W Mexico City
Suites Obelisk(Mexico City)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel(Mexico City)
Hotel Polanco(Mexico City)
Average 3/5
  • Room Service
Las Suites(Mexico City)
1,032 results
All reviewsjose andrespolanco areashower arealobby barwalking distancerain showergreat areahigh floorbusiness tripgreat roomrooms are spaciouswake up callbusiness travelerperfect hotelrestaurants and shopssafe neighborhoodlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2007

We stayed here for a few days in December 2006 and would come back. We liked how the hotel is in a safe area and close to great restaurants, the hammock in the bathroom, the friendly and helpful service, and the fun restaurant/bar in the lobby and mezzanine floor. The complimentary refreshments, xmas cookies and hot beverages, in the lobby were also a nice touch. We weren't crazy about the red and white walls in our room.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HopingThisHelps
Reviewed 23 January 2007

My wife give me a great birthday present: a weekend stay at the trendy W Mexico City. We took advantage of the special weekend low rates (199 dlls per night) and the hotel really was worth the trip to Mexico City (we live at Morelia, Michoacan, a three hours trip by car). The W is brand new, located at the stylish Polanco neighborhood, just across Chapultepec Park. The staff is friendly (all dressed in black at the front desk and the bellboys), the architecture and interior design is minimalist, the rooms are quite different from the usual hotel rooms: they are loft style, with the bathroom integrated to the rest of the room (the washbasin is actually in front of the bed), and very well equipped. The service is superb: newspaper at your door in the morning, two changes of towels daily, bathrobes, slippers, wine glasses and even a hammock to relax in the bathroom. And with the whatever whenever concierge service you can get almost anything you want in Mexico City.
There are a lot of atractions near the hotel: museums, the sofisticated shops at Mazaryk Avenue, new and trendy malls (Antara), fancy restaurants and a wide array of night clubs. We deffinitely recommend the W.

Stayed: January 2007
6  Thank YV24122015
Reviewed 24 December 2006

My partner and I stayed at the W in December of 2006, visiting Mexico City for pleasure. The staff was very friendly and professional, and the room very beautiful and comfortable. The restaurant was one of the better I've been to in a W hotel, and the Sunday brunch was particularly innovative, offering a vast array of basic ingredients from which one could create many different dishes like salads, sandwiches and side dishes to go along with a main dish chosen from a menu. The design of the hotel throughout is well done. The property is now 3 years old and it is already starting to show some wear in the public areas. Overall though, it's still a beautiful hotel and very nicely appointed.

Our biggest let down was with the concierge. We are vegetarians, so the concierge in a new city is important for us. We were were given one option (Thai Gardens) that we found to be awful (through no fault of the concierge though). Then we asked for, and checked back two more times, for a menu from a local restaurant that they said they could get for us. It never materialized and we only got excuses. We found the lack of knowledge and lack of interest in following-up on issues to be contrary to the way most W concierges work.

One other thing that chapped my hide was that they charge for bottled water, when they advise that you don't drink from the taps. I've been in several much more economical hotels in this country that include plenty of drinking water for free. We were charged over MXN $100 for drinking water during our stay, and I think it would be a better move to raise the room rates by a few bucks to throw in some "complimentary" drinking water.

All that being said, we'll be back. It's a fun place, they make great cocktails at the bar, and the staff, even if not frighteningly efficient and knowledgeable like that of most W hotels, was professional and very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank iamcrispydammit
Reviewed 20 November 2006

Recently stayed at the W Mexico City on a business trip and conducted a small event there on the same stay. Although the LOUD nightclub in the lobby was very disarming coming in late after a long travel day and business dinner, the service was excellent. Greeted with much needed bottled water and easy check in I made my way to my room and found a much needed oasis - I will give Starwood credit, you know when you are in a W without any doubt. The room had been set for a guest arrival including pulsating light to soothing mood music. No noise made its way upstairs from the nightclub and the bed was extremely comfortable - I slept like a baby. I had the spa shower with hammock - did not dare to use the hammock as was so tired I feared I'd fall off and crack my head on the marble seat, however it was an interesting concept - which was lovely. Staff was attentive on every count. The food and location was great. I am extremely picky and can not find a single complaint!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank mzplacedinphilly
Reviewed 21 October 2006

Was it Mexico or the W? We are wanting to try another W to see if it was just a local thing or the W.. Yes they are 'whenever wherever'.. had a great concierge to book reservations for trips and reservations..rides to the airport etc.. all very nice.The room and room service was our major issues.. just little things.. light bulb out on desk,two tissues in box,NO drawers to speak of... seriously it was two four inch high 14 inch .. How two people could stay there for longer than a few days is beyond me.. we had to live out of our suitcases.No bottle opener when we wanted a beer.. water one day..never again until one hour before we checked out.. no lotion.. They had upgraded us to a suite.I was so excited about the tub.. but there is no tub spout ..just the rain shower head and the stopper didnt work...:(
Roomservice..agh.. we filled out the card they left on our pillow.. at 7:45 we peeked out the door in the morning. it was. sadly to say still on the door(even though it said to put out by 2;30 am and we had done so at 10pm.. well a call to whatever whenever we said we had to leave by 8;30.. they didnt seem to really get the card still here thing..and oddly enough we never got another on our bed.. had someone forgotten to tell the maid they werent doing it anymore? Anyway they rallied... Next day we called it in .. but got herbal tea instead of black.. oh yes and the first day grape juice instead of grapefruit.. which WAS on the menu.. not grape.. well thats it.. oh yes one last thing.. the 8 inch gap in the curtains.. The walls area almost all glass. even in the toilet room..It was bright all night and in my face in the moring.. wish I had brought some duct tape! thats it.. would I stay there again...no..I like all the nice touches...and things that go smoothly for that price... would rather have that than being cool. But i will try a W elsewhere..

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple