US$110
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Condesa(Mexico City)
US$168
US$120
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$137/night.

US$197
US$227
US$180
Priceline
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

1,089 results
All reviewsjose andrespolanco arealobby barwalking distancerain showergreat areabusiness tripgreat roomrooms are spaciouswake up callbusiness travelerperfect hotelrestaurants and shopssafe neighborhoodmodern hotelchapultepec parkhotel restaurant
Reviewed 24 December 2006

My partner and I stayed at the W in December of 2006, visiting Mexico City for pleasure. The staff was very friendly and professional, and the room very beautiful and comfortable. The restaurant was one of the better I've been to in a W hotel, and the Sunday brunch was particularly innovative, offering a vast array of basic ingredients from which one could create many different dishes like salads, sandwiches and side dishes to go along with a main dish chosen from a menu. The design of the hotel throughout is well done. The property is now 3 years old and it is already starting to show some wear in the public areas. Overall though, it's still a beautiful hotel and very nicely appointed.

Our biggest let down was with the concierge. We are vegetarians, so the concierge in a new city is important for us. We were were given one option (Thai Gardens) that we found to be awful (through no fault of the concierge though). Then we asked for, and checked back two more times, for a menu from a local restaurant that they said they could get for us. It never materialized and we only got excuses. We found the lack of knowledge and lack of interest in following-up on issues to be contrary to the way most W concierges work.

One other thing that chapped my hide was that they charge for bottled water, when they advise that you don't drink from the taps. I've been in several much more economical hotels in this country that include plenty of drinking water for free. We were charged over MXN $100 for drinking water during our stay, and I think it would be a better move to raise the room rates by a few bucks to throw in some "complimentary" drinking water.

All that being said, we'll be back. It's a fun place, they make great cocktails at the bar, and the staff, even if not frighteningly efficient and knowledgeable like that of most W hotels, was professional and very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank iamcrispydammit
Reviewed 20 November 2006

Recently stayed at the W Mexico City on a business trip and conducted a small event there on the same stay. Although the LOUD nightclub in the lobby was very disarming coming in late after a long travel day and business dinner, the service was excellent. Greeted with much needed bottled water and easy check in I made my way to my room and found a much needed oasis - I will give Starwood credit, you know when you are in a W without any doubt. The room had been set for a guest arrival including pulsating light to soothing mood music. No noise made its way upstairs from the nightclub and the bed was extremely comfortable - I slept like a baby. I had the spa shower with hammock - did not dare to use the hammock as was so tired I feared I'd fall off and crack my head on the marble seat, however it was an interesting concept - which was lovely. Staff was attentive on every count. The food and location was great. I am extremely picky and can not find a single complaint!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank mzplacedinphilly
Reviewed 21 October 2006

Was it Mexico or the W? We are wanting to try another W to see if it was just a local thing or the W.. Yes they are 'whenever wherever'.. had a great concierge to book reservations for trips and reservations..rides to the airport etc.. all very nice.The room and room service was our major issues.. just little things.. light bulb out on desk,two tissues in box,NO drawers to speak of... seriously it was two four inch high 14 inch .. How two people could stay there for longer than a few days is beyond me.. we had to live out of our suitcases.No bottle opener when we wanted a beer.. water one day..never again until one hour before we checked out.. no lotion.. They had upgraded us to a suite.I was so excited about the tub.. but there is no tub spout ..just the rain shower head and the stopper didnt work...:(
Roomservice..agh.. we filled out the card they left on our pillow.. at 7:45 we peeked out the door in the morning. it was. sadly to say still on the door(even though it said to put out by 2;30 am and we had done so at 10pm.. well a call to whatever whenever we said we had to leave by 8;30.. they didnt seem to really get the card still here thing..and oddly enough we never got another on our bed.. had someone forgotten to tell the maid they werent doing it anymore? Anyway they rallied... Next day we called it in .. but got herbal tea instead of black.. oh yes and the first day grape juice instead of grapefruit.. which WAS on the menu.. not grape.. well thats it.. oh yes one last thing.. the 8 inch gap in the curtains.. The walls area almost all glass. even in the toilet room..It was bright all night and in my face in the moring.. wish I had brought some duct tape! thats it.. would I stay there again...no..I like all the nice touches...and things that go smoothly for that price... would rather have that than being cool. But i will try a W elsewhere..

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank oreo21
Reviewed 11 October 2006

My partner and I just spent 5 wonderful nights in the W. It was our first trip to Mexico City and the W was the perfect respite after busy and hectic days sightseeing. Our room was on the 15th floor. It had great views, and the hammock in the bathroom was a kick. The bed is super comfortable and the room was just perfect for lounging. We came home every night and just chilled. Although I enjoyed the bar and people watching - after being in the hustle and bustle of the city all day I just wanted to have some peace and quiet, and our room didn't disappoint.
The staff was wonderful and friendly. I must admit I expect a little attitude at a W - that's part of the schtick - but there was none here. Just warm, friendly hospitality. We were greeted by smiles and welcomes every time. The concierge was wonderful - recommending several great restaurants and booking us a fantastic tour to Teotihuacan. The Polanco neighborhood is very lovely - chic and urban - and made for great evening walks and dinners.
Of course, the W isn't for everyone - it's a little minimal and modern. If that's not your style there's always the JW Marriott next door.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stubey
Reviewed 8 October 2006

This hotel definitely does not provide the value of an international brand name hotel or the price it charges. I had a very disappointing visit to this hotel. The halls are dark and smell, the rooms are very dark, cold floor, not functional bath tube (rounded bath tube leaves the entire floor wet), lateral window could not be closed (no curtains) preventing privacy from nearby building. The "supposed" excellent restaurant served me a spoiled fish (recommended by the waitress!!) and I got E.coli, destroying my business trip, and my wife's first visit to Mexico city. I noticed the bad taste of the fish, but never thought could be something so serious. Of course, after that (and very sick!) I changed to the awesome JW Marriott next door. Very pretentious environment, no real value for the serious business traveler, be aware!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business