“Camino Real Pedregal could be much better!”

Camino Real Pedregal
Ranked #203 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 18 May 2016

This used to be a nice hotel, in a good área; close to Hospital Angeles del Pedregal and close to shopping malls (not at walking distance but close enough to take a taxi and arrive faster). I had a big trouble with hot wáter; they modify their bathrooms and when you take a bath the key for the shower (water) closes; I had to tie the curtain to the shower key to avoid this, you could get burn , you could take a bath with cold water or you could find running out of water because the key closes. The halls are dirty, they do not clean them very well. Rooms do not smell very good either.
They have some meeting romos at the parking lot level, and I do not reccommend
them; you can feel the pollution in the rooms. They have a good meeting room next to the Gym and they have two very good restaurants; one is Italian and the other one is Mexican. If you arrive with a car, you will hardly include the daily rate in your room account; they should do it easier. They are very well located and I am sure they can do their best to be the nice hotel they used to be. On weekends it is really crowded; Mexican soccer teams stay there when they have a soccer game a the "Azteca Stadium" and all players are at the hotel.... fans are outside waiting for them!
BED was not good, it was an old bed, I did not sleep very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to Periferico Sur.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 May 2016

It is completely overpriced! My husband, the family that stayed there and I, are all from Mexico City. We decided to stay there because it was the 'only well known hotel' near the garden where we got married, I don't recommend this hotel The rooms are OK, but the customer service is poor. We had to request twice to open the minibar, we had to request twice to clean de room. Since our room was under my name, the waiters wouldn't accept my husband's signature in the restaurant... even when all charges were made in his Credit Card, which the Front Desk had!
We requested a space to have a 30 minute family meeting, with a simple set up: 20 chairs and 1 small table. We were happy because they had set everything up the night before our meeting, and it had no cost! However, they disassembled everything hours before our meeting started, so when the family arrived, the meeting room was completely empty and dark. We had to wait until everything was set up again.
The check-out process was also complicated, we left two days before the rest of our family, my husband wanted to pay for two other rooms also occupied by our family, it took a long time for them to find the rooms, to understand our request and to do it. My in--laws called us when they were making the check out to clarify some details that the Front Desk wasn't clear about.
The restaurant is also expensive, the food portions are very small.
The internet access has a daily cost which allows only 2 devices connected at a time.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taniux_13
Reviewed 8 May 2016

First of all let me say that everyone I dealt with was extremely friendly and service-oriented. But I had a problem as soon as I checked in as I couldn't get the Internet to work. After about three hours of trying and talking to their helpline twice, I guess they finally realized that they needed to reset their server. It worked fine the rest of that day and the next morning. But the second evening it didn't work at all. I didn't bother calling as I didn't have much time that night. The third and fourth nights it worked fine. And the shower was tricky - you have to turn the handle the opposite way that you think it should go and then wait a bit for the hot water. Unfortunately I didn't figure this out until the second morning, so I took a cold shower the first morning. I ordered room service one night and the chicken tortilla soup and the fajitas were very good. I used the exercise room one night and liked it - there are dumbells, bikes, and treadmills. My guest room was nice, it had good amenities, and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank larryd6578
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

I was at this hotel for about 10 years for business and it was indeed a perfect option! Breakfasts were really good and also all the meals I had either in María Bonita or in Ciao or room service, I wasn't disappointed at any time with the food and service was above average not only in restaurants but in all the place.

Never had troubles with the Internet that was key for me here.

Maybe they should improve the fitness center facilities and equipment, however I was able to work out on a daily basis.

Personnel at the business center was really kind and helpful. I needed a lot of services from them and always had a solution (and a smile! )

Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Hotel is in isolated location other than close to the hospital, you need a car to move around and it's difficult to get into it. Since you need a car it is bad they charge about 20% additional to room for parking.
Staff is attentive, just plain.
Rooms are goos space without any additional. They are clean.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple