Book now, pay at stay
US$139
US$141
US$118
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$58
Hotels.com
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Plaza Revolucion(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$330
US$290
1,068 results
All reviewsjose andrespolanco areashower arealobby barwalking distancerain showergreat areabusiness tripgreat roomwake up callrooms are spaciousbusiness travelerperfect hotelrestaurants and shopssafe neighborhoodmodern hotelchapultepec park
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in a return trip from Ecuador. It was a nice relaxing stay without incident. Room and view was nice - I was on 21st floor at the end of the hallway. Was quiet for the most part, however I could hear other guests in the hallway on one night very late... perhaps the wall/doors are insulated as they should. The room itself was nice and bed was very comfy. One odd aspect was that the only window was in the bathroom - it was strange. Also, towels did not seem to be a soft/fluffy as in most 5 star hotels. The bathroom had a double sink however absolutely no room for your belongings on the vanity. It was not ideal to have to put my toiletries underneath the sink on shelf - but I did not have a choice. Big design flaw. Housekeeping service was great - except they forgot to replenish my water one day. Also, no turndown service was offered over my 3 nights- not a big deal. I ordered room service once for breakfast and it was good and came on time. All other meals were off property - I highly recommend going out into the neighborhood as there are so many great options for every meal in walking distance. The location is the best part about this hotel- Polanco is the best neighborhood in the city. Elevators are a downfall of this hotel - there are only 3 very small lifts for a 30 story building. Expect long waits. Also, staff ranged from strong to below average. Some staff were wonderful and warm, others cold and uninterested. One example, I was in the lift when a sales manager of the hotel came in with 2 clients- she did not greet me or even provide a smile. Not a huge deal, but noticeable- again not 5 star service. Not consistent and definitely nowhere on par with the service of the JW Marriott next door (I stayed there last year and loved it!). Not a bad stay at all, but room for improvement. Finally, no pool is on properly which surprised me. For a hotel of this caliber and W brand it is a major downfall. I almost forgot- there are no HD channels on the TV! Shocking to be in 2018 in a luxury hotel and still not have any high def channels. Please fix this ASAP!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Delmar06
W_Mexico_City, Whatever / Whenever at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello Delmar06;

Thanks a lot for choosing us as your home away from home and for sharing your comments here with us!

We at W strive to make each guest experience memorable and pleasant, and it is always nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will share your comments with all the talent in order to focus on all those areas as an incentive to improve our service day by day.

Our team is committed to world class service and the only way we can improve in any aspect is thanks to our guests and their comments and ideas.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you once again in the near future. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Great hotel. Pedro has given us particularly wonderful service! The first floor bar margaritas, excellent. Cool, modern yet authentic hotel atmosphere. Good breakfast, welcoming from check-in throughout stay. Gracias!

Stayed: February 2018
W_Mexico_City, Whatever / Whenever at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Hi Stacie W;

Looks like you had an amazing time with us! Thank a lot for sharing it here with more travellers.

I will share this review with Pedro, I'm sure he will be glad to find out he helped you to create a complete W Experience.

Did you have the chance to try our Sunday Brunch? It is an excellent option to spend the day in our terrace with some mimosas.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

The W Mexico is a great hotel. My family/extended family went to Mexico City for a wedding. The hotel is located in a very nice area of city. Despite what you hear about Mexico regarding the myths and crime, we felt very safe. The hotel is close to great restaurants, cultural attractions, night life and city center. The hotel rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. Our view of the city was breathtaking. When we entered the room there was a strong fragrant order that was a bit intense but after a day the smell either faded or I just got use to it.

Here's a few tips
- Whoever you're rooming with be sure you're comfortable with them because there is not a door to the general bathroom area. The toilet area has a door and the shower has a door but the general area is separated from the room by a curtain.
- The shower is amazing. I literally took a 20 minute shower everyday
- Don't miss breakfast. The food and service was amazing, which included fresh fruits, eggs to order, breads, pastries and of course the Jugo de Verde. I can't remember our server's name at the restaurant during breakfast but he was amazing and knew each morning to have our jugo de verde ready. We went back on our last day to say goodbye but he was not working.
- The time of year that we were in MEX the weather was hormonal (no fault of the hotel of course) where it was 70 degrees in the day but 30 degrees at night. The lobby was always freezing cold. If you go the month of January be sure to pack a sweater.
- The gym was adequate and served its purpose.
- Unfortunately there is not a typical W pool but there is a mini Jacuzzi oasis.
- If you struggle with Spanish like I do for the most part majority of the staff is fluent or familiar with English.

It was a great stay and I would definitely book the W Hotel again.

Stayed: January 2018
W_Mexico_City, other at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

WOW! We love to read this kind of reviews Damelia S!

Thanks a lot for sharing your Experience with us, it's great to know everything went so smooth and awesome.

This has been one of our coldest winters in Mexico City; but we already working in order to make your next stay warmer.

When are you coming back? Hope to see you soon.

All the best;

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Overall a typical W hotel and service. The basic room has good size comparing to other comparable hotels in the area. We are not happy with how clean the rooms were, specially the details. They can do better, see pictures. The J restaurant was very good and the breakfast buffet is very nice, 8.5 on a 10 scale. The area is very exclusive with a lot of security in the residential area around.
Don’t miss “Polanquito”, cross the street and the Lincoln Park (great kids playground area) and you will find a nice restaurant and small shops area. Pricy but great area to hang out.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
W_Mexico_City, Gerente at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for your preference and your review!
We are glad that you enjoyed your room,the restaurant and our great location! we are actually very proud of them.
Regarding the cleanliness matter, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience generated, This definitely does not reflect our standards level. I have shared with the Style Director in order to take action with her team and improve. Thanks again for the feedback and please let me know if you are coming back in the near future. It will be my pleasure to meet you in person and follow up your requests.

Have a great weekend.

Yair Hernández - WW Manager
yair.hernandez@whotels.com

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We had a bunch of rooms reserved to help celebrate a friend’s 50th B-day.
The staff were all very nice and especially Pedro who was very helpful during our stay. He provided us with local “intel” regarding clubs etc.
rooms were typical of W- very clean, modern and up to date.
The heating seems to be an issue in the public areas- it was quite chilly. The rooms, however, were able to be controlled to much warmer temps.
The breakfast was nice every morning. The bar area was ok but it did seem kind of quiet for Friday/Sat nites. Not sure if it was just a fluke.
Location of hotel is awesome- very walkable to many cafes, restaurants, shops etc. we felt very safe in this area.
I found a cool local cafe just about 10 min walk for very good espresso/cappuccino named Chai- give it a try.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
W_Mexico_City, other at W Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Hi Kalpesh;

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

I will show your review to Pedro, I'm sure we will be glad to know he helepd you to create an amazing time in W Mexico City.

We are already checking our heating system and be sure we will take the proper measures since the comfort of our guests is one of our priorities.

Hope to see you soon!