“Great food and a fun environment!!”
Review of Tora Cancun

Tora Cancun
Ranked #8 of 1,415 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Description: By Grupo RosaNegra® Japanese robata grill restaurant, where the balance between the traditional Japanese and the creativity of modern cuisine is combined with the highest quality of our gourmet product selection. That's how this Japanese-born concept, where the robata grill stars in the flavor, arrives in Mexico.
Reviewed 29 July 2021

First and foremost the staff was a hoot! Everyone was so kind and fun to be around! The service was excellent and we never had to even ask for a refill on anything! The music was fun and upbeat and the servers were interactive and festive! Food was delicious. We shared a variety of different sushi rolls, gyozas, and some wagyu beef entrees and devoured all of them. Sparklers were handed out to enhance the fun and we LOVED IT! I cannot recommend this place enough if you're looking for a fun night out! Oh, and did I mention the champagne in the bathroom? I have been to my fair share of fancy places with fancy bathrooms and services. However, this totally caught me off-guard. The bathroom attendant was so sweet, kind, and accommodating. The champagne was just the cherry on top of an excellent evening! If I ever find myself back in Cancun, I will definitely be dining here again!

1  Thank Macy V
Joshua Campos, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tora Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Dear Macy V:

Thank you very much for allowing us to read your great comments regarding your recent visit to Tora Cancun, it was a pleasure to have hosted you on this occasion.

We would love to see you soon to keep creating wonderful moments with you, see you next time in paradise.

Write a reviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Overall this restaurant is a one of a kind experience. The service was top of the mark (excellent food, attended restrooms, great live performances throughout the evening on the attached pier in the lagoon, superior wait staff). My servers were Josie and Willian. They were very attentive and let us know whenever a new show was starting to make sure we were included (I also think they did this because our table was the furthest one away from the show and it helped us feel more included).

We went there for 8 pm, they had live performances on the pier throughout the evening. We saw fire dancers and something that resembled The Blue Man Group with fire as well. They had a really cool evening finale that involved the whole restaurant and sparklers that they gave to everyone close to closing time, which culminated with fireworks over the water!

Our table location was the worst part of the evening. It was wedged closely between the bar/prep corner and the kitchen entrance, furthest away from the show. (not sure if we were given this because I had to push back our reservation an hour and that is all they had or just put back luck). Because of the placement of the table my wife was flanked constantly by two paths of incoming and outgoing waiters. I think the original intent was for the waiters to only use the one path further behind our table (not in between the bar and our table) which had more room but they just go in and out any way they can in all the rush of the evening. Because of this, our table and my daughters seat, kept getting bumped into repeatedly, I counted at least 8 times. I really don't think there should be a table there, obviously the waiters need more space and it makes for a very disruptive situation for whom ever sits there.

An odd experience I had was with who I think was the floor manager, Juan Thomas. He seems like a nice guy, as he was friendly and talkative, but I felt as if I was being heavily pressured to leave an "on-the-spot" review here on TripAdvisor. This was because he brought over a sign with a QR code and hovered over me as I scanned it and then he actually selected the 5 star button for me on my original review. Only after I started to enter in review comments did he retreat to bring me the bill. I get wanting feedback, maybe they get internal kick backs / recognition for good reviews, but that was strange and I've never experienced that in a restaurant before.

I highly recommend this restaurant, it was a wonderful birthday dining experience for my wife and family. just avoid that table I described and try to get a table on the pier for the show.

2  Thank xionraserei

Dear xionraserei:

Thank you very much, we were pleased with your visit and we really thank you for leaving a comment for us.

We hope to have the luck to serve you once again and keep exceeding your expectations. See you next time.

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

The absolute best dinner we had while visiting Cancun!!! The food was exceptional as well as the service, the staff Adrian and Juan Thomas provided us with top notch service and made us feel like VIP’s. This will be on our to do list anytime we visit Cancun.

Dear teelj2021:

We would like to thank you for allowing us to learn more regarding your recent visit, it was a pleasure to have hosted your evening.

We would love to be visited by you very soon, we will be waiting to delight your senses once again.

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

Great service, Daniel was awesome! I had made a reservation months in advance for & had asked for a table with a beautiful view & instead they gave us a table behind plants. I asked them to move us but they said they could not because of the rain. There was no rain, it rained earlier in the day. 30 minutes later, they started seating everyone outside at tables with gorgeous views. This was a disappointment for us because this was our first time in Cancun & we really wanted to see the sunset. Please do not say that you cannot accommodate a party when you actually can.

Date of visit: July 2021
Joshua Campos, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tora Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear saleend2019:

Thank you so much for your review, for us is very important to know your opinion about your visit.
We regret that you couldn't enjoy the view in our place, we share these comments with our manager and he can work on it and give you the best service.

We hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2021

First time we were uncomfortable because temperature was very high. If no wind you are in deep problems. I asked the first time for the only SMALL space with climatization, never got it. Now second reservation, called by phone reconfirming we are going to be in climate room,.... They lied again!!! I no want an expensive dinner and not very special food in an insoportable heat...we left the restaurant before repeat the last bad experience.

Dear Juan P:

Thank you for your review, for us is very important to know about your experience and we will work on it to give you a better service, We are saddened you couldn't enjoy the real experience that we provide.

I would like to offer you come back to visit us and change your perception.