Book now, pay at stay
US$139
US$141
US$118
US$58
Hotel Plaza Revolucion(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$330
US$290
Hotels.com
1,068 results
All reviewsjose andrespolanco areashower arealobby barwalking distancerain showergreat areabusiness tripgreat roomwake up callrooms are spaciousbusiness travelerperfect hotelrestaurants and shopssafe neighborhoodmodern hotelchapultepec park
Reviewed 15 July 2007

After a grim stay at the W in the Maldives we reluctantly booked into
this hotel in Mexico for a couple of nights. We werent sure whether to go to the fourseasons or the W, both basic rooms being the same price (£100 rm pn) - but were very glad that we stayed here.

It was clean and efficient, the staff were helpful, the bar was buzzy, & it was in a 'safe neighbourhood' where we could stroll around quite easily. We were upgraded to a suite on the 21st floor - which had a giant ceiling to floor glass window along the side of the room - giving both the circular bathtub and the loo - the most amazing view out across mexico city.

Annoyingly there were two complimentary bottles of champagne - when we would have preferred water - and the restaurant was completely devoid of atmosphere. But they werent big problems - and there are so many great restaurants in the City there is no need to stay confined to your hotel.

We went to a restaurant called - el Bajio - which is a minutes walk away - on the same street as the hotel - and had an excellent lunch of great mexican food. Certainly worth a visit - and make sure you make a reservation as its always packed (NB - its only open for breaksfast and lunch).

The W - definatly works in a city setting and for a two day base - it was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank FMP
Reviewed 9 April 2007

We stayed here for a few days in December 2006 and would come back. We liked how the hotel is in a safe area and close to great restaurants, the hammock in the bathroom, the friendly and helpful service, and the fun restaurant/bar in the lobby and mezzanine floor. The complimentary refreshments, xmas cookies and hot beverages, in the lobby were also a nice touch. We weren't crazy about the red and white walls in our room.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HopingThisHelps
Reviewed 23 January 2007

My wife give me a great birthday present: a weekend stay at the trendy W Mexico City. We took advantage of the special weekend low rates (199 dlls per night) and the hotel really was worth the trip to Mexico City (we live at Morelia, Michoacan, a three hours trip by car). The W is brand new, located at the stylish Polanco neighborhood, just across Chapultepec Park. The staff is friendly (all dressed in black at the front desk and the bellboys), the architecture and interior design is minimalist, the rooms are quite different from the usual hotel rooms: they are loft style, with the bathroom integrated to the rest of the room (the washbasin is actually in front of the bed), and very well equipped. The service is superb: newspaper at your door in the morning, two changes of towels daily, bathrobes, slippers, wine glasses and even a hammock to relax in the bathroom. And with the whatever whenever concierge service you can get almost anything you want in Mexico City.
There are a lot of atractions near the hotel: museums, the sofisticated shops at Mazaryk Avenue, new and trendy malls (Antara), fancy restaurants and a wide array of night clubs. We deffinitely recommend the W.

Stayed: January 2007
6  Thank YV24122015
Reviewed 24 December 2006

My partner and I stayed at the W in December of 2006, visiting Mexico City for pleasure. The staff was very friendly and professional, and the room very beautiful and comfortable. The restaurant was one of the better I've been to in a W hotel, and the Sunday brunch was particularly innovative, offering a vast array of basic ingredients from which one could create many different dishes like salads, sandwiches and side dishes to go along with a main dish chosen from a menu. The design of the hotel throughout is well done. The property is now 3 years old and it is already starting to show some wear in the public areas. Overall though, it's still a beautiful hotel and very nicely appointed.

Our biggest let down was with the concierge. We are vegetarians, so the concierge in a new city is important for us. We were were given one option (Thai Gardens) that we found to be awful (through no fault of the concierge though). Then we asked for, and checked back two more times, for a menu from a local restaurant that they said they could get for us. It never materialized and we only got excuses. We found the lack of knowledge and lack of interest in following-up on issues to be contrary to the way most W concierges work.

One other thing that chapped my hide was that they charge for bottled water, when they advise that you don't drink from the taps. I've been in several much more economical hotels in this country that include plenty of drinking water for free. We were charged over MXN $100 for drinking water during our stay, and I think it would be a better move to raise the room rates by a few bucks to throw in some "complimentary" drinking water.

All that being said, we'll be back. It's a fun place, they make great cocktails at the bar, and the staff, even if not frighteningly efficient and knowledgeable like that of most W hotels, was professional and very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank iamcrispydammit
Reviewed 20 November 2006

Recently stayed at the W Mexico City on a business trip and conducted a small event there on the same stay. Although the LOUD nightclub in the lobby was very disarming coming in late after a long travel day and business dinner, the service was excellent. Greeted with much needed bottled water and easy check in I made my way to my room and found a much needed oasis - I will give Starwood credit, you know when you are in a W without any doubt. The room had been set for a guest arrival including pulsating light to soothing mood music. No noise made its way upstairs from the nightclub and the bed was extremely comfortable - I slept like a baby. I had the spa shower with hammock - did not dare to use the hammock as was so tired I feared I'd fall off and crack my head on the marble seat, however it was an interesting concept - which was lovely. Staff was attentive on every count. The food and location was great. I am extremely picky and can not find a single complaint!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business