“Fantastic Fine Dining!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Retorno del Rey
Transit: 5 minutes away
Description: A gourmet tour of Mediterranean cuisine in an intimate and romantic setting. Dress code: long pants, closed shoes and collar shirt for gentlemen.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My family and I recently enjoyed yet another stellar dinner at Fantino. The ambiance of the restaurant (which is located in the Ritz-Carlton hotel) is lavish and cries out fine dining. The dining room is populated with well-spaced and generously-sized white linen clad tables set with beautiful china. The cathedral ceiling in the restaurant is adorned with a beautiful mural and the large windows that overlook the Caribbean Sea are adorned with beautiful drapery. There’s also live piano music which only adds to the wonderful, sophisticated, and refined atmosphere of the restaurant. The ample wait staff is polished, professional, and attentive anticipating guests’ every need. The meal started with an amuse bouche of savory and tasty gruyere puffs. Next, a formal bread service followed with an accompaniment of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. For a second amuse bouche, a small teacup of silky and delicious bisque was offered. Moving into the menu proper, I started with the torchon of foie gras served with grilled bread, topped with a honey and orange foam with a smear of red berry reduction on the side – a truly decadent dish brimming with wonderful flavors. For my second course, I then enjoyed the zucchini and squash soup – wonderful texture and excellent flavors. For my main course, I then had the filet mignon which was served perfectly rare plus, with rich and delicious parmesan gnocchi on the side and a fantastic port wine reduction sauce. For dessert, I then savored the warm chocolate fondant which was, as always, the perfect end to a tremendously good meal. We enjoyed Champagne followed by red with our meal from the restaurant’s comprehensive wine list (which is actually the hotel’s wine list). Overall, an exceptional meal and a wonderful all around fine dining experience. Definitely a must try.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank SirJasor
Write a reviewReviews (344)

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

The chef deserves a few Michelin's start ⭐⭐⭐ We loved their prefix menu, the wine list was good and easy to married the dishes. Service was great and ambience is pleasant, romantic, classy, elegant and very very posh. My daughter's kind of place, would be lovely to have some high tea party for young girls. At the end of the night we got our 12 grapes on a sachets ready to toast the new year which was topped with fun awesome music and outdoor dance and fireworks

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank terracali
Reviewed 23 December 2020

This was our favorite place to dine! The food was amazing and the service was even better! Highly recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Lana K
Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Fantino is easily the best restaurant in Cancun; and ranks with the best restaurants in the world. The filet mignon is 100% the best steak I have ever eaten; the Chef cooked it perfectly. The lamb chops come with braised lamb which is out-of-this-world. For those who do not eat meat, every pasta and vegetable dish I ate was amazing. You can tell when you eat this food that a tremendous amount of thought and skill went into each dish. You are immediately transported by the flavors to nostalgic moments (every bite reminded me of various places I have traveled around the world). Fantino is a true experience not to be missed. The Chef is very talented and obviously takes great care in constructing the dishes. I was fortunate enough to be able to eat here on Thanksgiving. The Chef prepared the best Thanksgiving meal I have ever eaten---sorry mom----and, I literally cried, the food was so good. In addition to the food, the wait staff is wonderful. This is a must-eat when in Cancun.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank F5356YLannas
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

One of the best restaurant I have ever dined. Professional service, excellent food and great ambience. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2020