US$106
US$82
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$73
US$66
US$181
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$35
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Arisa(Oaxaca)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjunior suiterooftop terracegreat locationrooms are clean and comfortablehistoric buildinghotel is beautifulinner courtyardpedestrian streetsanto domingo churchevery morningwifinoiseblockcitymacedoniopillowscalle
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I traveled to beautiful Oaxaca in June 2016 and stayed at the lovely Casa Antigua. I was very pleased with my choice. The hotel was the perfect blend of traditional and modern. The value for what I paid for the room was exceptional. This is a completely smoke free property, which is a plus for me.

I stayed in the Etla Suite, which was on the ground floor towards the back of the hotel. The room had two beds and a very spacious, modern and functional bathroom. The bathroom had lots of counter space, was extremely clean and had a very large shower with good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Keep in mind that the "C" on the water taps stands for "caliente" (hot) not cold. I appreciated the lighted make up mirror and various electrical outlets. There were toiletries provided, even a razor.

The bedroom portion of the room was spacious and the air conditioner was quiet and cooled the room very well. The windows with wooden shutters face the interior courtyard. I found that there was plenty of light in the room in the way of lamps, even nice lights over the bed with dimmer switches. I would rather have a quiet room than have exterior windows and get the noise from cobblestone streets, cars, etc. There was a flat screen TV with many cable channels, some stations in English language. While I don't go on vacation to watch television, it is nice to have the option to put on the news for a few minutes. The wifi worked great in my room and throughout the hotel. There was plenty of closet space and room to move around. I never heard noise from adjoining or rooms above me. Keep in mind that the rooms on the ground floor surround the courtyard restaurant so there is some early morning clinking of dinnerware etc. I am an early riser, so not a problem. There is bottled water, and a coffeemaker in the room.

The staff was very nice and helpful. I speak Spanish fluently but several of the reception staff speak good English. The housekeeping staff kept everything very clean. Continental breakfast was included in the price I paid. I had a full breakfast in the restaurant one day and it was very tasty. The location of the hotel was perfect! It was a few blocks in one direction to the Zocalo area and a few blocks in the other direction to the Santo Domingo area. I found the street to be quiet and safe with everything I needed withing a very short easy walk. The pedestrian street Andador de Macedonia Alcala is one block away. The hotel has a spacious rooftop terrace.

The Hotel Casa Antigua EXCEEDED all my expectations and I will absolutely be staying there on my next trip to Oaxaca.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Excellent service, clean room, comfortable, and the staff very friendly. Only 5 min walking distance from the points of interest. Very quiet, and the restayrant was excellent too. I would recomend this hotel very much.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank pat i
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Lovely hotel, looks very traditional but with a modern feel. I was only here three nights but I found the staff to be extremely helpful and willing to please. Even when there was a language barrier, the staff behind the reception would switch on the translate feature in Google to try and type their point across. A very sincere touch, which isn't what I found from the reception staff at my hotel in Mexico City. The reception at the Casa Antigua even organised me a couple of tours, which I thought were excellent and thoroughly enjoyed the tours of Mitla, Tula and Hierve Agua. The location is great and only a 5 minute walk to the Zocalo, whilst being on the door step of Calle Macedonio, the road where all the arty things happen. The one downside to the Casa Antigua is the lack of Wifi in the building. Although there is wifi, it did not work at all in my hotel room, which I found very frustrating.

This is a beautiful hotel but was extremely quiet when I was there. On my final day, I saw them advertising reduced rate rooms in what looked like a promotion campaign to pick up customers. I hope it does pick up, because everyone from the reception staff, to the breakfast waitresses and cleaners were really friendly and this place deserves to be busy.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank Demetrios_Boogie
Reviewed 2 April 2016

The decor in the rooms was beautiful. Marble bathrooms, wooden floors, high ceilings and modern appointments make this a comfortable place to stay. The roof has a breathtaking view of the city. There are also coffee makers in the room and I love having a cup of coffee when I wake up in the morning. The hotel has a lovely, hacienda design. I love it!

Room Tip: I loved the Junior Suite. It had lots of room.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank barrabeth
Reviewed 16 March 2016

I stayed at Hotel Casa Antiugua twice during a recent visit to Oaxaca, and would happily stay there again. The service was excellent, with at least one or two members of staff speaking good English and being exceptionally helpful with such things as organising taxis, and helping with enquiries about Oaxaca. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the wifi is pretty good too. The location is excellent, convenient to everywhere you'd want to go in Oaxaca. The rooftop terrace is a superb place to relax and enjoy a drink or work on your computer, and has expansive views across the city and to the hills.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter, as there is quite a bit of street noise at night.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo