Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$112
PricelineUS$112
Agoda.comUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
StayForLong
All reviews fresh flowers pedestrian street tamales small hotel sliding glass perfect location two blocks walking distance the heart of the city public spaces restaurant reservations noisy at night charming hotel water pressure rooms were very clean santo domingo church other hotels
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What's great? The staff is excellent and available. Communication and accommodation when things went awry--priceless! The location is ideal. If you like character, this is the place. Plenty of common areas to relax. Breakfast included and very good. For an old, old building the bathrooms are amazing with plenty of hot water, good pressure and adequate lighting. The AC was awesome and no problems with internet connections. There are street food carts and several restaurants within steps of the door. Small balcony is great and I did not hear noise late at night.
Things to consider depending on what you value in a hotel: no on site restaurant, ice machine, or vending machines. Not wheelchair accessible. If you need a desk/desk chair and good desk light for working, inquire in advance. This is not a business oriented hotel.
I really like Oaxaca and hope to return. I will stay here again if space available.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 21 April 2021

I spent five nights. I initially scheduled two nights and I visited similar hotels in the historic section of town to compare. I learned that the location of Casa de Siete Balcones was exceptional. It is close to touristy sites to the north and also to the Zocalo (southwest) which provides a more local experience. I alternated between these two eating and shopping experiences. There is a peaceful common area for breakfast. I conducted business and played internet games in my room and the common area. The wifi was generally adequate for gaming (download speeds 10-25 mbps), though I was selective where to set-up my system. My room was furnished in older style furniture with a firm bed. The bathroom fixtures were modern and shower was awesome in pressure and hot potential. I had a small balcony/window that opened to a busy road, so sound might be an issue for some.
It didn't bother me. Everyone who worked at the hotel was exceptionally helpful and friendly. The interior area felt safe and secure. To enter the common area or rooms, you need to pass through two gates and go past the office. They seemed to have someone in the office 24 hours a day. They all wore masks and seemed to respect Covid precautions.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 26 March 2021

I fell in love with this establishment which occupies a charming and authentic 16th century residence with colonial architecture. It is a true haven of peace ideally located in the heart of the city. The atmosphere is as warm as its colorful walls. A cocoon in the midst of the bustle of the city. I felt protected, pampered there ... So much so that of the 2 days initially planned, I stayed there 5!

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 March 2021

Excellent service! If there is a place where they know the meaning of this word, it is this hotel. Always attentive to our needs, having very nice details and helping in everything I needed. I can certainly rate it as perfect! In addition to the location, it is unbeatable ... I was very happy and grateful for their attentions. SUPER RECOMMENDED!

Room tip: Room on the corner is called Bella Suite and the view is great! Not noisy since it has a very good glass window-door and it blocks noise.
Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

I’ve stayed at Casa de Siete Balcones 2 times this year already and I’m in love with this place!
The rooms are simple but large and thoughtfully decorated with warm touches throughout. The bed and linens were comfortable which made for a good night’s sleep. All the rooms are a little different but the ones I’ve stayed in both had spacious bathrooms with large showers and plenty of hot water. The location can’t be beat ! This hotel is right in between 2 of the most popular spots in the historic district, El Zocalo and Santo Domingo, both reached within a 5 minute walk and a myriad of cafes and restaurants a stroll away. I believe all the rooms but 1 have a balcony which overlooks the Centro area. Breakfast in served on a beautiful brightly colored but peaceful upstairs courtyard overlooking a variety of plants and a fountain below with comfortable chairs throughout to read or just relax during your stay. The service was impeccable thanks to the managers Elizabeth, Janet, and the rest of their staff ( Gaby in particular). They made sure that i had everything I desired and went out of their way to make sure I was pleased.
Even though this hotel is located on a busy street, at night it does quiet down considerably, but if you’re a light sleeper you may want to use ear plugs or a small white noise sound machine to use at night. (There are also free apps you can download into your phone they have various ‘white noises’ to mask outside noises.)
However, with the balcony doors closed much of the noise is reduced.
Overall this is a great place to stay to be right in the middle of one of the most intriguing and charming cities I’ve ever visited.
Thank you Liz and everyone at Casa de Siete Balcones for your wonderful hospitality !

Trip type: Travelled solo