Fair deal, very cheap option to sleep in San Cristobal de las Casas. Close to the Convento de Santo Domingo, convenient if you want to be nearby to most of the amenities in town.
We stayed in a dorm, though they gave us a double bed and the other bed was empty, so it felt like we were in a private room. Young staff, they are volunteers and make you feel very comfortable. The owner recommended us an excellent cafe to have breakfast.
A concern for the cleanliness in the common spaces would help making this hostel a better place. Other than that, great budget hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven years since opening, IGUANA HOSTEL is well known among backpackers for its family, chilled out and fun atmosphere. People come to the Iguana for two nights and they stay for two weeks... This is because Iguana Hostel can host only up to 27 people, so it's easy to make friends to share fun with, and we will always take good care of you. Our main asset is our staff: travellers on the road, who love making friends, and speak your language. The IGUANA HOSTEL is situated in a historic Barrio del Cerrillo, with a panoramic view from the terrace. The hostel is located near Santo Domingo a church surrounded and a colourful handcraft market, 2 blocks from the public market and only 7 minutes walk from the very heart of the city: la Catedral and el Parque Central. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iguana Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel San Cristobal De Las Casas
- Iguana Hostel San Cristobal De Las Casas, Chiapas