Free cancellation until 28/07
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$197
US$232
US$209
US$238
All reviewshome away from homestayed herepousadathelmacentrocity
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night during Dia the los muertos. The lady who owns the posada was very friendly and speaks very good English. The room is clean and has everything you need. Very good price/quality. Feels like home away from home. The location is central, you walk in a few minutes to the city center.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I've been staying with Bibiana and Thelma at least once a year since 2008, and there is simply no better place to stay in Oaxaca. It's a sweet B&B, without any of the breeches in privacy that tend to keep me clear of B&Bs -- you have your own room, with a private entrance, and your own bathroom. It's centrally located, so you can walk anywhere you'd want to go in Oaxaca City, and yet it's very quiet. Breakfast is always delicious. It's a wonderful sanctuary -- a real home-away-from-home!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at the Posada Santa Maria for two weeks several years ago and loved it for its delicious breakfasts, clean and spacious rooms, warm and charming proprietor, Bibiana, and its incredibly low price. I was able to get contact info for Bibiana from a TripAdvisor traveler and I want to post it here because I had a hard time finding it. The email is posadastamaria@hotmail.com, and the web site is posadasantamaria.com.mx. The other reviews here describe my past experience at this posada and I'm looking forward to my stay there in February of next year.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I just made my reservations for a trip to Oaxaca to study Spanish and stay at the Posada Santa Maria when I realized I had neglected to write a review from my last visit. So sorry, as I love it there. The location is perfect and very close to the Oacacan Cultural Institute for Spanish (1 block) and it is across from a lovely pack. The rooms are very nice, spacious, clean and well cared for with a locking closet and cahir and desk. Large private bath with shower only. There is Mexican TV but heck, I am suppoded to be studying Spanish.
Bibiana and Thelma are 2 wonderful kind people. Thelma is the housekeeper and Bibiana owns the Posada. Breakfasts are tasty, nutricious and vary each day.

Room Tip: Some rooms have one double bed wheile others have 2. As a single traveller i had one bed. if my husband ever decides to join me, I'd get a room with 2 beds.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Liquipure
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I've just returned from my sixth stay at the Posada Santa Maria in Oaxaca, Oaxaca. I will continue to return thanks to the welcoming and family-oriented atmosphere. The posada has five private rooms. All rooms include private baths, television and comfortable beds. They are decorated with crafts and bedspreads made in Oaxaca. Breakfast is provided, and it's a good way to meet the other guests and share experiences. The owner, Bibiana, speaks English and her concern for the comfort of her guests is evident. I travel alone ( age 61), and I highly recommend staying at the posada if you want adventure, and at the same time, want a home environment. I have always felt safe in Oaxaca. You can make reservations by e-mailing posadasantamaria@hotmail.com.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo