Iguana Hostel
Casa del Alma Hotel Boutique & Spa(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$120
Casa Lum(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$93
Sombra del Agua Hotel San Cristobal(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$50
Casa Santa Lucia(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$80
Las Escaleras by Inmense(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$110
US$107
Diego De Mazariegos(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$37
Hotel Bo(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$185
US$168
Orbitz.com
Docecuartos Hotel(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$71
US$54
Hotel Casa Mexicana(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$38
US$37
  • Restaurant
Grand Guadalupe by Inmense(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$62
US$60
All reviewsthe ownercommon areasfree breakfastgood vibeshome away from homesan cristobalother guestsfood marketnice atmosphereother travelersbed dorma great place to meetenjoyed my stayevery eveningthe location is perfectfire pitfew minutes walk
Reviewed 25 June 2015

I stayed in a private double room with shared bath for 4 nights in June, 2015. The staff was fantastic. They made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived and were there to offer information about San Cristóbal and the surrounding area whenever I needed. They also had the opportunity to do two small favors for me that fell outside of the norm, and they did not hesitate to help out. The room was basic and the bathroom was kept clean and offered a hot shower. Breakfast was included and actually very good! I would stay there again on my next trip to San Cristóbal without question.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I planned to stay 3 or 4 nights in this hostel but finally it was 10 nights in total. I couldn't leave!! And even the last day I wasn't sure if I really could leave here.
The place is clean and nice atmosphere.(but yeah, only 2 shower for the all ppl would be a problem in the high season) Easy to start conversation with other guests and even staffs-all friendly and nice. And about the food, they really COOK your breakfast! Every morning I really expected my breakfast and I loved it every time. They give you information about every tour you can join or you can do by yourself and it was very helpful. So close from the local handcraft market and vegetable market. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2015

The best thing about the place is the people,I stayed 2 nights and made so many friends, some of whom were the awesome staff. The cooking, drinking, activities, tours, whatever, the staff will help you in anyway they can, in my top 3 favourite places that I stayed in my journey from Puerto Vallarta to Playa deal Carmen!
So chilled and awesome, I can see how some people go there to stay for a night and end up only leaving 2 months later. So close to arguable the best handicrafts markets in the whole of Mexico. Loved it.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2015

The staff at Iguana were incredibly helpful and attentive to requests (extra blankets for the cool nights? no problem) and provided us with information about local events going on and suggestions of places to visit. As with any other backpacker hostel, make sure to bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper as many guests here tend toward the nightlife late nights. The two showers seemed to have limited hot water as many guests mentioned wanting to get in early before the others finished breakfast. We only showered once in the late morning and didn't have a problem with the hot water running out. We loved the open concept of the communal area, the hammocks and the bright colors which give it a very fresh, relaxed yet lively feel to the space. The communal kitchen/dining area upstairs is really nice and bright to soak up the sun and wake up in the morning to any one of the staff members making breakfast for the guests. There's complimentary coffee and milk, too. They can also schedule a shuttle to Guatemala for you if that's where you're headed next. I'd stay here again if I were feeling social; otherwise, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J-Vo_6
Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Very friendly and relaxed vibe at this backpacker central hostel. Great central location with lovely staff, happy to offer help and book tours and transport for you. Shared bathroom could have been a bit cleaner but bedroom was a good size with storage facilities. Staff happy to cook and share their breakfast / lunches with guests. Great place for meeting other travellers.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple