Krystal Cancun
US$198
  • Beachfront
US$405
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$555/night.

US$394
US$193
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 59% below average rates

The price you found is 59% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$471/night.

US$341
US$209
  • Pool
The Royal Islander All Suites Resort(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$85
Agoda.com
US$175
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

5,535 results
All reviewsel morterotower bnew towerall inclusive packageclub roomcoco bongosushi barall inclusive plannight lifemariachi bandbeautiful beachduring spring breakhotel zonefish tacossenor frogsbeach baran ocean view room
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed for 8 days, 7 nights at the Krystal Cancun Hotel. Our rooms were in the new tower (luck of the draw ? ) as opposed to the older one. The rooms were nice and clean with a balcony that had two chairs and a small table. The view was beautiful. Our only complaint was the noisy room next door, where 4 kids who must have thought that it was still spring break would party all night long. Oh, also the water pressure in our shower was very weak. Other than those two items, everything was more than we expected. The beach has been expanded with tons of white sand, and the water was perfect to swim in. They even have lifeguards on duty. We chose the all-inclusive, and as they go, this was what we would have expected, or even a little better due to a program that allowed you to pick up a voucher in the evening for several restaurants , including El Mortelo, Rainforest Cafe, Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood and others. You can eat from a limited selection at these places or pay a little more for including lobster or prime cuts.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kjs3822
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I have just returned yesterday, August 3rd, from a 6 days vacation in Cancun. This was my second visit to Cancun due to the lovely experience in our first visit. I decided to put my review the first thing after my arrival. DONT THINK OF GOING TO KRYSTAL HOTEL for the following reasons. First, the rooms and even the corridors have a very strange stinky smell. Second, the hotel is not all inclusive as they mention. For example you cannot order a bottle of water, moreover you will find in the restaurants restrictions on most of the things in the menu, saying that these things are not included in the "all inclusive package". Third, the quality of the food and drinks is very poor and the variety is limited. Forth, the service everywhere in the hotel is very poor. Fifth, water is dropping everywhere in the restaurant of the hotel as well as in the corridors. Sixth, there are no means of entertainment what so ever at night for the kids. Seven, there is no service at all provided by the hotel on the beach. Eight, it is very normal that the hot water could be cut from the rooms at night.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank mshinawy
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My wife and I just got back from the Krystal a week ago and we cannot describe how amazing the beaches were. The beach restoration project completed in December I believe was clearly a success as I have never been to a whiter cleaner and LARGER beach anywhere in the Caribbean. Food was good, cant complain about any of the meals we had as there was a great deal of variety every day and night. The service was also good, friendly staff all of whom were well versed in English and Spanish of course. The rooms were also spacious, however my wife and I did not spend a whole lot of time there as we could not get away from the lovely weather and scenery at the resort. All in all a fantastic experience, can't wait to return in October. Thanks to all the staff (especially our favorite bartender Miguel) for making our trip so relaxing during this much needed vacation. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZacharyAndPamela
Reviewed 30 July 2010

First off - yes, the rooms are a little damp and yes, it is a very windy location. Well guess what - it's Mexico! High humidity region, and right on the ocean. Dampness and wind are a given there - if you can't deal with that, then Mexico is not for you.

I'm going to stand up for the Krystal since a lot of people seemed to have complained about it. I just got back from an 8 night stay there, and for the price my friend and I paid, we were thoroughly impressed with the place. The most noticeable thing about our stay was the exceptionally great service and kind staff that we came across. I did not walk past a single staff member all week that didn't greet me with a smile and hello (or "hola"!), and/or try to crack jokes with me. I think they loved the fact that we were from Canada, since it's "so far away!" as they would say, it was pretty funny. Notable people included Yazmin (front desk staff - she was at that desk every single day we were there, with no day off - and still always had a smile on her face). Julio (our bell boy) - very friendly and was always happy to help. Our room safe wasn't working properly - we mentioned it to Julio, he came up himself and had it fixed in less than 5 minutes. We blew a breaker in the room and lost electricity - again, we called the front desk, and they had somebody up within 5 minutes to reset our breaker - no issues. Our room was always cleaned on time daily, and had no issues with that. Bottles of water were always replaced as promised, and happily gave us extra hangers upon request.

We stayed in the new tower, and asked for a more quiet room away from the bar noise, which they gave us (the quieter area is the end closer to the old tower). So make note of that if noise is bothersome for you! Our view was spectacular - could not ask for anything better. Upon walking along the beach, the Krystal in my opinion by far had the nicest beach area, and was the nicest looking resort on that end of the strip (in terms of pool, etc.). Check out the rocky area to the left end of the beach (when facing the ocean) - beautiful rock formations and a huge walk out area into the ocean. Look for tiny little tropical fish in the tidal pools in the rocks also.

Excellent location overall - super close walking distance to everything you could want - shopping, restaurants, bars, you name it. Of course, there's always taxis and the bus if you prefer that also. The weather can change extremely quickly - don't forget to pack an umbrella if you want to do some exploring on foot! We got caught in a bad rain storm one day - thank god a bus just happened to be driving by at that moment!

The food was fine - it was a buffet, so nothing spectacular but certainly not at all bad either. If you're not overly picky about food, it will do you fine for the week. The breakfast selection in particular was great - eggs, sausages, french toast, hasbrowns, pastries, fruit juices, etc. If you're doing the upgraded all-inclusive, take advantage of the dine-out program - free meals and/or discounts at places like Carlos 'n Charlies, Senor Frogs, Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, and more. We ate out every night we were there, and paid little or nothing for all our dinners because of it (we just had to pay tips). Try the Hacienda El Mortero next door (another free meal) - good atmosphere, mariachi band, friendly waiters. I had the pancho villa salmon which was really good :).

The pool area was nice, and there were plenty of loungers - no fighting for one. I can't say I spent a huge amount of time in the pool though, as the beach and ocean were so gorgeous, that I preferred that instead. If you've upgraded to a Club room, check out the rooftop pool on top of the old tower - a small pool with a few loungers, and an amazing view. Perfect if you're looking for something a bit quieter away from the main pool area. Talk to the lady named Patricia in the lounge up there (you have to walk through it to get up to the roof). Extremely nice lady, and very accommodating.

As for tours, we did the Chichen Itza group tour - good value for the money (an all-day excursion), and really good host named Ugo (?). Long bus ride to get there (2 hours or so?), but well worth seeing. We did the bar-leaping tour which took us to Congo, Senor Frog's, then ended at Coco Bongo. Again, really fun night and well worth the price (and all within 5-10 minutes walking distance from the Krystal). We also went to the Wet 'n Wild water park and I chose to do the dolphin encounter at Dolphinarus too (again, very cool!). All tours were reasonably priced for what you got in return.

Overall, for a 3.5 star rating - that's what this hotel is - it's middle of the road, nothing super fancy, but far from being a dive, as others on here have called it. I don't understand how people can be so negative and picky about a resort that is filled with fantastic staff, has a beautiful ocean view, and is in a great location. I think it's all in your attitude and how you choose to look at things. Our trip wasn't completely flawless, but we still had a good time regardless :).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank tropicalbeachy
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I booked this trip for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We read some mixed reviews about the resort, but decided to book anyways. We booked on a special for $399 and had to attend a membership meeting the first full day we were there. We paid $40 ahead of time for the hotel to pick us up at the hotel. 2 days before our departure the hotel contacted me to go over the flight details. When we arrived (Mon Jul 12) no one was there to pick us up. We had to call the hotel twice. After waiting for a hour someone finally showed up. He ran over from the other side of the airport telling us the hotel told him the wrong terminal information. He was more apologetic then the hotel was. When we arrived to the hotel, about 25 minutes from the airport, we were greeted by the bell hops who helped with our bags. Check in went smoothly, and were then greeted by another lady, Karen, who got us drinks and apologized for the flight mix up.

The morning of our first full day we attended the meeting. Its 90 minutes long. Had breakfast, taken on a small tour, then to another room where they told us more. It's not for everyone. We chose to buy. If anyone is interested to know more they can message me.

Being the hotel is AI or non AI you do have to give the waitstaff your room number and bracelet number. If your not AI you still give your room number as they charge directly to the room (just like on a cruise) This didn't bother us. We found the staff to be very friendly. The waiters were nice. There was only one time in the main restaurant where we didn't get any help. It didn't bother us too much as we just had the buffett. We did get stopped on the way out to give our bracelet numbers (they're good at getting that). We never did have a waitress come by on the beach or pool. There were 2 around at all times. The resort wasn't busy at all as it was off season, so there were never any lines at the bars. I didn't mind getting my own drinks.

The hotel is the oldest in the Hotel Zone, so it does show it's age in the old tower. The new tower is beautiful. Our room was always cleaned by noon. There was one afternoon we were still in it, and the front desk called and asked if we wanted it made up. We thought that was nice.

The food is okay... It's not GREAT, but it's not BAD. We found that ordering off the menu was much better than the buffet. We did order room service 3 nights and had our food within 30 minutes. We went to the El Mortez restaurant once. You have to make reservations the day of. The food is great, but if your AI there are only a FEW choices you get. We made reservations for 7pm and the place was empty. We were the only ones in there until about 7:45. They open at 6.

Our room was good. No problems. It's a room and we were hardly in it. The mini bar is not included in the AI. They do keep the coffee in the mini bar, and I called to see if that was included. They said yes. I only made coffee once. You get one free BIG bottle of water in your room a day. If you're AI it doesn't matter. Drink all the water you want! The shower was hot and the pressure was good. We did meet someone who had a few things wrong wtih his air and clock, but he said the staff fixed that within 1 hour of him complaining.

We didn't know until our last night that with our AI package we could get into the night club Bull Dog for free and had drink coupons.. Now we know for next time. The new tower is connected to this club, so we heard some people say there was noise, but not too bad. All the other clubs were $30-$50 covercharge and all you could drink. We never went.

Beach is huge!! There was only 1 area to swim though and that was very crowded. You can only swim where there is a life gaurd and there only to be one on duty every day. There were about 3 hotels worth of people swimming in the same area. No one was walking down the beack trying to sell you stuff or to get you on jetskies, which we liked.

Overall, it was a relaxing vacation. We enjoyed it very much. Location of the resort is great. Pool is huge and only one with a deep end. Close to the market, short bus ride into town, and walking distance to the shopping center, all the clubs, and great restaurants. We would go back here. We do want to go to the Krystal in Puerto Vallarta with our membership though!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple