Krystal Cancun
US$386
US$324
US$189
  • Pool
The Royal Caribbean(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$136
Agoda.com
US$109
US$79
Agoda.com
5,461 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomsushi barcoco bongoall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacosbeach baran ocean view roomclubs
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family stayed at Krystal on an internet special - a great all inclusive rate and a 90 minute vacation club presentation. Allow me to discuss the positives first: Krystal's location is walking distance to malls, nightlife. Excellent staff for the Kids Club for my children. Polite staff overall, regardless of title or gender. A large clean pool overlooking ocean. Negatives: vacation club presentation was the highest pressure I have ever seen, they sent over a total of 4 sales people, using every tactic, making us feel like complete idiots the last long 30 minutes for not buying into a vacation club and went far over the agreed 90 minutes. We also had to pay under the table to get our room moved from Tower 1 to Tower 2 with an Ocean View. The room was exactly the same and some other guests we spoke to somehow managed an Ocean View at no extra charge at check-in. The food at all restaurants other than El Mortero was mediocre, same food almost everyday. Bottom line is the price is right if you are looking for a cheap getaway, but do not expect too much. A few of our favorite staff were: Archangel (makes bunnies for the kids out of cloth napkins), Denise the Director of the small but involved Kids Club activities and Luis the Lobby Bartender, a quiet hardworking guy who mixes whatever you want.

Room Tip: Be ready with an under the table tip and patience!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank DrellaB
KrystalCUN-Maitre, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent experience at The Krystal Cancun
We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced following your recent visit to our hotel.

At Krystal Cancun we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service, which in this case it appears we have failed to deliver. I apologize for the inconveniences you had with the vacation club and with the variety of foof in the restaurants.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I took our first trip to Cancun for our 8 year wedding anniversary. We went from June 22nd - 26th. Best location in hotel zone, great view, great service and tons to do. The all inclusive package also gives you options to eat off site at Senor frogs and the Hard Rock cafe, both awesome places and great food. The food and staff at the Krystal were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms in the new tower were great. There was a musty smell and a small drip under the bathroom sink, but other than that nothing wrong. Great ocean view, could literaly lay on the bed and see all of the ocean and beach. Room service included with all inclusive package, just don't touch ANYTHING in or near the mini bar (including the little cookies they have out) or you will get charged for it. Will deffinatly book at this hotel again. As far as timeshare pressure, just say no (alot) and walk away. Not as loud as people say as far as hearing the music at the night club. Also I know that it says tips are included in all inclusive, but they deffinatly appreciate $1 and they are much needed.

Room Tip: Stay in the new tower and go with the club rooms if available!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hlove20100
KrystalCUN-Maitre, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

We are delighted to have had you with us during your most recent visit to Cancun and are pleased to hear that you had pleasant experience in your holidays.

Thank you for sharing your special experience with us. however there are some issues you are mentioning and your stay did not go how we would expect (excellent). Thank you for your candid feedback on this matter...something we will correct.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2011

IMS Krystal Resorts

To whom it may concern, 7/18/2011

On June 22, I was contacted by IMS vacations or resorts in Cancun. I spoke with Ginnie a representative with IMS Krystal Resort. Ginnie was wonderful and very pleasant and helpful. Even after going to Cancun, Ginnie was very helpful helping me contact Jeff the manager at IMS. I believe Ginnie felt bad because she sold me on the vacation; I looked online at the room, read some of the satisfaction results but knew that not everyone would agree on 4 Star qualities resorts but thought how bad could it be. I knew we had to do a 90 minute presentation we agreed. My impression of this resort online was it will be a wonderful vacation and the resort looked great. NOT SO!

First we arrived on July 11th celebrating my birthday but the first night the toilet would not flush, it was stopped up and the ceiling was leaking water on the toilet while one of us was using it. The floors were dirty, there were no wash cloths; no water to drink, the furniture was out dated and very used and old. There was green mildew on the balcony walls and floors with standing water on the baloney. There was no balcony furniture and the door did not lock appropriately.

I called downstairs the next day and said I wanted to speak with the manager but was told he does not get in until 1100AM, so…a person by the name Paris met me at the front desk area, he went back to my room with us, I showed him everything and he couldn’t believe it either. He said we will move you to room 3223, lets check out the room. Not knowing the area (club was right next door) I said the room was fine. So, we moved everything again to room 3209 which was on the end of the unit, the room seemed adequate not great but adequate. About 1200am we hear this room shaking loud boom boom sounds coming from next door, a all night until 4am club. I was so upset. We were supposed to meet with someone at 900am for the 90 minute presentation, the presentation did not start until 1030am. I told this person I would never buy a timeshare here. I also asked him, why the company would put potential buyers in the oldest building they owned? I will tell you why they are greedy! We were also told they were going to demolish that building next year. I understand why. We went upstairs then I meet with this totally disgusting guy, who preceded to tell me I was wasting his time if I was not interested in buying, I told he had wasted 5 days of my life with this ridiculous offer. I also spoke to Hue and told him I did not want to stay the extra nights for $230.00 dollars a night and that they had nerve to charge me for this place I told him I wanted to be reimbursed for the extra nights. Hue called or emailed Jeff a manager with IMS and told him to reimburse me those days. I was told by Hue I would get an email and never got the email. I called Ginnie and told her I could not get a hold of Jeff; that I called him three times yesterday and twice today and he never got a call back. Some woman called me and told me I need to write all these things down and send them to the company. I told her that Jeff was aware of what was going on and she said ok and she would let him know of the call.

Again, I spoke to another front desk person, who said that only happens on Tuesday night, I said really…I had it by then…so…that night once again boom boom all night long. I went to the desk again for the 3rd time and spoke with someone. They put us in the new building but showed us a room with two double beds, a room that was a wreck and it looked like someone just left. Food was adequate, but not the quality last year we eat in Jamaica, by then I was over it. All Inclusive my Butttttt!

Lastly, I received an email from someone the night before we left from the resort that we needed to find our own transportation to the resort and they would take us back to the airport at the end of our stay. The day before we got ready to leave I tried to set up transportation with front desk, they knew nothing about it, so I went to speak with some Mexican women, she said the person who sets this up is going for the day. I said what should I do she said I don’t know, I said fine I will speak with Hue …who seems to be the American in-charge there over the resort timeshare. Well of course he was gone but there was a Mexican man who said you need to speak with some other person and he is downstairs, I went downstairs and said are you so and so he said yes …I told him the story and he spoke with the Mexican women and they made me sign something and gave me 230 pesos which was not enough for the ride to airport but no problem I paid for it gladly to get the heck out of there.

On July 20th and 21st I called Ginnie to speak with this Jeff person, who number one will not call me back, 2nd I can not respond with a voice mail because his mail box is full and has been full for a week. Once again I feel professionally this is the worst experience with a vacation resort I have ever had and will never use them again and I am like a dog with a bone I will write dissatisfaction on websites as much as possible.

I work in Management for a hospital in Maryland, do you really have any idea how many people asked us how was the resort?…lets just say those people will not be visiting your resort. This company needs to get its act together because as long as I can remember my comments about your resort will be negative and cautious to stay away. Good Luck!

Katherine Trego CRTT/BSM
Cardiopulmonary and Sleep Manager
Montgomery General Hospital
Olney Maryland 20906

Room Tip: Dirty rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
17  Thank KTrego
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Room was dirty - sand all over the floor, horrible mildew smell, stains on the sheets, soap scum on glass shower door, stains on the walls.
Room out of date - one picture hanging in entire room, chipped paint on walls, mirror badly scratched, outdated and worn/faded furniture, needs desperately updated.
Staff - one bartender for a full house, hotel has three bars but only one was open. Customers waiting upwards of 20 min for a drink. (However, bartender, Luis, was busting his butt - he did GREAT for what he had to work with!!). Staff seemed to be confused about what is available in the all inclusive package - one would say yes while another would say no. After buying the all inclusive package (which is an additional cost to the hotel stay) we were given a list of what was included in the all inclusive. The hotel repeatedly failed to give us what was included. We had to ask and explain to the staff (after showing them the list) to get what we paid for. We met with one of the "owners " of the resort during our presentation who reeked of alcohol - our presentation was at 9 am. They also refused to show us the contract unless we made a committment to buy (we were given a presentation to upgrade our membership that we had purchased in 2008). We asked three times.
Hotel is set up to get people to buy time shares - the attention given to a potential buyer is totally different than the attention given to a patron.
On a positive note - they now have a very nice beach. We were here in 2008 (when we got suckered into buying a time share) and there was no beach.

Room Tip: There are three towers, tower C is the newest and tower A is the oldest and grossest.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank timjen2003
KrystalCUN-Maitre, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us I understand that you were unhappy with the decor and condition of your accommodations and were disappointed overall with the property. I have addressed these issues with our team. Your input on the décor of your accommodations and the issue you had with the all inclusive package is greatly appreciated and will assist us as we continue to update our product.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is my second time to cancun in just over a year and both times we've stayed at Krystal. It has a superb location, right in the heart of the hotel zone and walking distance to almost everything. And then there is waking up to an amazing view from our hotel balcony, overlooking the pool, that backs right onto the beautiful beach, but this is only one half of the reason we came back. The other is that it's great value for money, especially if you book the all inclusive package, and that you get great service from friendly staff. There's even entertainment staff on had to make sure you have a great time at the hotel and advise you of the places to be if you want to head out. With all this, it's easy to see why the Krystal is definatly a good choice when heading to Cancun

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Nedisha
KrystalCUN-Maitre, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Thank you very much for your candid comments about Krystal Cancun. We are proud to see that you had an excellent stay with us. And see you enjoyed the beach and liked our location.

We hope to welcome you back to Krystal in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of the slightest assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (998) 848 98 00.