“great place to enjoy a peaceful dinner”

La Dolce Vita downtown
Reserve a table
Tue, 02/03
20:00
Ranked #28 of 1,329 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Av. Nader
Description: Since 1983 La Dolce Vita Centro has been consistently rated as one of the top restaurants in Cancun, serving fresh seafood and homemade pasta, owned and operated by Tim Savio and Juan J. Casal. Dolce Vita means "Sweet Life" in Italian and that is how an evening here will make you feel. Our loyal clientele highly recommend the award winning signature dish Boquinete Dolce Vita, a local snapper topped with shrimp and mushrooms, enclosed in puff pastry, and served with lobster sauce. The service is refined and friendly, and dinner specials change daily to match the season. Ourdiverse wine list from around the world complements the dinner. La Dolce Vita is an ideal setting for small groups, business functions, parties, rehearsal dinners and other special events. Dress code: Casual, no cut off shirtsleeves for gentlemen. Private parking and free valet parking service.
Reviewed 20 January 2021

Pancho welcomed us with open arms, introduced by name from the reservation. we a choice about the wines... they let us taste it before buying the bottle. My spouse ordered the Boquinete “ Dolce Vita” (fish, stuffed with shrimp and mushrooms in puff pastry served with lobster sauce) the lobster sauce was fantastic. i never visited a restaurant on vacation but we will definitely try this restaurant when we visit. Thank you to Pancho and to the rest of staff.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed 17 January 2021

My husband and I ate there this evening and loved everything about it. The food was delicious. The service was great. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

Our 3rd time at this amazing restaurant! This was a reservation I made as soon as the Cancún plans were made. Thank you for helping us celebrate a milestone birthday for my husband. We look forward to our next visit to your beautiful country and incredible restaurant. Gracias!!

Reviewed 4 January 2021

I had been craving Italian for a few weeks. Arrived here, and the space is so charming and comfortable, just a lovely space. This is old-school Italian done right! Very gracious service with some free tastes, too! I ended up dining here alone because my companion had been sick. I really had a great time with the Prosecco, and all of the exquisite food, hahaha.

Had the fantastic shrimp appetizer in a Marsala sauce, it was out of this world. Followed by the ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach. Seriously, this may be the best ravioli I’ve ever had and here’s why: the pasta was very light, you could see thru to the spinach, plus, the tomato sauce was also very light as to not cover the delicate flavors of the ricotta and spinach. THIS is how ravioli should be made. I loved it!

The breads, the signature pâté were perfect accompaniments to my lovely meal. I’m happy to say I’ll be staying in Cancun for a bit longer and cannot wait to return. Every bite was perfection!

1  Thank swannee2013
Reviewed 27 December 2020 via mobile

Christmas Dinner at our favorite restaurant in Cancun! Authentic Italian 15 minute cab ride from the hotel zone! Lovely quail pate complimentary. Excellent spaghetti carbonara and linguine in clam sauce (ask for extra garlic - it’s amazing!

Date of visit: December 2020