“Connecting with Nature”
Review of Tres Rios Ecopark

Tres Rios Ecopark
Ranked #27 of 158 things to do in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: This park, only 30 minutes away from the craziness of Cancun, offers horseback rides along the coast. ** NOTE: To best satisfy the needs and preferences of our visitors Tres Rios Ecopark is now temporarily closed as major improvements are underway, the park will re-open for the 2007 summer season.**
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Spent a week at Hacienda Tres Rios and it was beautiful! If you are a beach lover then this place is not for you, but if you truly enjoy hiking on trails, kayaking, snorkeling or laying at poolside; then you will not be disappointed. So many trails to hike and enjoy the scenery or animals along with many birds. Pools are fabulous and the waiters are constantly refilling your drinks. Such a beautiful place to kick back and relax! Everyone should go on the Sense Adventure which is truly amazing. Manuel was so patient with us ladies on the walk-jog-run tour since we only walked. And Alejandra, Aly to me, always spoke to me by my first name from the day of check-in. She must have quite a thing for remembering names.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

The food was excellent every day the week we stayed (3/18/17 - 3/25/17). The grounds, the pools, the quiet ambiance and ever present services were tops. Many fine wait staff bring drinks around to 3 pool areas and the beach. We especially enjoyed the stillness of the cenotes in the preserved jungle. Half a dozen different mangroves filter the wet ground and grow in a tangled web of long roots. You can walk or bike on paths through this preserved coastal jungle, enjoying the quiet and the different bird calls. No planes, no trains, no cars, well, a few cars bringing folks in and out. The sensory adventure is highly recommended. Mirza, Gerardo and Ingeborg will transport you to a place where we all come from, making you feel more alive than you have felt in years. You will renew your vows with the earth. Highlight of my week was taking a Hobie out with the most professional Cesar. He very capably managed all the boat check-outs and is very helpful. We enjoyed a screamingly delicious lobster dinner in one of the three restaurants on site: a Mexican, Italian, and Asian. The daily buffet (all inclusive and worth it), had huge variety and top chef made entrees, salads, fruit, breads, and delicious desserts. Our waiter at the Italian restaurant, Enrique Sanchez, served us very professionally and was most attentive. Our guide on a kayak trip down a 800 meter stretch of river and back was Christian, a very knowledgeable guide who let us take a snorkel and mask at the end of our paddle, and view all the exotic life in the very clear, brackish water. Most cool and refreshing, these cenotes in the jungle.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We have been going to Tres Rios since abut 2009 and while we were initially satisfied, even though we thought the 'all inclusive' per diem was excessive, they justified it by having 'top shelf' liquors. Well it's gone up. for some people. We learned that there were some there who were paying less than we were. It's something that is of little value to my wife who, in the course of two weeks, may have had a dozen alcoholic drinks including wine and mixed drinks. The maintenance of the facility has not kept this facility at it's prior quality, seeming to deteriorate each more. There has been a change of management and some things that were policy when we joined, not the same quality any more. If you get a bargain price especially with an all inclusive adjustment to less than $100, it may be worth it. An annoyance is that they will transport you into Playa Del Carmen a few miles South, but coming back, you're on your own. Their gift shop is grossly overpriced and if you stay more than one week expect the exact same entertainment on the same day of the week for each week you're there.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

My wife and I visited this resort and loved it. The peace and beauty of this resort are worth experiencing at least once. The pools and gardens are very beautiful. The resort is newer and well staffed.

The restaurants are nice and we enjoyed our meals here. The staff will make your stay a pleasure.

The only con is that the beach is not all that beautiful.

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I am just back from Tres Rios, after having had, as usual, an excellent time. I have been going for years with good reason.

There were few minor glitches which, I understand, are being corrected. The most egregious for me, and I suspect there would be some who feel differently, was the presence of a mariachi band, complete with trumpet and off key bellowing singers in the Mexican restaurant. It was supposed to add atmosphere, but all it did was stop all intimate conversation as they noisily went from table to table looking for tips. In other retaurants there were a violinist and a flautist; and outside at the grill was a very talented saxophone player -- all playing appropriate music. Mariachis have no place in an intimate restaurant.

But I must emphasise that all things considered, this was very minor.

The staff were all very helpful. If I must single out a few, I would choose Rodrigo the mayordomo, Conrad and Cesar at the waterside, and the servers Natalia, Joaquin and Antonio.