All reviews presidential suite swimming pool delightful hotel quiet space rooms are small breakfast was included oaxaca city fluent in english amazing location walking distance to everything points of interest hierve el agua monte alban few blocks public areas three nights convent
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We had booked at a B&B but for various reasons that didn't work out well and we left after one night. As I walked the neighborhood nearby I found CasAntica. We were able to look at a number of rooms and choose the one we liked best. The price they offered was very competitive--about the same as the B&B we had abandoned.

My review title summarizes our thoughts about the hotel, though I left out one thing--the location is excellent with the zocalo, Santo Domingo, museums, ATMs, a small grocery store and wonderful Restaurant Catedral all within a few blocks. The wifi works well and they have a small indoor pool. We felt very lucky to have wandered in--if the rooms were larger, I would have given it 5 stars.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I travel with my parents and like to book in advance to avoid any surprises. I arrived on December 26th and the had lost my reservation. Everything else was booked. The say the fault was booking.com, so I will never used their service or stay at this hotel. At the end, my parents stayed at the hotel and they found me a room in a horrible hotel, many blocks from my parents. It was really stressful for what supposed to be a leisure trip.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Worst hotel, ever! Avoid at all cost!
smelly small rooms with molds
The bathroom is tiny.
The safe didn't have a lock on it and the room definitely did not have a balcony as advertised.
The maintenance of the room not good (AC had problems and took 2 nights to get it fixed). The safe did not work. It does not have enough power outlets, etc...
The price I paid was too high for the quality of the rooms. I do not recommend this hotel.
Staff are polite but unprofessenal and not team knows nothing about Hospitality business

Room tip: All rooms are noisy dont book here
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ramin A
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel CasAntica offers an excellent service, nice food and a very convenient location- in the downtown of Oaxaca city. I highly recommend the hotel for any family trip to Oaxaca, and will easily stay again if I come back.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for three nights and it was not the best for the following reasons: Our room was pretty close to the pool and courtyard so it was always pretty loud. The hotel allowed guest to drink and carry on in the courtyard and pool areas until late in the evening so trying to sleep prior to 1:00am was difficult. The front door closes after a certain time and you have to knock to get back to your room. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating and the hotel is charming and it's walking distance to everything that's why I give it three stars.

Date of stay: July 2017