“Lucky Surprise near Cathedral de Guadalajara”

La Fonda de San Miguel Arcangel
Ranked #160 of 1,344 Restaurants in Guadalajara
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine Mexican Restaurant. You just need to visit this beautiful place, so you can travel in time an feel the old Mexico. A must visit place, if you travel to Guadalajara.
Reviewed 24 February 2016

We were looking for something a little nicer than street food stand. We happened upon this great place. We walked in and we weren't sure if it was some sort of souvenier shop. We found the entry near back of hall and it was amazing. There is a lot for your eyes to see. We ordered our food and everyone loved their dishes. I loved their Chile Relleno Enogado, it was sooooo delicious. I did not care for their Agua de Jamaica it tasted like koolaid with sugar. I ended up settling for Sagria drink which was good.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I went there because 3 years ago I had a very nice impression of the place.
The food is terrible, no flavor.
The waiters are not very helpful.
The invoice service is not very good I needed to call 3 times to received my invoice.
They had a piano and they were playing nice music but a little boy was also playing the piano causing it terrible to hear.

Reviewed 15 February 2016

4 of us were there for dinner. The restaurant was absolutely empty. It's a beautiful restaurant in a wonderful old Convent. Our meals came and were cold. Like real cold. The waiter came by at the end of the dinner and comped the meal. Never go back. No excuse for cold food, cold ,plates, etc.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

A very Mexican restaurant, with an internal patio and fountain. I had Chile Nogano for the first time. Really delicious.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

We were going to go to La Chata but the line up was crazy, so we decided to go here instead and were glad we did. Its an old convent that is dark (at night) and interestingly decorated. The food was ok, not superb, but good enough. We had Pozole (soup with hominy) and Chicken stuffed with Huitlacoche (corn blight). Corn blight or corn smut sounds awful, but its quite good, its sometimes referred to as the Mexican Truffle, and its worth trying (its similar to mushrooms).