Krystal Cancun
Bookit.com
US$333
US$321
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$554/night.

US$572
US$209
US$479
US$334
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$394/night.

US$196
US$150
Travelocity
5,531 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomcoco bongosushi barall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacossenor frogsbeach baran ocean view room
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I'm a single guy that stayed 5 nights doing the all-inclusive, good pool, big wave beach, but no day times activities, no staff organise games to interact or meet other singles. One bar in the lobby that closed at 11PM and that was it, a single guy would have to spend money going to one of the local clubs costing a lot. A not bad place but I would go back single. If it's your first in cancun with some one and your going to do all the tours, it's not bad.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EDWINBRAT
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

We want to thank you for writing about Krystal Cancun in tripadvisor.

We want to know more about your suggestions regarding the activities in the hotel. In the property we daily have beach activities, in the pool, in the beach, we have games like volleyball, bingo, activities oriented for families, pool tables, ping pong tables, we even have kid camps.

As you clearly mentioned in your review our schedule for the looby bar finishes at 11pm for the all inclusive guests. but you have room service 24hrs inlcuded in your package.
The excellent location we have it's a plus for our guests to enjoy nightlife just a few steps from the hotel. Like any other destination in the world, clubs have an extra charge and are not part of the hotel.

I remain at your service in lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Thank you very much, see you soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Had a horrible experience which was made 10 times worse by hotel staff Paris Aguilar Lobby Manager. I will write the details when I have more time. Til then look at the hundreds of letters giving very bad reviews to this hotel. Staying here is not worth taking the chance of ruining your vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank CR1412

Dear guest,

Feel free to write down anything regarding the hotel or Paris Aguilar in Tripadvisor.

That's the reason to be of this website. Guest's feedbacks.

We really want to help you out and know what happen. Please, Just be more specific and detailed cause we don´t have nothing objective to work with.

Paris Aguilar Ugarte.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

To get to the point - there is great view in staying here. Night life is excellent outside the hotel and the beach is incredible. Yes, make sure you stay in the new tower because it's new and better. The food is not world class by any standard. I took the all inclusive - which if you're drinking I would recommend. Water activities are available. Overall - this location works well - as long as you are not expecting world class service or amenities.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank NewarkScubaDiver

We are delighted to have had you with us during your most recent visit to Cancun and are pleased to hear that you had pleasant experience in your holidays

Thank you for your comments about us. The location is one of the golden rules on any destination. I want to let you know as well we are renovating different points regarding foods and beverages in the hotel such as restaurants, products, menus, etc. We really take care of our guest needs and we want to give the best of the services.

See you soon! =)

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed for a week this month. I would not stay here again.For the budget concious, Krystal offers a very low budget and basic place to stay - but does offer a great beach and a basic clean place to lay your head (in the new tower at least).

The Good:
The beach was wonderful. The lobby looks nice. Our room was in the new tower and was clean, recently updated and had a beautiful ocean view and a balcony. The accommodations were very basic and the bed was not high-end but was comfortable. Overall, the new tower does offer a clean place to lay your head at the end of the day.

The restaurant staff were nice. The room service was good and seemed to offer more selection than the buffet - and the room service is available 24 hours a day.

The Bad:
The soundproofing in the rooms is horrendous. I could hear everything everyone around us was doing - everytime the neighbor went into the wall safe it sounded as if they were coming through the wall above my bed - it woke me up almost every morning. I could also hear the other neighbor simply clearing their throat - it sounded as if they were in our room! I could not believe how terrible the soundproofing was - especially considering that this part of the hotel had recently been built - must have been done on a very limited construction budget.

Most of the front desk staff were rude and unaccommodating. We dreaded having to go to them to for any reason. And dont loose your all inclusive wrist band - they will make you pay $50 usd to replace it if you cant return the broken braclet - even when it comes off while swimming and is lost in the ocean!

I was very dissapointed in the all inclusive offerings. I definately dont feel that I got my moneys worth there. Lesson learned - really research a hotels all inclusive offerings and hours before I pay for another all inclusive option.

The place seemed deserted most of the time - not much was going on at all and not many people seemed to be around. It seemed as if almost everything was closed during our stay. A couple of the pool bars were never open during our stay and the swim up bar closed at 5. Basically, only the one lobby bar and one restaurant (the buffet) were open most of the time that we were there. But everything shuts down very early - the main lobby bar closes at 11! The buffet offerings were mediocre at best and the food choices were the same every day. I dont think they put much - if any- alcohol in our drinks.

The hotels location is tricky for bus service, and getting around by bus is the simplest and cheapest (and most exciting) way to get around. But because the hotel is just past a turnoff in the road, the busses dont pass right out front of the hotel - this was very inconvenient. The nearest stop is a few blocks away and coming back is worse because the bus drops you off in an area where you have to cross two streets and go through an alleyway and then walk another few blocks to get back to the hotel.

If the staff were more welcoming and even half of the facilities stayed open, I MIGHT consider staying here again - as the beach is wonderful, but unfortunately, I would not risk a future vacation by giving this place another try. I will instead pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Critney

Thank you for choosing Krystal Cancun. It was a pleasure having you with us during your recent visit to Cancun.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the lapse of service you experienced during your visit. I understand that the taste of the food or drinks were not good for you. I have addressed your comments with our executive chef. As a mather of fact we have been changing different menus and buffet's. Also anything you ask to the waiters to be prepared be assured they will do the best they can to assist you.

Regarding the operation of the bars. they have different schedules of operation every day. But we have never closed even for a day any of them.

Please feel free to contact me for any information. Truly want to help you out on different incidents you mentioned on your review. lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Our arrival at Cancun terminal three was delayed till after eight in the evening due to an mysterious airplane mechanical(?) trouble at Dallas. As soon as we left the door of the security section, we saw more than twenty people (salesmen) on the right hand side of the arrival hall in the same uniform each touting free valuable information, giving you the impression that they are from some quasi government or industry offered services. We paid no attention to these people and bought our transfers at the counter on the left hand side of the arrival hall.

Having bought the transfer tickets, we were looking for direction for the purchased transport. Then one of these salesmen approached us as if showing our way to the transport. We turned back at the lady who sold us the tickets. She signaled it's OK to follow this guy. However, this guy led us to the right hand side of the arrival hall and began his sales talk. The main theme was luring us to Krystal Hotel where there is a promotion, providing free breakfast and full refund of whatever transfers we had bought, plus half price on all excursions (including the famous Chichen Itza, Tulum, Xcaret tours etc), in exchange for a 45 minutes talk.

We already sensed this must be a time sharing sale. But the guy would not give up and kept on persuading. We left home at five early morning and were very tired. At long last, we were persuaded to pay a USD30 deposit to reserve our seats at the breakfast meeting the following day. He not only insisted that the deposit is fully refundable, but have all the promises written on the receipt. He would meet us at the bus stop outside the Royal Sands Resort where we would be staying (as he would not be permitted by the hotel staff to go inside the hotel lobby).

When we were in our resort room, we rethought the whole process and found the deposit very strange. Then we googled on the internet and saw angry feed backs from people unhappy with their purchase on timeshare on this hotel; two of whom settled with the hotel on condition of deleting their comments on the forum . We did not go for the breakfast and considered the 30 dollars as the price we paid to get away from their sales desk at the airport. It is very easy to fall victim to scams like this when you are very tired after a days travelling from your hometown to a strange place, especially all this took place inside the arrival hall.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple