Camino Real Pedregal
US$129
US$109
Westin.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

W Mexico City(Mexico City)
US$260
Hilton.com
US$219
US$139
  • Restaurant
Ibis Styles Mexico Zona Rosa(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
  • Breakfast included
US$330
US$290
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront desk staffeasy accessmexicosfreewayuber
Reviewed 20 April 2015

After reading the reviews, I was concerned that I would be staying at the Camino Real Pedregal. My experience was quite different, however. I found it to be a fine business hotel with reasonable service. The room was modest, but met most of my needs. My major complaint was that the lighting was bad and that it was difficult to read in bed and that the bed was very soft (not my preference). The staff were friendly and helpful.

I suspect that some of the concerns expressed in other reviews relate to the location. Unless you need to be in this part of Mexico City (to the South -- well away from the tourist attractions of the City), there's no particular reason to stay at this hotel. If you need to be in the South and have your own transportation, it's certainly an adequate, if modest, chain hotel. The price is right for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2015

I stayed at this hotel only because it's the closest one to the hospital which is why we were in Mexico City. Stayed a total of 12 nights.
- Expensive rate + everything is extra (water, coffee, wifi, and at a very high price).
- Paid for wifi in room which did not work (called 3 days each time to front desk no one was helpful and of course it was charged to our account).
- Bed sheets were dirty!!!! On about our 3rd night, maid change sheets and "cleaned" the room, she put dirty sheets, carpet had stains, glasses were never changed and we had different number of towels each day (one day we had hand towels, the next day we didn't).
- I stayed because we did surgery on our 4 month old baby, I stayed at the hospital the whole night (of course I did not sleep) came back at the hotel at 7am to sleep while my husband stayed at the hospital. I put the "do not disturb sign" and of course a maid knocked on my door to clean up the room. I told a front desk agent and they just said OK we will inform out staff... SERIOUSLY???
- Breakfast is really expensive, I asked for a juice with my breakfast and the server gave it to me just at the time when he picked up by last breakfast plate. So basically nothing to drink while eating.
- At about 5 or 6 pm each day a guy will knock on our door 3 times and then open the door (not even giving me time for me to get up from the chair and open the door) asking if the room had been cleaned.
If someone is asleep or in the bathroom there is no way they would have time to open the door.
The quality of this resort is VERY POOR.
Even if I have to come back to this hospital there is NO way I would stay at this hotel, I would rather pay for several taxis in one day than go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank k8oc8h8
Alvaro V, Director General at Camino Real Pedregal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Dear Guest
I have received the complaint for what happened and we want to thank you for bringing to our attention the concern you had during your stay in our property.
As always guest feedback like yours is very important to us.
I honestly apologize for your discomfort.
Our priority at Camino Real Pedregal is to maintain a high level of Guest satisfaction, to offer excellent facilities and the best service to customers like you.
You can be sure, that the Hotel will give a serious assessment in all the situations you mentioned us.
We have already spoken to the staff involved in

Álvaro Vázquez
General Manager Camino Real Pedregal

Reviewed 2 April 2015

The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. The service was excellent. Traffic outside the hotel can get very heavy and what should be a 5 minute ride can turn into 20. There are several shopping and dining destinations in the area, but none are within walking distance. Six Flags Mexico is nearby. The food served in the restaurant was good. Taxis in the area overcharge as does the hotel's private car if you choose to use it. Compared to the Camino Real in the airport, this one is many times better. As mentioned by other reviewers, everything at this hotel comes with a charge. Want to brew coffee in the morning? The coffee packets have price stickers on them. Wifi? It will cost you 144 pesos a day. The hotel staff is not at fault and do a very good job in spite of Camino Real's policies. The water at the hotel is purified and drinkable. I cannot give a hotel that charges for wifi and just about everything else that other hotels give away more than a 3 out of 5 rating. The next time I am in the area I will probably stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments, feedback is very important for improving our service and facilities.
I will personally review each detail and take actions.
Thank you again and hope to host you in the near future.

Alvaro Vázquez

Reviewed 17 March 2015

This hotel is next door to a hospital and across a busy highway from the Federal Police headquarters. If you happen to experience a medical or law enforcement emergency while a guest at Camino Real Pedregal, you are perfectly located. In the absence of an emergency, however, it's the most remote, out-of-the-way, and inaccessible hotel in which I've ever stayed. A business client selected the hotel for me and others from Columbia, Venezuela, and Panama who had come to Mexico City for a workshop. For someone whose Spanish is weak guide book, the isolation was even greater because very few of the staff (front desk and dining room) spoke English. I ventured once into the City for sightseeing (see my review of the Mexico Turibus!) but the 45 minute taxi ride (plus the cost) deterred a second venture. Luckily, I had work to occupy my time because the hotel offered nothing (the exercise room was dark and forbidding!). My room was well-appointed for sleeping and working (although the view across the road of a huge construction site was off-putting). I tried walking but several blocks in either direction revealed neither restaurants nor shops. Unlike some others, I thought the hotel restaurant offered a reasonable variety of choices, prepared well, served attractively, and all quite tasty. The wine selection looked great but several of my choices were not available. I wasn't taken aback by the prices (but then, I was on an expense account). Alas, I was "sentenced" by my client to an uncomfortable five night stay at the Camino Real Pedregal!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank traveldean
Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the low price of the room. Everything is extra, water, wifi, parking. At ridiculous overprice. Stay someplace else.
12 usd for wifi, a bottle of water is 56 pesos, a sandwich is 253 pesos, corn flakes 112 pesos. Really??

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business