7,255 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar fun team studio villa la isla mall infinity pool mall across the street steak night full kitchen heavenly bed personal concierge outdoor mall pool concierge swim up bar great property smaller pool time share
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2020

Stay Report - 11/14 to 11/16

Location: The hotel is located right in the center of the Cancun Hotel Zone on a beautiful stretch of beach between the Live Aqua and Park Royal Hotels.  As a bonus it's across from the upscale Fashion Harbour Mall which has a number of restaurants and stores.  It's an easy 20 minute drive to the airport and within 10 minutes of the hotel are some great restaurants.

Hotel: The hotel is part of a sprawling property consisting of 14 different buildings with rooms and another few for the rest of the amenities.  The complex is roughly divided into two parts, the west part which has the main pools, pool bar, beach access and the east wing which has smaller pools.  The east wing is currently closed.  As of right now there is only a sports bar and the pool bar open for dining.  Valet parking is also shut down though annoyingly the app didn't mention this.  The hotel's fitness center is open as is a small store in the lower lobby.

Check In: The check in agents were very nice about me being Titanium and were very helpful explaining how the hotel worked.  I got 1,000 points as a welcome amenity but as this is a timeshare, no breakfast benefit.  The concierge did provide us with a free Westin tote bag though.

Room: I'd paid for an ocean front villa and it was a really nice room.  Huge kitchen with great fixtures, washer dryer (a big plus), great bathroom with a whirlpool tub, separate shower and two sinks, comfortable bed and a balcony.  Wifi worked well and there were plenty of outlets.  My view was somewhat disappointing especially as the check in agent claimed he was "upgrading" me to a great view.  Still, excellent room.

Dining: We had drinks and breakfast at the pool bar.  The prices are surprisingly reasonable for a resort (approximately $9 per mixed drink, $15 for breakfast) and the food was pretty good.  Service was also excellent.  The lunch and dinner menus are pretty limited though I didn't check out the sports bar.

Resort: The beach and pools are lovely.  No issues getting chairs, umbrellas or towels either.

Overall a very pleasant stay at a nice resort.  I'd gladly come back.

4  Thank Sal_Paradise767
Mitzi Vazquez, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your amazing stay at The Westin Lagunamar, we are proud of our selves by reading this nice review and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warm Regards,
The Westin Lagunamar Management Team.

Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

Is a birthday week trip and I had a 1 bdrm. I own two timeshares so we kept declining the tour. They try to entice you and the offers improve. We self catered breakfast with a full stove top and microwave, Coffeemaker, bring or buy your own coffee, and eggs and food. Ate lunch at the pool bar, very bland. I had a salad another time it was ok. I wouldn't eat there after. Everyone brings their own cocktails to the pool and beach but the service is awesome. I didn't want to leave and I would go back again. Very COVID safe. Great place I will be back. pool and beach are amazing

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Chulolaw

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for posting this nice review about our resort, and location, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your accommodations.

We hope to host you near future!

Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

i lost my (very expensive) specialized sunglasses in the surf one afternoon (humble lesson learned). hubby and i spent about two hours searching with a mask (provided by the lifeguards) and goggles with no luck. even fortino, the lifeguard, helped us search.

the next morn, we came down to the beach, and fortino surprised, actually shocked, me with my sunglasses, which he said he found in the calm surf that morning! i was beyond elated...mostly that he would take the time and make the effort to find my glasses! westin lagunamar, you have an amazing keeper of a lifeguard, fortino, and a very satisfied, thankful guest! muchas gracias

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your Fantastic review, always make us glad to hear the feedback from you and to know that our efforts to serve and provide you with a refreshing stay, were worth it! We hope to welcome you back near future!

Reviewed 14 November 2020 via mobile

The Westin Lagunamar exceeded all of our expectations. The location, the pools, the beach.... all were just awesome. And what made our stay even easier and more enjoyable was the attentive staff... especially our pool concierge, our bartenders at viento, the bell staff, with extra high marks going to our personal concierge Alfredo Izquiero Garcia... whose food and activity recommendations and assistance guaranteed a successful stay. Thanks to all!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dameng2016

Dear Guest:

We really appreciate your nice comments, thank you for taking the time to post this. At Westin Lagunamar it is our priority to meet our guest’s expectations and to give you the best Westin Experience every time you stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you again in a near future,

The Westin Lagunamar Management Team.

Reviewed 8 November 2020

I had planned to visit in June, but changed plans due to Covid. The property is amazing even though some things were shut down due to Covid. The staff is amazing and work diligently to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I had a one bedroom suite and it was amazing. The pool is fantastic and I will definitely make an annual trip there. I don't want to make it sound too appealing and have to compete for a room.

1  Thank lucky71153
Mitzi Vazquez, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2020

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for posting this nice review about our resort, staff, and location, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your accommodations.

We hope to host you again soon!