Hotel Murillo Plaza
Hotel de la Paz(Guanajuato)
US$56
US$64
US$135
US$126
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 December 2015

I stayed here for around 5 nights. The service is actually good, the people at the reception nice. It is located just few meters from La Alhóndiga.
The rooms are tiny and dark but clean.

The only thing I would change is the WIFI in the rooms and I would put a small cafeteria for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

We were unsure to book our room since the comments were very old and not too good. But since we arrived they were very helpful specially the receptionist, she offered us the best options for our stay. When our ride to the airport fell thru they were super nice took care of our luggage until it was time to go home so we could got out and explore. They even returned my sunglasses that I didn't even know I forgot in the room. Super satisfied, the rooms were regular, but the friendly helpful staff is definitely more important.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2014

I agree, avoid this place. VERY rude and incompetent lady at front desk.. when I asked for her name she told me it was Jania Murillo, so I assume she is the owner. I stayed two nights and she was unpleasant every time I interacted with her. I was there for a busy weekend it Gjto and most hotels were full. A friend's reservation fell through and when I called to ask I could pay for an extra person to stay in my room. I was told that there was "no problem at all". The next morning I asked her if she could recommend a nice place nearby to eat breakfast and she ignored my question and started asking me why there were three people in my room last night (instead of two). I explained that I called and PAID CASH for the extra person and her only snarky remark was "I doubt it". I have no idea how she could "doubt" it, because I showed her the call time on my phone and I paid the front desk for the extra person. She then changed her story saying the person who helped me was the security guard who "has no authority to make that decision". I have no idea how that could be my fault but I realized the conversation was going no where so we agreed to disagree and I left. I realized she hadn't told me if there was a nice place to get breakfast nearby, so I walked back to the desk to ask her again and she rudely responded "Guanajuato is full of restaurants…". I honestly can't believe how rude and unprofessional she was and if I had to do the trip to do ever again I would NOT stay here. No hot water (or shampoo in the room) the first night and when I called to ask for some I was told to wait until the housekeeper got to my room. Like many reviews said, this is not the most expensive hotel but it isn't the least expensive either. The poor attitude of the owner made me feel uncomfortable and overall disappointed with the place. Bad experience but Guanajuato is BEAUTIFUL. If you're thinking about making the trip, do it. Just DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank melliemk
Reviewed 4 November 2014

This is a slightly belated review but I am sure nothing changed for the better in this place. As we were driving, we booked this hotel on Booking.com for its private parking and walking distance proximity to the historic center. The prices were reasonable but not the lowest.
First, finding the hotel was a nightmare, it is on a one-way little alley that is impossible to find. Guanajuato itself is a driver's nightmare with the tunnels and medieval streets and GPS is useless there. We circled around town multiple times until finally finding the hotel by accident. So we arrived extremely agitated already. At check in the hotel insisted that we take two rooms instead of the one large room we booked. We are a family of 4 with small children and specifically booked their largest accommodation. Nonetheless, we had to pay for two rooms on two different floors and ended up not using the second room anyway. The hotel itself is shabby, old and dirty. Even their "honeymoon" room where we stayed was scruffy with malfunctioning toilet and dirty shower. Asking for help from the front desk is pointless. Free wifi is so weak, it barely works if you sit next to the router at the front desk. The parking lot is secure, but good luck climbing the suicide stairs from the parking garage to the hotel with your suitcases. There were a lot of other small things wrong with this hotel too many to list here. Discouraged by the whole experience we decided to cut our visit short and stay only one night instead of two. The hotel grudgingly agreed but not before making us call Booking.com to cancel so they "don't have to pay their commission". Overall, worst hotel experience in Mexico, stay away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WorldcitizenArizona
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was simply an amazing hotel in terms of location, for the rest it was basic and what you expect, but nothing horrible. Sometimes the sound at night was annoying from big trucks, but other than that, no complaints. The rooms were massive, hot water worked perfectly, the concierge were polite and always there, and we always felt safe even though we were smack in the middle of the action. This hotel is right across from the public granary which is the most famous historical site in Guanajuato and also a few minutes walk from the Deigo Reviera museum and the centre of town with all the food.

Tip: if you go right at the bottom of the hill from the hotel you hit the main town/tourist area, go left and you end up hitting the local part of town and local food!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple