“Fair and Honest Review.”
Review of Tres Rios Ecopark

Tres Rios Ecopark
Ranked #10 of 162 things to do in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: This park, only 30 minutes away from the craziness of Cancun, offers horseback rides along the coast. ** NOTE: To best satisfy the needs and preferences of our visitors Tres Rios Ecopark is now temporarily closed as major improvements are underway, the park will re-open for the 2007 summer season.**
Reviewed 12 March 2017

My wife and I visited this resort and loved it. The peace and beauty of this resort are worth experiencing at least once. The pools and gardens are very beautiful. The resort is newer and well staffed.

The restaurants are nice and we enjoyed our meals here. The staff will make your stay a pleasure.

The only con is that the beach is not all that beautiful.

2  Thank Rick S
"entertainment team"
"natural beauty"
"great teacher"

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I am just back from Tres Rios, after having had, as usual, an excellent time. I have been going for years with good reason.

There were few minor glitches which, I understand, are being corrected. The most egregious for me, and I suspect there would be some who feel differently, was the presence of a mariachi band, complete with trumpet and off key bellowing singers in the Mexican restaurant. It was supposed to add atmosphere, but all it did was stop all intimate conversation as they noisily went from table to table looking for tips. In other retaurants there were a violinist and a flautist; and outside at the grill was a very talented saxophone player -- all playing appropriate music. Mariachis have no place in an intimate restaurant.

But I must emphasise that all things considered, this was very minor.

The staff were all very helpful. If I must single out a few, I would choose Rodrigo the mayordomo, Conrad and Cesar at the waterside, and the servers Natalia, Joaquin and Antonio.

1  Thank 1Archibaldo
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Excellent service, exquisite good, a lot of options for a very good price, good quality on everything, highly recommended, very natural, the snorkeling teachers are the best! We can remember their names, but we enjoy a lot their company in the resort, the snorkeling and the nursery tour, they have a lot to do: another good option is the bicycle tour and fun activities every day, Fausto is a good photographer and Daniel very good lifeguard. The coffee shop and the pastry are delicious !!

1  Thank Familia Loaiza A
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Beautiful lush jungle setting! You have your choice of swimming or snorkeling in a seawater lagoon open to the ocean (I swam with a shark) or a freshwater lagoon full of fish and tunnels. It was a great experience.

1  Thank mthom10584
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We have been going to this resort for a while now. We started with Royal Sunset in 2000 and at present we are with La Herencia at Hacienda Tres Rios. When we want to taste a bit of nature and get a respite from urban living, we head to Tres Rios.

The resort is beautiful but sometimes the upkeep of the room is to be desired. However, any problem encountered in the room is attended to by their service personnel ASAP. All the service people are exceptional - very respectful and accommodating. The rooms are very clean.

I would like to give a shout out to our wonderful butlers: Adrian, Jaime, Oscar and Rodrigo.

I would like to mention here the great service afforded us by two of their staff assigned to member services: Mr. Michael Jordan, who attends efficiently and graciously to any problem we encounter during our stay, and to the beautiful Italian madonna/concierge - Andy. Her warmth and efficiency are most admirable. I thank these two who made our stay truly enjoyable and satisfying.

I regret though that the restaurants are not at par with the quality of the resort. Service in the restaurants is extremely slow. I call the attention of the chef at the Italian restaurant - Portobelo. I ordered the seafood galantine and to my frustration received 2 cooked shrimps in frozen water (tasteless!) - there were icicles when you cut through!!! There was confusion in the order - instead of quail terrine, beef tartar was served. However, the Mexican breakfast buffet and the dinner were good. At Kotori, our wait staff Oscar was funny and attentive. As a long standing member, I honestly wish that Management would pay attention to the quality of the resort's restaurants. A resort this beautiful and inviting needs well-managed restaurants.

As a member, sometimes making reservation is a hard task because what have been agreed with their sales people are "lost in translation" to the reservation staff. Seems that these two departments are not in sync.

But, staying in this resort is, despite the minor hiccups, a relaxing and beautiful experience.

1  Thank travelmystique