“Best chile relleno ever (we are Mexicans) ”
Review of Casa Mercedes

Casa Mercedes
Ranked #3 of 310 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Everything in this place is amazing, the food, service, place are all superb. My boyfriend had the chile relleno and it was the best one he has ever had and we are Mexicans this is a dish we order regularly. I had the tuna and it was also very good and fresh, the vegetables that accompany the tuna are rare and delicious I had never tried the "marine like asparagus" ... Definitely a very different experience of flavors. The chef and the owner both come out and ask how your being treated and how the food was. Excellent place!

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 29 February 2016

The place is cozy and mexican, the entrance includes very steep stairs and it is not a place for kids. Having said that the food is amazing the menu a selection from which its difficult to select from since it all looks so good! try sharing so you can taste more dishes!
My absolute best the Kale tacos amazing flavour!

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Service was great! The owner approached our table 3 times to check if everything was fine and to explain some of the dishes. I'm a vegetarian so he prepared a special dish for me. Delicious and wonderfully decorated.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

After reading a number of articles and reviews about Casa Mercedes we decided to book a dinner here for Valentine's Day. What a wonderful and memorable occasion. The food was fabulous, service was excellent, the restaurant along with the table setting and accoutrements were beautiful. This place is simply charming and the food is incredible. My husband and I intentionally ordered different dishes for every course so that we could enjoy tasting everything and everything we tried was excellent. While in Guanajuato this is one place you will not want to miss.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Simply outstanding. Nearly a year later still I dream about the bean and chicharron soup. Two simple ingredients brought together in such a memorable way speaks for itself.

After dinner the owner came by our table and suggested a mezcal. That too, was memorable. I have been unable to find the bottle, Agave de Cortes Añejo, but it has not been for lack of trying.

These good people clearly know good food. This restaurant is a must while in Gto.

Date of visit: August 2015