“Beautiful view, great service, excellent meal.”

El Gallo Pitagorico
Ranked #30 of 276 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2017

My cousin and I were in Guanajuato and finding it hard to get in to any restaurant without a reservation. We noticed the sign for El Gallo up on a building on the hill, and figured the climb might deter enough customers to make it less crowded. Apparently it did, because we had no trouble getting seated, and the view was wonderful, worth the price (and the effort) in itself. My cousin has dietary restrictions, and the waiter was very kind and attentive in his recommendations. We ended up having steak with balsamic dressing, with portobello mushrooms as an appetizer, and it was a great meal at a very low price.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We were lucky enough to get a table right by the open doors and enjoy the view. The food is typical Italian, a little pricey, but appropriate for the location. The service was just as good as the view. I would definitely recommend, but beware there are a lot of narrow stairs to get up to the dining level.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Spectacular view of Guanajuato lit up at night in all its glory! A bit of a climb up many stairs, but worth it for the service & food was impeccable! Spinach lasagna, onion soup and wine were delicious!!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I had the most wonderful experience dinning here, the view is the most amazing and romantic accompanied with great food.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went here for a late lunch today. We chose a table by the window with a wonder view over the city center. We each ordered a glass of the house wine, she had red and I white. The pours were generous and the wines were quite good. I had a minestrone vegetable soup which was delicious. For our main courses we ordered lasagne bolognese and Ravioli filled with spinach and cheese. Both these dishes were very good. For dessert I had a flan napolitano again very good. The over experience was well worth the fifty or sixty steps to reach it.