“I don't recommand it. Better options around”
Review of Compostela

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Compostela
Ranked #240 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent some days at this hotel in February 2014. I do not recommend this hotel. You can find a lot of better options at the same price around.The furnitures are old. The room was clean but it smelled humidity. The rooms along the street are noicy and the rooms inside are very dark. At the reception, they asked me my PIN number for my credit card. I had to argue 15 minutes to explain it was illegal and to let me get inside to enter it by myself !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the hotel to be clean (very NB for me) and the staff to be very friendly. The hotel manager is American and he went out of his way to help me set up the hotel's internet service on my laptop. I also welcomed the fact that I could communicate in English since my Spanish is very limited. I have no hesitation is recommending this hotel as excellent value for money. The hotel itself is quiet and centrally located to shops and vendors selling all kinds of stuff. There is a park across the road and on Sunday's it's full of artists selling their work, really very cool.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Debbie E
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed here 3 nights, the hotel is clean and comfortable, the rooms on the second floor are roomier than the lower flat area. THe hotel is centrally located and made it easy for us to walk around the tourist town and in the business area.

Room Tip: Reserve early, we got a room last minute and all nearby hotels were already full.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank cave-tuber
Reviewed 22 April 2012

i stayed in this hotel only for one night: there isn't a good internet connection, the rooms are small (3rd floor), no breakfast.
my advice is to choose another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank vasaio012
Reviewed 16 April 2012

i stayed on the room located in the first floor, a bit small , yet comfortable, did not feel the earthquake as i lied on my bed comfortably, my friends had rooms on the second and third floors and those were more roomier and i would prefer those if they were available. to get a room in a centrally located area near the downtown and transit area you must book early, as many weary travellers stepped in but there was no vacancy.

Room Tip: choose 2nd and 3rd floors if possible, more quiet and bigger rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business