“Coming Back to Cancun”

GreenLeadersGold level
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Coming Back to Cancun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

The Westin LagunaMar changed my overall impression of Cancun! Recently, my wife, dear friends and I spent 5-7 days at this lovely & convenient resort. The rooms were beautiful and a staff that was very responsive, informative & accommodating. The Bar-B-Q grills, with utensils provided gratis, was a nice touch. The location is ideal. Take advantage of the short walks or reliable, safe & economical bus services to experience & enjoy the shopping, wonderful restaurants and other available attractions near the hotel. Cancun and the Westin LagunaMar are now amongst our list of vacation places for a future return trip.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jamerican63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,738)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is such a beautiful place. We were so impressed with the surroundings, people and the overall feel of this place.
From the great timeshare room to the people working their. All them were nice, nonintrusive and happy. It is also a very safe place. I don't think any of us felt uncomfortable their.

The staff is really well trained and can handle problems that arise. We really miss the view of the beach and great swimming pools. This is the perfect place for families not interested all you can drink inclusive resort.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean views. (No I am not paid by Westin)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bhattara
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed in a studio in February for 3 nights.

There was so much about this hotel that I really liked. Just a couple of negatives, but the good outweighed the bad so much that I still gave it 5 stars.

The good...The beach was great, the pools were wonderful, I was surprised at how warm the pools were, especially since I had read reviews to the contrary. We never had trouble finding a chair at either the pool or the beach. My kids loved the waterslide too. Our room was nicely decorated and clean. I really liked having the kitchenette in the room. I also liked the free wi-fi.
The location was directly across from la Isla Shopping Centre. This was really handy, lots of great restaurants and shops here.
The bad....We had a room that faced the parking lot, with a very small peek a boo view of the ocean over the top of the hotel next door. It was a little disappointing as I read that all the rooms faced the ocean, in fact there are about a dozen rooms that have the view that we did. It wasn't very pleasant sitting out on the balcony with a glass of wine. Most of the rooms did have a great view, unfortunately not ours. I also found the layout kind of crazy, a bit of a maze getting to our room from the lobby. Although the front desk staff were friendly and helpful, I got the feeling they were always trying to "sell" you something. Everything seemed to have an extra cost attached.

Room Tip: make sure you have a view facing both the pool and the ocean. A higher floor would also ensure a be...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzannah123
Box Elder, SD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with this Resort! It is located on the hotel strip, but I think it has the best location! The backside of the hotel is seriously across the street from the outdoor shopping mall with wonderful shops and restaurants (I recommend going in the evening, it's pretty fun!) We walked along the beach and compared the other hotels and Westin Lagunamar had the best pools and beach area! The employees are nice and helpful. They have concierge service that will you plan your trip! We also signed up for a 30 minute time share info meeting and it allowed us to save $80 on one of our explorer trips! We also received a couples' massage on the beach! Amazing! They have a private hut that allows the breeze from the beach in to relax you! Highly recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean so you really will have an ocean view!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LuckyLockeys
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful week at the Westin. Although the ocean was rough, you can't blame the hotel for that. The beach itself was excellent . The "endless" pool is great. In general, the hotel staff were helpful and polite. The room was well laid out with a kitchen and a balcony facing the ocean. We also had a hot tub which was a treat. The hotel also has a very good location. We would go back anytime!

Room Tip: All rooms are good because they all face the ocean. This is actually a timeshare so the rooms are w...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple