W Mexico City
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Suites Obelisk(Mexico City)
  • Pool
Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel(Mexico City)
Hotel Polanco(Mexico City)
Las Alcobas(Mexico City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Habita(Mexico City)
  • Room Service
Las Suites(Mexico City)
1,031 results
All reviewsjose andrespolanco areashower arealobby barwalking distancerain showergreat areahigh floorbusiness tripgreat roomrooms are spaciouswake up callbusiness travelerperfect hotelrestaurants and shopssafe neighborhoodlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2006

Was it Mexico or the W? We are wanting to try another W to see if it was just a local thing or the W.. Yes they are 'whenever wherever'.. had a great concierge to book reservations for trips and reservations..rides to the airport etc.. all very nice.The room and room service was our major issues.. just little things.. light bulb out on desk,two tissues in box,NO drawers to speak of... seriously it was two four inch high 14 inch .. How two people could stay there for longer than a few days is beyond me.. we had to live out of our suitcases.No bottle opener when we wanted a beer.. water one day..never again until one hour before we checked out.. no lotion.. They had upgraded us to a suite.I was so excited about the tub.. but there is no tub spout ..just the rain shower head and the stopper didnt work...:(
Roomservice..agh.. we filled out the card they left on our pillow.. at 7:45 we peeked out the door in the morning. it was. sadly to say still on the door(even though it said to put out by 2;30 am and we had done so at 10pm.. well a call to whatever whenever we said we had to leave by 8;30.. they didnt seem to really get the card still here thing..and oddly enough we never got another on our bed.. had someone forgotten to tell the maid they werent doing it anymore? Anyway they rallied... Next day we called it in .. but got herbal tea instead of black.. oh yes and the first day grape juice instead of grapefruit.. which WAS on the menu.. not grape.. well thats it.. oh yes one last thing.. the 8 inch gap in the curtains.. The walls area almost all glass. even in the toilet room..It was bright all night and in my face in the moring.. wish I had brought some duct tape! thats it.. would I stay there again...no..I like all the nice touches...and things that go smoothly for that price... would rather have that than being cool. But i will try a W elsewhere..

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank oreo21
Reviewed 11 October 2006

My partner and I just spent 5 wonderful nights in the W. It was our first trip to Mexico City and the W was the perfect respite after busy and hectic days sightseeing. Our room was on the 15th floor. It had great views, and the hammock in the bathroom was a kick. The bed is super comfortable and the room was just perfect for lounging. We came home every night and just chilled. Although I enjoyed the bar and people watching - after being in the hustle and bustle of the city all day I just wanted to have some peace and quiet, and our room didn't disappoint.
The staff was wonderful and friendly. I must admit I expect a little attitude at a W - that's part of the schtick - but there was none here. Just warm, friendly hospitality. We were greeted by smiles and welcomes every time. The concierge was wonderful - recommending several great restaurants and booking us a fantastic tour to Teotihuacan. The Polanco neighborhood is very lovely - chic and urban - and made for great evening walks and dinners.
Of course, the W isn't for everyone - it's a little minimal and modern. If that's not your style there's always the JW Marriott next door.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stubey
Reviewed 8 October 2006

This hotel definitely does not provide the value of an international brand name hotel or the price it charges. I had a very disappointing visit to this hotel. The halls are dark and smell, the rooms are very dark, cold floor, not functional bath tube (rounded bath tube leaves the entire floor wet), lateral window could not be closed (no curtains) preventing privacy from nearby building. The "supposed" excellent restaurant served me a spoiled fish (recommended by the waitress!!) and I got E.coli, destroying my business trip, and my wife's first visit to Mexico city. I noticed the bad taste of the fish, but never thought could be something so serious. Of course, after that (and very sick!) I changed to the awesome JW Marriott next door. Very pretentious environment, no real value for the serious business traveler, be aware!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank dsimoes
Reviewed 11 September 2006

My boyfriend and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the W Mexico City - what a treat! We booked ourselves here because my boyfriend had to attend a convention in a nearby suburb, and instead of staying at the Fiesta Inn closer to the venue, we decided to treat ourselves and make a vacation out of the trip.

Check in was a breeze and the hotel staff was very helpful. The staff at the Whiskey/Lobby bar were extremely accommodating of our love for the Sauvignon Blanc that was only served in the upstairs restaurant, and went out of their way to travel up and down the stairs just to bring us the wine we like!

We stayed in a Spectacular Room. The beds were extra comfy and the rooms were clean and unique. We loved the hammock in the bathroom and the three-shower heads in the shower. The only downside to our room was the closet space – there was virtually none, which was kind of a hassle.

We treated ourselves to massages (Swedish - both excellent) and I enjoyed a pedicure - very expertly done! We worked out at the gym daily - all the machines are top of the line (they're equipped to read your heart monitor if you have one) and the equipment is extremely well cared for.

As far as the neighborhood, you can't get any better than the trendy Polanco district - it's extremely chic, and there are wonderful restaurants and shops just within blocks of the hotel. If you'd like to go anywhere, the hotel will arrange a driver for you, and even send the driver to pick you up when you're done exploring!

We ate at the restaurant every night for dinner and I tried 4 different entrees, and they were all impeccable. My boyfriend is a vegetarian and he found the selection quite ample and was able to enjoy a variety of fish and veggie dishes. The brunch options are also fantastic.

All in all, our stay at the W Mexico City was really the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tkteri
Reviewed 30 July 2006

As a frequent business traveler to Mexico City, have had experience in many hotels here. By far, the 'W' Mexico City has become one of my favorite stays. The location, the trendy & chic Polanco district is great for those who like a lively nite life and great restaurants within walking distance. The Lobby bar is a happening spot on Friday and Saturday nites, but once entering the elevator and ascending to your floor, all is left behind. Plenty to do and see in nearby neighborhoods, including museums, parks and shopping. Hotel itself have great spacious rooms with signature comfortable 'W' beds. An excellent gym to keep fit while on the road and cool spa to relax in after a long day of business meetings. The staff are very friendly and attentive and try their best to meet your all your needs. Highly recommend for young singles and those who prefer trendy friendly boutique hotels in a great part of town.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business