US$52
  • Breakfast included
US$59
Santa Prisca(Taxco)(Great Value!)
US$30
La Casa del Laurel(Taxco)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsspent a weekincredible viewschile rellenosanta priscaoscarsilviahoststownzocalo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We recently spent 4 nights in Taxco and I feel lucky to have found such a beautiful palce. The porch in the front of the main house has a great view of Taxco and the roof deck has an even better view! The large living/dining room is very comfortable with a large dining table(seats 8 comfortably) and lots of nice couches. The bedroom and library/day bed room is quite large and leads into a very large bathroom. The full kitchen has it's own door and a large fridge. The walk up to the place can be a bit challenging but just take it slow and easy and you'll be rewarded with a lovely comfortable place to relax.They have a lush lawn and beautiful foliage with some tall palm trees. Beautiful!
And don't hesitate to contact the wonderful family that takes care of the place.Oscar, Sylvia, and their kids are warm wonderful people and full of information about the area. Oscar drove us to the caves (a must see) and to the bus stop the day we left. Sylvia prepared a home cooked meal that was a highlight of our stay. Oscars' english is very good and he was always around to help us any way he could. One of their sons gave us a lot of information about where we were headed next and it was very helpfull.
Taxco is a beautiful town to visit and it's so nice to have a place to stretch out and relax. we were there for day of the dead and I highly recommend it. The town does it up right with all the kids dressing up and parading around the zocalo. It was so much fun.Who needs a hotel when you can have a house for a much lesser price? I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ricka..
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I travel to Taxco once a year and this year I decided to stay in a new place for a change. I like places with a bit of history and lots of charm. I have not been disappointed! I stayed in the artists studio. I am a woman traveling on my own. Casa de las Palmas was perfect for me. Super fast internet, fantastic decor and views, great personal service from Oscar and his wife, and a beautiful and tranquil garden.
It is a steep walk up the hill (but a short fast walk down!) And a taxi up is only 1.50! The neighbour's bar is closed permanently, which I was happy about. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Eva M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our second time staying at Las Palmas and we were once again enchanted. It's really the most beautiful property! This time we were two families and we rented the studio and the main house. We just love this place. It's a great location, walking distance to the center of town. The house is beautifully decorated; everywhere you look something beautiful to see. We were greeted with fresh flowers everywhere: bathroom, bedroom, mantel by fireplace - I really appreciate little details like that. We spent three nights in Taxco and after having a couple of meals in town we decided to have breakfast and dinner under the expert and delicious care of Oscar and Silvia who acted as hosts, chefs, and friends. Such amazing meals! Plus Oscar was willing to let us order items not on their menu and we could pick the meal times to suit our schedules. We were treated with such warmth and care that again I wondered why I didn't spend my entire vacation in Taxco.

Yes there is a dreadful pub with awful "music" at night. But from inside the house and on the terrace overlooking the city you can't hear the noise at all. I have no idea why the past review said they were bothered - unless we were up on the roof at night we couldn't hear the pub at all. The place to hang out was clearly on the main terrace with the most stunning impossible to imagine view of the entire city. We had our own dance party out there and it was one of the best nights of the year.

We vacation all the time in Mexico. La Casa de las Palmas is our favorite place to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patti L
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Knowing that sleeping with silence in Mexico is a difficult task, we chose to book the house inside the compound because the reviews claimed it was quiet, unlike the rooms facing the street. When we returned from our visit to Taxco at around 8:30 pm, we were glad of our choice, because there was a party with loud music in the house next door. We thought that the noise could not reach the house where we would stay.

What an unhappy surprise when we got to our rooms and heard the music coming from a scandalous bar just above the hotel. I'm not kidding when I say it felt like the bar was inside our room. The loud music lasted until three in the morning and this was the first time that the ear plugs were not enough to avoid the noise (besides the constant vibration of the bed because of that noise). The thick walls that some reviewers mention did not seem to be sufficient to stop the music. They should have given us that night for free. I would not come back there even if they paid me. Who wants to pay for a room when you cannot sleep in it because of the noise?

Unless you want to party until 3 pm (the pub above offers the music for free), I strongly recommend not to book in this hotel. A pitty because it's a wonderful place but not for sleeping.

Room Tip: Noise everywhere
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mimilo
AllenGilmer, Owner at Casa de las Palmas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

The fellow that runs the internet cafe above us had assured us that he would control the noise after 10:00 pm. He has not held to that promise, and the neighbors and our staff have taken the problem to both the building owners and the authorities who assure us it is or has been dealt with. Thanks.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here in December 2013 for several days. Now I wish we had spent our entire vacation in Taxco! Rikki arranged transportation for us from the Mexico City Airport. We decided to do this because we arrived on Christmas Day, and have had problems with public transportation on major holidays in the past. When we arrived the caretaker's (Oscar) son was waiting with a sign. They had arranged a very comfortable suburban to transport us. Oscar's son spoke perfect English, and he and the driver were very solicitous about asking if we wanted to stop for food, drinks, bathroom, shopping, etc on the way to Taxco. Once we arrived at the house we met Oscar. The trip to Casa de las Palmas would have been worth it just to meet Oscar. A delightful person. We had rented the entire property so that we could have it to ourselves, and it was fabulous. Absolutely gorgeous grounds, furnishings, and a view that you have to see to believe. I want to live here! Oscar prepared coffee and bread/pastries for us each morning, when he heard us stirring around. Also, one day Oscar took us on a tour around town, and out to the Spratling Ranch. He was focused on making sure we had a good time. It is true that at night you can hear some music from a house /club above the house somewhere, but I did not find this overly loud or disturbing. I look forward to the day I can return to this beautiful home and Oscar's hospitality in Taxco. I do not think you could be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple