“Fabulous but cold in winter ”
Review of Pujol

Pujol
Reserve with OpenTable
Pujol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 5,443 Restaurants in Mexico City
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Cross street: Horacio
Transit: Metro Polanco
Description: Once again featured on the San Pellegrino list of the "World's 50 Finest Restaurants"—and moving up thirteen spots to number 36—Pujol is Chef Enrique Olvera's extraordinary personal approach to Mexican cuisine, famed for reinvention and ongoing perfectionism, where tradition and contemporary gastronomy live side by side as expressed in culinary techniques both ancient and modern. Using both imagination and delicacy, Olvera recombines Mexico's nearly infinite ingredients and flavors, demonstrating an extraordinary food culture's potential in obsessive detail.
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This was an amazing experience. Impeccable service and the food was outstanding from start to finish. On the whole, portions are generous for a tasting menu.

It was cold and like other reviewers from Dec 2017, we kept our coats on. It’s unfair to rate this experience anything other than 5 stars just because it’s cold. Sure they should do something more to warm up the place but central heating is not common in Mexico so take a warm jacket with you. Museums are also cold this time of year.

Don’t miss Pujol if you can afford it. It’s well worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,905)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

The service as impeccable and the food was great! We did the omakase taco tasting. For around $100 USD we had 9 courses including pairings. The pairings included wine, tea, beer, and meZcal. I didn't care for the meZcal but everything else was great. It's a great experience. My only warning is that it takes over 3 hours to complete the meal. It can't be done in a rush.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately we kept this restaurant as our last meal in Mexico. We were at the bar to try the taco omakase tasting menu.
1. Temperature: bring your SKI JACKET. We were extremely uncomfortable how COLD the place is; most of the clients in the restaurant were having dinner with their coats and hats. We left when the desserts were being served as we could not deal with such a unpleasant situation. Funny enough, when we are outside waiting for our car we met a couple from California that also skipped deserts because they were also freezing as us.
2. Food and flavor: not convinced with the flavors at all. Most of the dishes were very plain besides the tostada that was the only flavorful dish I tried although you can have better ones in any place in town. Not impressed with to much show and lack of flavors. So much tortilla and little substance.
3. Drinks: dinner was paired with drinks although we told our server that we are not into beers - almost at the end he served beer and we told him we would rather keep the wine instead... I’m still waiting for the wine... the server never had the ability or professionalism to bring wine instead of beer.
The decor of the place is beautiful but we left with such a bad feeling. Such a shame for a city that has so much to offer of great foods and flavors. Would never recommend this place unless if you just wanna follow a flavorless and expensive trend. The city has many other great places to offer.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

This is an example of pure hype and no substance. We sat at the bar for the omakase taco tasting. The temperature inside the restaurant was so cold that many people were wearing their coats and some even hats. I had to request my coat in the middle of the meal as I was shivering and was so uncomfortable, especially after they started serving sorbet and other ice cream desserts. I expressed how uncomfortable I was, but the waiter just ignored my comments, which I thought was adding insult to injury.
The food consisted of 10 dishes, of which only one was enjoyable (a seafood tostada that you can get at any other mexican restaurant in town for a fraction of the price). What bothered me most is the insensitive attitude of the serving staff, who kept serving as if there was nothing wrong despite it being colder inside the restaurant than outside (outside temperature was close to freezing point). Most of the rest of the tacos were bland and nothing special. I kept a neutral attitude expecting things to get better, which they did not. On the contrary, they got worse. I started shivering from the cold and requested two blankets, which were brought to me along with the sorbet. Writing this now, it seems almost comical. Except it is not, especially paying USD 160 per person for such the worse meal we had in our three days in Mexico City.
I will not only never go back but also not recommend this place. This is a sad example of a place that has a reputation and take it for granted. I felt taken advantage of. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. All the other high end restaurants we experienced (Mero Toro, Contramar, etc) were superb. I have eaten at many michelin star restaurants around the world, and Pujol disappointed in all respects. The only positive aspect was skipping the second dessert and leaving the place. While waiting for our uber, we met another couple from San Francisco, who also skipped dessert and thought it was terrible experience.

1  Thank JAFF-MiamiBeach
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Birthday celebration. The service impeccable! Food amazing and perfect portions for a tasting menu. After dinner drinks in the gorgeous patio with an incredible playlist and garden pure heaven.