“High class all the way”

The St. Regis Mexico City
Ranked #10 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Ultra modern, pure luxury and beautiful marble bathrooms. Having a "butler" is a real treat for morning coffee and any other thing you may need. Very nice touches like gourmet cookies left in your room. Mattress was way too soft. The high-tech lighting system in the room takes some studying, and it's often a little dark. The hotel bar with outdoor patio is beautiful but pricey: a wonderful place to feel like you've arrived, rubbing elbows with Mex City's upper crust in jackets and ties. If you're looking to relax and feel comfy in jeans as you stroll the hotel, this place is not for you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to review The St. Regis Mexico City. It is great you enjoyed the Butler Service, legacy of St. Regis around the world, and that you got to feel indulged by them. Please come back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is just perfect. It is not just a luxury hotel as others I know. The staff is friendly, always responsive to your needs and do their best to make you feel at home. Location is very good for business and leisure. I have stayed at St Regis in my visits to Mexico City in the last three years and every time it was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your review, second of all, we are deeply honored knowing that you have chosen The St. Regis Mexico City as your address while in DF. We hope we can get to know you more each stay developing a totally bespoke service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Loved staying at this hotel while visiting Our lady of Guadalupe. The rooms were elegantly modern, yet cozy. The staff was amazing and our personal valet was attentive and extremely helpful. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest:
We are glad you could stay at The St. Regis Mexico City and that the staff made you feel uncompromisingly assisted. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently returned from a quick 2-night trip to Mexico City. I had stayed before so I knew the service was going to be top-notch. I travelled from Buenos Aires all day on my birthday (see Park Tower review) only to arrive around 9pm. My colleague whom also stayed at the St. Regis made mention of my birthday and the Front Desk staff was quick to acknowledge my birthdate. Although the hotel was full and unable to give me the upgrade, Grand Deluxe room would be perfect. I called the butler as I was heading out the door for a birthday dinner to iron my suit and he arrived with a treat, to wish me a happy birthday.

The only thing negative I can say about this hotel is that their car-service is slightly steep. Walking out to the street to hail a cab is simple and less expensive. Their knowledge of restaurants is not very great and therefore my colleague had to pay 50 extra pesos (M$200) for what turned out to be a M$75 cab ride back from dinner. I did use their service on Friday to take me to the airport since I left at 6am.. Will definitely come back to the St. Regis

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any category at this property.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review The St. Regis Mexico City. We are glad we were able to have you at the hotel during your birthday. I am sure our Head Concierge will appreciate your suggestions.
Wishing you an exceptional day,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the St. Regis Mexico twice again over the last weeks and very much enjoyed it. First, we had an executive suite, which was lovely. Great interior design, comfortable and with all the amenities one expects from a St. Regis. On our second stay we tried out the luxury suite, which is significantly larger with dining table and a view – it is a great room, but feels a bit empty and cold. Though that is due to personal taste. I think I would prefer the executive suite again.

Facilities were great and staff is super friendly and helpful. I would especially like to point out the staff at the check-in, the bellmen and the concierge, who provided amazing service.

If there is one thing the St. Regis Mexico can improve on, it would be the service at its restaurant and bar. The food was pretty good, but not consistent. Chilaquiles at breakfast were amazing while most of the other dishes disappoint. One thing management needs to address is the attention to detail (this is the reason I only give four points; I compare to the St. Regis Singapore where service is impeccable): during breakfast as well as drinks staff was standing around, chatting with each other or the manager seemed to be engaging them in long conversations. This meant, guests had to come in from the balcony and find someone to place orders or get help. No one ever walks around to check on guests, whether the food is ok, the drinks need to be refilled or whether they require anything else. They need to be more attentive to their guests.

Else, we will for sure come back.

Room Tip: Try the executive suite, great space and very cosy
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Carlos F, Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you for the time that you took on writing a detailed review on our property. The bespoke service is one of our core values, so please be sure that the comments have been addressed to the management team at the restaurant. We hope that you can have the time to visit us again and experience an unforgettable experience in Diana, as well as the entire hotel.

Best Regards,