“Best Coffee Office in Oaxaca”
Review of Jaguar Yuu Cafe

Jaguar Yuu Cafe
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Oaxaca
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In Jaguar Yuu Café (House of the Jaguar - Yuu, means House in Zapotec -) give excellent service. We have the best coffee in Oaxaca, 100% organic and Oaxacan. Comfortable and pleasant spaces, ideal for your visit to the city. In Jaguar Yuu can eat salads, crepes, baguettes, waffles, teas, desserts and a great variety of beverages made with coffee. Each month there is a cultural exhibition on the walls. Drink delicious beers and cocktails. Pet Friendly - Gay Friendly - Pay it Forward - Deaf Friendly. Jaguar Yuú. - Ask for the "Jaguar Lair", space to lodging for visitors. -
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The speed of the internet isn't the only thing about this place to remark on, but also their tasty serrano ham sandwich, they're massive and enough for two!

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Good coffee, good food, cool place to hang out. Central, which is reflected in the prices, but I found it worth it for the food quality and cleanliness. Great baguette. Only downside: staff seem dead to the world. No hello, no nod, just a vague mumble and an overall impression of passive aggressiveness, like they'd rather we hadn't come. I thought maybe it was just a bad day, but there was laughter and singing along with the music. Still, would return for the food and coffee.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We wanted a light breakfast before taking off for a day of touring...and found the Jaguar Yuu Cafe to be the only place open so early on a Sunday morning. My husband is a highly talented and sought out amateur barista who pronounced the coffee the best he had had in Mexico and pretty much as good as his own. The hot chocolate was rich and hot and delicious. We were there before the morning pastries had arrived, but the barista found us an excellent bear claw—fresh and flakey!
Service was friendly and accommodating. The price was a bargain.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Jaguar Yuu is definitely the place to go for anyone who wants to try Oaxacan cuisine in its purest form. Whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; the menu abounds with options! Their locally sourced Oaxacan coffee is incredible as well. It is also conveniently located only a stone's throw from the Zocalo/Centro.
My friend and I ate here three times during our four day stay in Oaxaca, a great testament to its quality!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing! Service was on point, food was beyond delicious, super clean, and very accommodating. Central location to everything to the city center. On my short trip to Oaxaca, this place is responsible for adding a few inches to my waistline :-) there were several instances where I order more than a few plates of food. Food is very tasty and filling. If I had to make some recommendations: molletes con chorizo, enfrijoladas, any cemita or torta, and any crepe. If you like spicy in your food, ask for a side of their house recipe pepper salsa. I ate bowls of the it. And don’t forget the cold coffees and teas. I already miss this place and I know I will be sure to come back again for it. I wonder if they’ll mail me some food?