“a two week stay at Tres Rios, an 'all inclusive' 'resort'”
Review of Tres Rios Ecopark

Tres Rios Ecopark
Ranked #27 of 158 things to do in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: This park, only 30 minutes away from the craziness of Cancun, offers horseback rides along the coast. ** NOTE: To best satisfy the needs and preferences of our visitors Tres Rios Ecopark is now temporarily closed as major improvements are underway, the park will re-open for the 2007 summer season.**
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We have been going to Tres Rios since abut 2009 and while we were initially satisfied, even though we thought the 'all inclusive' per diem was excessive, they justified it by having 'top shelf' liquors. Well it's gone up. for some people. We learned that there were some there who were paying less than we were. It's something that is of little value to my wife who, in the course of two weeks, may have had a dozen alcoholic drinks including wine and mixed drinks. The maintenance of the facility has not kept this facility at it's prior quality, seeming to deteriorate each more. There has been a change of management and some things that were policy when we joined, not the same quality any more. If you get a bargain price especially with an all inclusive adjustment to less than $100, it may be worth it. An annoyance is that they will transport you into Playa Del Carmen a few miles South, but coming back, you're on your own. Their gift shop is grossly overpriced and if you stay more than one week expect the exact same entertainment on the same day of the week for each week you're there.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

My wife and I visited this resort and loved it. The peace and beauty of this resort are worth experiencing at least once. The pools and gardens are very beautiful. The resort is newer and well staffed.

The restaurants are nice and we enjoyed our meals here. The staff will make your stay a pleasure.

The only con is that the beach is not all that beautiful.

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I am just back from Tres Rios, after having had, as usual, an excellent time. I have been going for years with good reason.

There were few minor glitches which, I understand, are being corrected. The most egregious for me, and I suspect there would be some who feel differently, was the presence of a mariachi band, complete with trumpet and off key bellowing singers in the Mexican restaurant. It was supposed to add atmosphere, but all it did was stop all intimate conversation as they noisily went from table to table looking for tips. In other retaurants there were a violinist and a flautist; and outside at the grill was a very talented saxophone player -- all playing appropriate music. Mariachis have no place in an intimate restaurant.

But I must emphasise that all things considered, this was very minor.

The staff were all very helpful. If I must single out a few, I would choose Rodrigo the mayordomo, Conrad and Cesar at the waterside, and the servers Natalia, Joaquin and Antonio.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Excellent service, exquisite good, a lot of options for a very good price, good quality on everything, highly recommended, very natural, the snorkeling teachers are the best! We can remember their names, but we enjoy a lot their company in the resort, the snorkeling and the nursery tour, they have a lot to do: another good option is the bicycle tour and fun activities every day, Fausto is a good photographer and Daniel very good lifeguard. The coffee shop and the pastry are delicious !!

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Beautiful lush jungle setting! You have your choice of swimming or snorkeling in a seawater lagoon open to the ocean (I swam with a shark) or a freshwater lagoon full of fish and tunnels. It was a great experience.