“largely Italian menu; overwhelmed waiter”

El Gallo Pitagorico
Ranked #30 of 280 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2017

They have a very good menu, decent wines, great setting (try to get a balcony table or view) - but they also usually only have one waiter and he does all the drink orders and food service. Not an issue on a slow night but terribly behind if they have more than a few tables full of customers.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Honestly, I had pesto pasta and it was fine. The views where you can both look over and look up were gorgeous.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Climb 90 steps up to this place, narrow and steep. A pleasant restaurant with very helpful staff most of whom speak English. Primarily Italian fare, pastas and the like. My friends had lasagna and spaghetti. I was not that hunger and had a salad (sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese and pesto followed by a different version of onion soup. All were excellent. The portions for us anyway were larger than most of us could handle. Excellent good tasting wine

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed dinner with my family, excellent environment with a good menu, reasonable prices!! Recomendable.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I you stay in Guanajuato you should climbed unto this restaurant. The food is very good here and the service is attentive, but I noticed that you will served a little bit more attentive if you a speaking Spanish . This shouldn't be I think. We didn't have any problem there ( speaking Spanish) so we came back three times more.