“A safe, private, delightful place to stay in bustling Taxco”
Review of Casa de las Palmas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taxco
Casa de las Palmas
Ranked #2 of 16 Taxco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My stay in the main house was one of many highlights of my visit to Taxco. The owners, Sherry and Stan, answered all my enquiries prior to my visit from Australia and the welcome and attention given by the on-site managers, Oscar and Silvia and their young son, was second to none.
As a solo traveller I felt safe and secure at all times in the exquisitely decorated house. Oscar was obliging and, when I had a friend from Mexico City to stay with me over a weekend, drove us to a nearby village for the afternoon and was happy to drive me to the bus station at the end of my stay.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was going to book the studio but, on Sherry's recommendation I stayed in the main house - well...
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ange_luke1

Reviewed 12 March 2011

I live in Mexico and I can tell you that the price is worth it! The house is wonderful, it's the perfect spot to visit Taxco. We rented the house at 4 people, it was really the perfect plan, don't hesitate!
You'll be welcomed by Oscar, a very nice guy.

I don't find negative things to say (price, location, decoration, everything is ok).

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank idawn
Reviewed 24 August 2010

After having traveled all over colonial Mexico, my boyfriend and I decided to try out Taxco together. I had only been one time as a child, many years prior but I found Casa de las Palmas on the same day we decided to travel to Taxco. It looked too perfect, too good to be true! The reviews were great and it seemed like our perfect oasis. We are not hotel-go'ers and much more prefer to stay in vacation homes and various properties as we both love to cook and prefer a more home-away-from-home type of vacation.

We arrived a little later than expected and Oscar and team were ready to greet us. The property is lovely and quite special for the location. An oasis in the middle of typical Mexico hussle. The garden and greens are lush and vibrant, a true gem for the location within Taxco.

We stayed in the main house which we both adored. The huge windows, the light, and the most special view are all priceless. The home clearly has much history and is quite magical. Being there just makes you wonder how many other great people have such fond memories there. The home is clean, the staff is fantastic, this house is a true gem. It is spacious, fabulous and really, a true find within Taxco.

The location is perfect, just a short block into the center of town and a very short walk back up a steep hill. We enjoyed every minute and wish we could have stayed longer. We definatly plan to make another trip to Taxco and to stay in this fabulous place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kggallagher
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Oscar speaks English, is helpful and seems eager to please. He's available as a driver and tour guide, a necessity with the narrow, steep streets of Taxco. Silvia is great cook. They are a pleasant couple and were a joy to talk to. The Casa advertises continental breakfast, but on the third of our four day stay, we were offered yogurt, fruit and granola with tacos made from leftovers from the amazing chile relleno dinner Silva prepared the night before. We were given our choice of eggs for our final breakfast.

Funky: 200 year old main house, with 2 bedrooms, spacious common areas and a fully equipped kitchen. The main house is more quiet, away from street and better finished. The newer and roomy Studio fronts the street, with noise from traffic and barking dogs. We muffled most of the noise by running a standing fan all night. Also, the interior walls are painted brick and have not been stuccoed, which gives them a dingy appearance from all the dust settled on the exposed bricks between the mortar. Also, the place hasn’t been renovated in a generation, with pealing paint, chipped window panes and a generally tired look. The kitchen is minimally equipped with a hodge-podge of utensils that if this wasn't Mexico, could have come from a Good Will store. There is no toaster or microwave. The cabinets are metal, with rust for trim. The furnishings are shabby, but the mattress was excellent. A living antique.

Absentee owners. For those accustomed to chats at the breakfast table with other guests and engaged and helpful inn keepers, this is not that kind of place. It’s billed as a B&B, but it’s really a two-unit apartment, without a common area for guests to mingle. Everything is extra, but with no set price. Expect to be a generous tipper

At $US100 per night, this is not a good value. A great experience, yes.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
SherryFauscett, Owner at Casa de las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

At Casa de las Palmas we do our best to accommodate clients and respond to any complaints. Some clients are more challenging than others. This particular client demanded a refund for one night because she arrived and a trash liner had been left out of a bathroom waste basket. (Silvia, our housekeeper was unable to be at work that day and her husband Oscar prepared the room.) I was informed by this client that he was 20 minutes late (which in Mexico is on time.) She also wrote me about the other clients in the main house. Saying their room had not been made up and that she did not intend cleaning her own room. I explained to her that Silvia and Oscar try to wait till clients leave their rooms to clean them so as not to disturb them. It was early in the day and that other client’s rooms were cleaned that afternoon as they normally are – when the clients leave for the afternoon . Oscar and Silvia have NEVER asked for a tip and certainly never insinuated that one was necessary. Clients are charged nothing for extras, except for private meals and guided tours. But evidently this client thought they should be included free. This client also complained that she did not get a full breakfast, when we clearly advertise a continental breakfast of fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee and Mexican sweet bread. I then had Oscar offer them full breakfasts at no charge in an effort to please them. The apartment is a historic home and an antique and I can hardly change that it is located near the street (like almost everything in Taxco.) I have never seen rust on the stainless steel in the kitchen, but I will have Oscar check. I was never told there was not a toaster, usually there is one there. A replacement will be bought if it is needed. Unfortunately, I am not able to live at Casa de las Palmas, at this time. But I am hardly what you would think of as an absentee owner. I respond to each and every comment made by guest and try to make any needed changes. I am always grateful for comments and advise and try to compensate guest for any inconvenience they might encounter. Evidently this review was a result of giving free full breakfast instead of a refund.
Sherry Fauscett
Casa de las Palmas

Reviewed 15 January 2010

We enjoyed our stay at La Casa de las Palmas. The house is full of unique treasures and was fun to explore. The beds were comfortable and everything was very clean. We enjoyed the view from the terrace and we enjoyed the quiet, peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple