Hotel Azul de Oaxaca
US$142
US$138
US$63
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

US$100
  • Restaurant
US$75
Hotel Trebol(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$32
US$111
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$10
  • Breakfast included
Casa Angel Youth Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$21
Hostelworld.com
US$193
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeautiful hoteldesigned beautifullywedding planninggreen juicefrijolesgreat boutiquerooftop barmain sightsrooms are comfortablefew blocksair conditionerluxury hotelwalking distancecentral courtyardquesadillamayramexico
Reviewed 1 June 2015

Really great service from staff - very helpful! Beautiful hotel patios, common areas, and outdoor dining areas, and very clean modern rooms. Very thin floors, so sound could be a problem, but didn't bother us. Great location so you can walk to all the central destinations. Definitely would stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MIdori M
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Dear guest,
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your kind comment.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Warm regards,
General manager

Reviewed 29 April 2015

A reviewer notes, "One of the best hotels in Mexico…." Well that's kind, but a bit of a stretch. It's a nice hotel but hardly one of the best. Decor is minimal and tasteful. Hotel is situated within walking distance to most. Not so close but not so far either. Near many restaurants you might want to experience. Staff was kind but perhaps a bit distant. Don't remember ever returning during the day or evening with a, "Hello welcome back" or any type of greeting. Breakfast is a selection off a menu. Liked the options and didn't feel limited. Rooms were a good size and simply decorated. Two issues with the rooms was the bathroom and poor lighting. Bathroom was small and had little to no space to place any products. Shower was a bit dormitory. Not enclosed. A simple white plastic curtain that separated it from the rest of the bathroom. Wasn't bad as water somehow remained within. The room had one window that opened up to the courtyard. Allowing little to no light. If kept open during the day housekeeping and other guests could easily look in. Leaving little privacy opened and with it closed was a bit "cave" like. Another thing that I tend to not care for is returning after dinner about 11PM and finding the front doors locked. Having to tap on a window to have a security guard allow you in. And of course, not greeting you or wishing you a "good night." Almost as if you disturbed them. Felt like I was returning to my parents home after curfew and needed to be let in. There are other hotels in Mexico that I can't wait to return to- staff and over all feeling left me yearning to experience again. Not sure if Hotel Azul is one of them. Overall it wasn't a negative or positive stay. Because of that neutrality, when I return to the beautiful city of Oaxaca I'd most likely try another.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank A M

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and for having chosen the Hotel Azul for your resent stay in Oaxaca.
I am sorry to hear that we weren´t able to WOW you which is defenitely what we are always aiming for.
It is important to mention that we close our doors at 11pm due to security reasons as we are compromised with the safety of all our guests.

We would love to see you again soon in Oaxaca and the Hotel Azul!

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2015

I just spent a week and my wife two weeks at Hotel Azul. Terrific location on a quiet enough street, a few blocks from the Alcala and few more to the Zocolo. Modern room with very comfortable bed, TV, air conditioner, and nice bathroom. Only problem was air conditioner would start making noise in middle of night when on for a few hours. Breakfast is included in price with nice choices. Friendly and helpful staff. Wifi was slow at night. Last time I was in Oaxaca, I stayed at much more modest place ($150 a night versus $35 in U.S. Dollars), and both have their advantages depending on the type of experience you want. I was very happy with Hotel Azul and would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry P
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Larry,
Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards from the entire team!

Reviewed 13 April 2015

I planned my daughter's wedding reception at Hotel Azul in March 2015. All of our guests stayed in the 21 rooms and we had the best time! The hotel is simply special--modern, yet authentic Oaxacan design. Spacious rooms, lovely courtyards and roof deck, delicious food--and best of all, fantastic staff! The service and courteousness of everyone, from the front desk, to the food servers to management was top notch! I cannot say enough about the way the general manager, Friederike, helped us plan the 3 day event and followed up with every vendor to create a flawless reception. I will sing the praises of the place till the day I die! Hotel Azul is very, very special.

Room Tip: Four suites are each designed by a different decorator. All are unique, quiet and comfortable!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tanya R
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2015

Dear Tanya,

Thank you very much for trusting us with your daughters wedding.

It was an honor having been part of this special day.

Warm regards from the entire team at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca!
We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2015

My wife and I got married at Hotel Azul in March of 2015. We are from Chicago. At first we were worried because the wedding planning was completely out of our hands but turns out we had nothing to worry about!

Hotel Azul went above and beyond for us. Everything was perfect from the rooms to the service. The food was excellent (I recommend the Mollettes with Chorizo for breakfast).

When it came to the wedding it couldn't have gone better. The decorations were breathtaking. The whole experience made us feel like royalty! Many guests said that the food at the wedding (also done by Azul) was the best food they had all trip, which means a lot if you know how incredible the dining scene is in Oaxaca.

All in all our stay couldn't have gone better. The staff at the hotel made sure we were comfortable and did everything we asked. When we requested something not on the menu they would make it. They also set up private English speaking tours and told our guest about the best restaurants and shops.

If I could, I would give Hotel Azul 6 stars! It was one of the most incredible experiences of our lives!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Dear Andrew,
Once again I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire team for trusting us with your wedding. It was an honor beeing part of your special day and we hope to welcome you back soon or at least for your aniversary.

Warm regards,