5,717 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packagecoco bongoclub roomsushi barall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacosbeach barflea marketsenor frogs
Reviewed 3 March 2012

A group of University friends and I went to Kyrstal for our reading week. It is a 3 minute walk away from the main strip in Cancun (bars, restaurants, market, malls). Beautiful beach, and was always very, very clean especially considering the spring-break nature of the week. Juan the bartender was especially fantastic throughout the whole week, he was a very prompt server and overly friendly; everyone loved him and he made our trip and our stay at Krystal very enjoyable!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you so much for staying at Krystal Cancun during your recent visit to Cancun.

We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

I will let know Juan and his managers about these comments. We recognize the hard and good work of our staff.

Hurry Back to Cancun!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I arrived there expecting to have one of the best experiences of Cancun, but I found the placed was packed and in personal. The attention at the front desk was average compared to other all inclusive hotels. The rooms was less than average for such a price, looked like the hotel was old but with some arrangements to make it look new. The bathroom was not clean enough, some hair and spots where found in the mirror. In the room drinking water was not provided. I had some problem with the TV remote and had to call 4 times to get it solved. The sound proof of the rooms was bad, i could hear my neighbor snoring all night long, looked like he/she was next to me!
I have been in other all inclusive hotels around the area where i felt more comfortable.
The location of the hotel is great, close to malls and clubs. The pool and external facilities are good. The hotel is overrated for the price it charges because of the conditions they keep their rooms.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room facing the street, you will hear the clubs noise all night long.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank yulliel

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay you experienced with us.

We have reviewed your constructive comments with Management team, in order to prevent incidents of this nature from occurring in the future. All feedback on the hotel is taken quite seriously and we strive to improve our standards at all times.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues with you further and may be reached directly at lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Great staff!!!!! BIG Props to miguel at the lobby bar! Room was exactly like the photos on their web site(exactly). Got a little party noise from the clubs down the street, you get used to it. It is not that loud.
The place is under constant improvements, not construction. The staff is always cleaning and polishing, the place looks awesome!
Food is good, not great. you will not starve. could use more salads.
drinks are a little strong, lucky i'm a beer drinker.

Room Tip: Higher floors = Less party noise A few small tips go a long way.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for choosing Krystal Cancun. It was a pleasure having you with us during your recent visit to Cancun. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays with us is a most pleasant and memorable one.
I will share your kind comments with our staff as they strive daily to exceed the expectations of our guests.

As well, i want to thank you for your comments regarding the taste of the food. I will check this review directly with our executive chef... =)

Hurry Back!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Everything was good except for the constant renovation work during the entire time we were there. On Friday day night they worked throughout the night.

Paris the public relations guy for Krystal that comments on tripadvisor, told us that he would have special amenities brought to the room for our 20th anniversary but it never happened.

The good: food, room service, ocean view, the beach

The not so good; The 18 hour per day renovations, so bad we had to sleep with the patio door closed, which defeated the purpose of having an ocean view room. Rooms in the older tower show signs of wear.

I would go back but spend a few bucks more and request a room in the newer tower and would go with the Krystal Club upgrade.

Room Tip: Krystal club rooms in the newer tower or 7th & 8th story rooms in the older tower.
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I had just returned from the Krystal Cancun(Feb 18 to Feb 25), just to let everybody know we have been to Cancun 6 times since 1987 and the first time we stayed in the Punta Cancun area was at the Hyatt, I got to say this area has changed a lot since 1987 it is extremely busy, dirty and uninviting in some areas, completely different from 25 years ago but anything and everything you may want can be had in this area and I mean anything, I was approached many times to purchase Pot and Cocaine. I am not naïve to this happening I just didn’t think I still looked like the type of guy that would be interested, it was the same 25 years ago but I also was 25 years younger and maybe interested. We had a club tower room on the 8th floor, the view was the best I have ever had on any vacation, room was average and not very sound proof I would wake up a couple times a night from the kid next door crying or the spring breakers coming back from the clubs at 3 a.m. whooping it up in the hallway, I wish I still had their energy. We did get the expected “welcome to the hotel” phone call, which is their way to try and entice you into a timeshare meeting, I simply said no thank you and hung up the phone, immediately after the phone rang again I tried just ignoring it but after about 3 or 4 minutes I pulled the phone cord from the wall, I didn’t hear the phone ring for the rest of the week. The first thing I did was go to the corner store and bought a cooler, ice, coke, water, beer and juices and kept it stocked all week, its best to buy a bag of ice every other day or you’ll find yourself making many trips down to the lobby bar to fill your cooler with the small ice bucket they give you. We didn’t do the all-inclusive and are glad we didn’t, the only meals we ate at the hotel was from room service at night and this was about every night, the hamburgers, pasta, seafood soup, chicken and chicken Cesar salad are good. One mistake we made was to eat at the hotel’s restaurant (EL MORTERO RESTAURANT), again, we did not do the all-inclusive so we had to pay full price, we ordered a Porter House Steak $30 with Asparagus $7 and a Rib Eye $26 with mashed Potato $6 and two Salads $8 and a couple of drinks $14 and $15 tip = $96. We could not cut the steaks with our knife, these were the toughest, stingiest steaks I had ever had, there was not one grill mark on either of the steaks, it looked and tasted as if it was microwave or steamed, needless to say we didn’t eat the steak, we left a tip, paid and chalked it up as a loss. There are a lot of restaurants close to the hotel that are much better, we tried VIP’S across the street for breakfast and it wasn’t bad (2 people and tip $20). All the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful even though they were pressed to their limits with all the drunken spring breakers, it turns out that this hotel is one of a few spring break central locations in Cancun. This, be leave it or not was the highlight of our trip, as soon as the pool bars opened the party was on and it seemed within 2 hours most of these kids could not walk straight and from our 8th floor balcony it proved to be one heck of a show, it would get extremely comical watching the future of America and Canada stumbling, falling and vomiting all over the place. Been there done that, it brought back memories or at least what I could remember. Just to let everybody know the Bull Dog Night Club is not open, one morning we walked out of the hotel and went to cut thru the Bull Dog parking lot and found ourselves in the middle of a raid on this building, about a dozen heavily armed (M4 or M16 machine guns) Mexican military looking guys dressed in black face masks, helmets and bullet proof vests ran past us and surrounded this building. Don’t ask me what it was all about; I got the hell out of there and back into the hotel until the coast was clear (The Bull Dog was already closed down prior to this). Bottom line, this was a nice resort for the money and I would think about coming back again only not during spring break, don’t get me wrong the kids didn’t bother me besides it was their time and they waited all year for that trip, I should had done my home work and realized that this hotel was a hot spot for spring break. If I was young again and doing spring break you would find me at the Krystal Cancun Hotel.

Room Tip: Club Tower room 8th floor
2  Thank Rishaw

Muchas gracias for your review in tripadvisor.

I see you liked the hotel, the beach and the location and you had a good time in Cancun.

I read your review and there are some notes distants from the hotel services.

Personally, I checked with the manager at Haciendo el Mortero Restaurant and we don't have any report of a guest paying for food and leaving the main courses and walking out from the property.

We will be more than happy assisting you out on this matter...Sincerely, Paris Aguilar

lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com