US$131
Andaina Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$25
Azul Cielo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$42
US$22
  • Breakfast included
Casa Angel Youth Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
US$23
Hostelworld.com
US$299
US$202
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$221
Casa de Don Pablo Hostel(Oaxaca)(Great Value!)
Hotel Trebol(Oaxaca)
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop poolpedestrian streetsanto domingobeautiful atriumroom rates arefirst floorgreat locationac workshot cakessweet breadincluded breakfasthigh ceilingshuge bathroomthe ground floorno windowcomfortable bedno lift
Reviewed 9 December 2015

This hotel is pretty nice with a couple problems. I really wanted to give more like a 3.5 but gave a 4 as the staff was very nice. The location is excellent, near lots of restaurants, a small park, and you can walk to whatever you most likely want to do in Oaxaca. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable, bathroom good. The only problems I mentioned were that my room had only two lights -- one very small side light on the wall near the bed, and an overhead ceiling light that kept going out. That was the big problem, it was only stay on about 15 minutes, then go out and you couldn't turn it on again for a while. I have no idea what that was about, but complained twice to the desk and they claimed they would fix it but did nothing. If you don't mind being in the dark most of the time, fine, but I wanted it for reading, etc. The second issue is there is some noise, my room was down a side corridor so not directly over the center where they have meals (which would probably be very noisy as the hotel is all stone, etc so sound echos) but there was some loud machine down on some lower floor that made a lot of noise for periods of time. Not sure what it was, luckily not in the middle of the night. There is also a very noisy club right next door, I guess, as I could heard the music in my room and had to use ear plugs to sleep one night. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room on the upper floor, if they have any on the lower, they would be very noisy, I bet.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank ChristinaW
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear Christina,

I appreciate your comments that help us to improve our service and operation. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, despite the noise and the problem with the light in your room. We were able to resolve the situation with the light until they leave, unfortunately. Also Insulation project was completed in the kitchen area preventing the noise indoor.

We're working to make Parador de Alcalá a benchmark to be followed in the city.

If you return to Oaxaca feel free to contact me for any help.
Best regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I'm in the middle of one month stay in Oaxaca and my second visit to the city. I've stayed at 4 hotels in the city, and this is by far my favorite and stands head and shoulders above the competition. Here's why:

1. The staff is phenomenal. There are so many names to mention that I dare not try to list each by name for fear of forgetting some one who is as deserving as another. When you stay a long time at a place, you get to know the staff, and under the guidance of Monserrat during the day Louis at night, they deserve recognition for keeping this place running smoothly, sparkling clean, and treating everyone with professionalism.

2. Breakfast is included and ample. There are many choices, and Rosario and Carmine who worked with me every morning were fantastic and attentive. Benita was equally wonderful in the evenings.

3. The wifi is reliable and fast. When the business section was taken by another group, they allowed my and my team to work every day in the dining area and made us feel at home.

4. It's sparkling clean, and when you ask that they not change the tours (I prefer to conserve resources), they accommodate your request.

5. The location is one of the best in the city.

I cannot imagine visiting and staying any place else! Thank you Hotel Parador!

Room Tip: The top floor (especially the first room) of the hotel backs up to a bar and can be very noisy at night until 2-3:00 a.m.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Dawn G

Dear Dawn,

We very much appreciate your feedback.

Really glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Monserrat & your team is indeed a true asset to us, thank you for recognizing him!

We hope you can visit us again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 17 November 2015

This boutique hotel is relatively new, clean and its location couldn't be better. We had a second-floor room facing the street and it was quiet. Negatives: The rooms aren't equal -- some are right off the entrance or appear to have internal windows only. The pillows were big logs -- terrible. Despite the beautiful building, the renovation somehow lacks character. Positives: Our young kids enjoyed the roof pool, the staff were friendly and the room was spacious. Outward-facing rooms on the second floor have a small balcony that's very pleasant. All rooms have modern security and amenities like robes and slippers. The breakfasts were great and included in the room charge. We will stay here again.

Stayed: November 2015

Hi there,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed our original design and facilities. I note pillows this is a focus area for us we are working to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.
best regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2015

This is a truly great place to stay in Oaxaca. The location can't be beat: right on the pedestrian zone, and only a couple of blocks from the zocalo. My room was, in a word, BEAUTIFUL; the bed was very comfortable; the wifi was high speed and worked very well, and my room was tended to quickly and very nicely each morning. The breakfast was good (not "Oaxaca foodie wonderful", but fully competent). I might have given a 5-star rating to this hotel, but the front desk staff, while attentive when I asked for help, didn't go terribly out of their way to tend to me without me asking. This is my second stay in Oaxaca, and it is by far, much better than the previous stay. Would I say there again: without hesitation!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank QDC

Dear guest, thank you for sharing your kind comments to help us improve the service and operation. Glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that everything was fine. We are already taking steps to improve care at the reception in order to return to welcome you in the near future.

Feel free to contact me for any help.
Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2015

This is a small hotel situated litterally on the tourist street at the center of oaxaca. It is walking distance of the Santo Domingo temple, and all the amazing best restaurants in oaxaca and some of worlds top 50 restuarants.
the rooms at least the standar room It is clean , modern a little bit on the small side yet in oaxaca you barely stay on your room . We also had trouble with the air conditioner but management was kind enough to provide with an alternative form of refreashment. The amenities are good quality. Breakfast is included, (fruit, coffee, juice , eggs of choice, chilaquiles, entomatadas , waffles or hot cakes) it is not a bufett yet it is a la carte and really delicious. way better. When we arrived Edna at reception was super kind and help to orient us on possible activities and tours aslo to make dinning reservations for us. she provided us with a map of oaxaca. We stayed near day of the death celebrations so we actually had time to watch how they built the decorations and experiance the chanting and catrinas in the tourist corridor. It is an experiance worth living!!! the weather in october is really good! over all i would go again and stay no where else but parador de alcala. it is relatively new hotel and price is well worth! Thank yoy parador for a wonderfull experience!

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank momof3ninas
David P, Director General at Parador De Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Alejandra,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and treatment our staff has fallen short of their expectations.

I hope we can welcome again in the near future. It has been a pleasure to serve.