“Tapas with every drink!”
Review of Tastavins

Tastavins
Ranked #52 of 584 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Very cute spot! When I saw the wine list I almost fell off my chair at the prices!! $35 to $40mxn for a glass of wine! I'm not a wine expert but I know some of the choices they offer are waaaay more expensive in other restaurants.

For every glass you order, you get a small tapas. I also ordered a Greek salad. It was delish and loaded with feta cheese and enough olives. Some places hold back on the feta cheese which is a disappointment. These guys serve it well and for the cost of $75mxn.

Great deal, great place and ambiance.

A must in this amazing city!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We three met at Tastavins for a little bite to eat-tapas- and a small glass of wine. The atmosphere was lovely with the smell of their “ Special of the day” wafting past our noses! It was lovely and the tapas delightful! We visited for about an hour and a half, enjoyed ourselves, and the service. One of the servers knew some English which was helpful for one of the guests. Lovely time!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped into this place having seen it busy a couple of nights.

We had a really nice cheeseboard and enjoyed some Mexican wine along with an Argentinian malbec.

Our main courses were great, lots of flavour.

Seating is casual and cosy. Service is quick and friendly. Reasonably priced and good value wine, I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

This small bar/restaurant in the centro is a great place to stop in the evening for a glass of wine and tapas. They have a good selection of red wines by the glass or bottle from Mexico and elsewhere, all at a very reasonable price for the quality. Not as many white wines however. I don't generally have wine in Mexico and I was surprised at how good they were. With each glass you get some tapas, which is like bruschetta. It has a friendly atmosphere that makes it a fun place to hang out.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Well away from the tourist crush of the Zocalo, this is the place to go for good Mexican wines (yes, there are some) at great prices, with a free tapa thrown in with each glass. Great spot for a quiet evening after a day sight-seeing. Additional food from the tapas menu was tasty; service was terrific. Can get busy at weekends, so try to make a reservation.