Book now, pay at stay
US$117
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$49
US$58
Hotel Plaza Revolucion(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$330
US$290
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssanta fedesign hotelthe hotel managermin walkfloorbathtublobbydesktoiletspgtilesuber
Reviewed 25 September 2016

A wonderful design hotel in Santa Fe.

The service was great and the design is really something that you do not see in an average hotel and the view from the rooms are excellent. I very much recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Director General at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Thank you very much for all your comments and recomendation.
Was a pleasure to have the oportunity to serve you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Stayed here over the course of an extended weekend in Mexico City (first time ever in Mexico)! Main reason was specifically to stay at a Design Hotel associated with SPG, but very, very happy with the selection. A part of Groupo Habita Hotels, Distrito Capital has rooms all on the 25-28th floors of a (I believe) 28 floor building in the Santa Fe area of Mexico City. With wonderful staff, a beautiful view, unbelievable complimentary breakfast, and an outdoor freaking pool apparently a rarity in Mexico City). For those that may frequent, apparently each room is different. Always need to try other hotels especially in a city as large as Mexico City, but if I make it back more than once (count on it) I’ll be returning here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Director General at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thankyou for all your comments and recomendations.
We expect you to come back very soon.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

This is really a sad review for me to post because it would have been 5 stars up until the very end.

Pros:
1) They upgraded me to a junior suite for free. The view was impeccable. Like Bill Murray in Lost in Translation.
2) Speakers in the room connected also in the bathroom. Smart.
3) Well appointed amenities.
4) 60 mbps download speed on the internet. As someone who lives in Puerto Vallarta, this just doesn't EXIST anywhere in the country.

Now for their downfall...
Cons:
1) I lost my ticket for my car. I called downstairs and the woman told me I would have to come down. She interrupted me as I asked her to phone down and get the process moving so I wouldn't have to wait. I had a plane to catch and if you've ever driven in Mexico City, you know...it's HELL. I came downstairs, went to valet...they marched me back to her. Clearly, she had said nothing to them. Then the parking guy told me there would be an extra charge...10 minutes later he comes back to tell me $250 pesos for the lost ticket. Jesus. I say, take it off the tip I overpaid on my bottle of wine from the night before. The receptionist can't find this bottle of wine. She spends 5 more minutes on the phone trying to figure it out. I say just bill me...I need to get my car. The valet walks me to another attendant and I have to explain, yet again, that I need my White Prius. The receptionist comes down. They tell me to pay the other guy.

After all that, wouldn't you know, they didn't even look for any of the identification I told them about in the car? What a ripoff and terrible way to leave a customer at the end of what would have been a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

Dear Miss Giegerich

We really appreciates all your comments and we would like to apologize about all this inconvenience.

No matters that the valet parking is not managed by the hotel, It´s very important to us, that our guests receive a good service.

Unfortunately, there is a policy which states that when any user loses his ticket, must pay a fee for the time that the car has been inside de parking area.
This policy applies for all the public parkings in the city.

You can be sure that we will work harder to improve our quality service.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 February 2016

We booked a 'superior queen' room for 2 nights this past weekend to celebrate my birthday. While we live in DF, we opted for this hotel because of its pool, terrace, seemingly nice bathrooms, and being out of the way. We got few of those amenities and a lot of problems.

For starters, the biggest issue was the stench of sewage that began our first evening when we used the bathtub. It began slowly and remained in the bathroom for the evening. We didn't complain to management thinking it would go away. Well, the next morning at 7AM, I was awoken to the stench of sewage, which had filled our room and was so overpowering it woke us up. The front desk associate, Mary Carmen, sent housekeeping to use ammonia - simply swapping the foul smell for the chemical smell of ammonia. Neither were pleasant.

By the end of the day, the sewage smell had continued. Alejandro at the front desk responded promptly again with ammonia, but this time it was too much. The smell of a chemistry experiment was dizzying and forced us to change rooms to #17, which was fine. It has two US double-sized beds, a functional bathroom, and better views. I recommend #17 over #20 for this alone.

Needless to say, regardless of the nice room change, we weren't offered anything else to improve our stay. Indeed, both the night front desk associate (a very professional and welcoming man named Alejandro) and morning associate said that they aren't empowered by management to do anything more than change rooms. While I wasn't looking for freebies, I was looking for something to improve my experience considering we had booked this hotel for the amenities in the bathroom/bedroom and the pool/terrance, which was blocked off for a private party all day Saturday thereby eliminating any outdoor space at the hotel. I was - and 2 days later - still feeling quite inconvenienced from this stay.

Adding salt to the wound was the supercilious attitude of Mary Carmen at the front desk who either hates her job or has absolutely no power to address guest issues. She constantly had a sour face and exuded an aura of not wanting to deal with the issues we were having.

Other things to note at this property: the coffee tastes like it was filtered through a jock strap and the breakfast buffet would leave even a small child hungry. Not to mention that the buffet is a complete rip off of $198MXN/person. When we walked in to inquire about it, we were presented with a buffet that featured 3 rolled up slices of jamon serrano on a plate. I not only balked at the price/quantity of food ratio, but at the sheer gall of this hotel to so obviously rip off their clientele. Lunch is actually decent - the arrachera sandwich is good - but it is pricey. Completely forget about room service, which lives up to the stereotype of being overpriced and revolting. I ordered orejas and a chocolate muffin with room service only to be served food that tasted recently defrosted.

Beware of the pool parties that the hotel hosts. There was on Saturday - for which we couldn't access the terrace unless we wished to join the party (wristbands required). We walked to look into the bar to see how the party was out of curiosity. At the moment of climbing the 4 stairs to the bar, a drunk woman with a flat-brimmed hat fell down 2 more stairs leading from the bar, nearly slammed into me while I stood against the wall at the top of the stairs, and then proceeded to trip over her very high heels and fall face-first down the stairs. Drunk beyond recognition, she clearly was unfazed by her topple and her boyfriend and her managed to drag themselves one after the other through the hotel clutching their booze. Classy party for a not-at-all cheap hotel.

In the end, the manager did offer us a weekend stay in a 'top category' room at Distrito Capital based on availability, I am highly unsure I want to step foot in this hotel ever again - let alone any other Grupo Habita property. This was my third stay (after Casa Fayette in GDL and Habita MTY) and simply don't see the value in them. I am disappointed, disgusted, and feeling ripped off from my short stay this weekend and would advise all those considering staying here to reconsider.

Room Tip: Rooms with two double beds (such as #17/).
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MX213
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear Mr. Goodman

We are sorry because your experience at Distrito Capital was below your expectations.

We will be very pleased to have de opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

First time for me in Mexico, this hotel made me feel good. We arrived after a trip that took us a flight of 13 hours jet lack ... But it was worth it !!
First approach of the hotel, an upgrade as our room had just been painted.
Beautiful view from your bed of the modern city.
Nice and healthy breakfast in the morning included in the rate.
Valet parking for free, so easy to use when ever you want.
Friendly friendly people, from the cleaning lady you cross on your floor till the manager of the hotel.... Coming from Asia, we are used to kindness, well Mexico City is not standing behind of this so pleasant experience. Thank you dear staff, you made our stay and holiday a memorable experience for our first approach in your beautiful country...and we will come back ;)

Room Tip: Design room, beautiful view
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Dear Guest

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Distrito Capital.

We hope that you come back very soon.
This is your home.