All reviewsliving areaprivate courtyardminute walkwatch netflixbooked private tourscontemporary hotelcounter areacoffee tablejunior suitedinner reservationssmall kitchenettesliding glass doorwonderful hotelseparate roomstacosflat screen tvtextile museum
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Hotel is fairly new and very well maintained. Well furnished and comfortable suites surround a modern and light filled common area. Best aspect of the hotel is the extremely welcoming and helpful staff and the location of the hotel. Hotel is within easy walking distance of most tourist zone shops, restaurants and historical attractions. However it is far enough from central core of the city to avoid crowds and noise. Would be very disappointed if hotel was not available for my next visit. .

Room Tip: Design of the complex makes all rooms very quiet. However rear junior suites are extra quiet and private.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

On behalf of MARIALICIA SUITES, all the staff want to thank your comments, It is so greatful to read that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel.
Will be great to see you again in a future, you will always have a Suite available with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Great place to stay, everything they offer is great quality. From the food, service, amenities, cleanliness, to the hygienic products. It’s located centrally we were able to walk to near by restaurants and even walked to Historic Center. We will definitely return to Marialicia Suites.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Miss Infante:
Thanks for your comments...., We would like to see you again in MARIALICIA SUITES, it was a pleasure to have met you!!
My best regards always!!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

This hotel was attractive, comfortable and conveniently located. The staff was warm and friendly and Dulce and Javier, the owners were helpful and kind. Dulce answered all of our questions and also arranged for a wonderful driver, Andros, to give us a day tour to Monte Alban and Etla. We loved our nine days at Marialicia Suites.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

On behalf of MARIALICIA SUITES, we would like to thank your stayed at the hotel.
Hope to see you again in a future.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Even before we stayed at Marialicia Suites, we wondered if Dulce ever slept. We had an issue with our reservation and right from the beginning Dulce was extremely responsive and fixed our problem immediately (this was an issue on our end not Marialicia's end). Anytime we had a question, we would email Dulce and she would respond immediately. Dulce is the owner along with her family, husband, father, mother and her own son!! Dulce and her family have travelled extensively in the US and Europe, so they know what service is expected at a proper hotel. This property is very contemporary and modern with each suite with its own fully equipped kitchen and private courtyard. The rooms and the suites were cleaned and changed everyday. One could easily stay as an extended stay for more than one week. Dulce made arrangements for us for a wonderful tour guide and always had excellent suggestions for restaurants and thereby also making our dinner reservations as well. I love the description of the property by "Zzardvark" and I would reiterate what he/she had to say.

Breakfast was not included in our room rate but it was not expensive and very delicious.

The only negative is that this property is on the other side of the Zocolo where many of the restaurants are located but taxis are readily available if you do not feel like walking and cost about $3 US dollars anywhere. Many times Dulce or her husband or even Oscar, who works there happily said "do you want a ride"? There was Wifi and it could be slow or spotty at times but not a big deal. If you are looking for a charming older property than this might not be for you. It is exactly as pictured, so no surprises. The water pressure that does make a noise bothered me but after a couple of nights, I got used to the noise. (I am very sensitive to noise and light.)

We can't wait to go back and we would definitely stay here again. We were sad to leave!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DandMRidgefield_CT
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Mr. Dan:

On behalf of MARIALICIA SUITES, all the team, Javier and myself, would like to thank your comments, and the time you took to give us your opinion.

I would like to explain that I am not the owner, my parents in law are the owners, but I do my job with love and pasion as if it were.

Was a pleasure to meet you, and we will be lucky ones if you come to Oaxaca and stay with us again.

My best regards always,

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Oaxaca is the type of city in which you can go from ancient ruins to baroque cathedrals to contemporary art museums in one day. However, if you want to stay in a contemporary hotel, Marialicia Suites is one of your only options. Because many of the hotels are retrofitted into historic buildings, they often have small and noisy rooms with questionable bathrooms. Marialicia Suites is one of the few places you will find large suites with outdoor spaces in an extremely quite location and the bathrooms are scrupulously clean and to international standards.

The hotel is set up with a small reception area giving onto a large restaurant area with glass ceiling and large contemporary chandeliers. This gives to a central spine with the ten rooms and their respective outdoor spaces arranged on either side of the central core. Rooms 7 and 8 are at the very end and have the most privacy to their outdoor patios. Our room had an entry area with the bedroom to the right, the bathroom straight ahead and the combined living/kitchen area to the left. The living area had sliding glass doors with the patio table immediately outside. While there’s little reason to cook with the great restaurants locally, the refrigerator was stocked with drinks but was useful for us to chill drinks and snacks we brought back to the room. Because it is hot midday and businesses are often closed then, we came back and had room service brought to our patio. It was a spacious and nice place to hang out.

I rarely comment on staff but I really have to point out how helpful and nice Dulce and her family were during our stay. She put cake in our room for a birthday, booked private tours, got us tickets and drive us around. The next time an American politician denigrates the Mexican people, they should be required to stay with Dulce and experience how kind, helpful and industrious she and her family were.

The one tradeoff with this hotel is the location. The hotel is in the east of the historic district which is a small business area, doctors offices, ballet studio and Fedex. If you want to be in the middle of the most active parts of the historic district, you’re about a 12 minute walk away. However, this meant that the area was much more quiet at night and down Hidalgo Street, you’re close to the Textile museum and cultural center as well as three great restaurants, Origien, Cambuche and Taviche. The Merced market is two blocks away.

This was a really comfortable place to hang out and the staff made it very easy for two non-Spanish speakers.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zzardvark

I would like to have the right words to thank your maravelus comments about MARIALICIA SUITES, and all the team.

Thanks for everthing, for having stayed with us, you make us fell that we are doing well our job. You are a wonderful couple, and we were lucky to met people like both of you.

Will be greatful to see you again any time, be welcome to MARIALICIA!!!