“Amazing experience thanks to chef Peter and his family and staff”

Peter's Restaurante
Ranked #23 of 1,329 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Robalo y sierra
Description: AT THIS TIME PLEASE SUPPORT US PURCHASING A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO GET US THROUGH THIS UNCERTAIN ECONOMIC PERIOD. CAN BE USED TILL END 2021. THANK YOU !! Peter's Restaurant...Where flavors & feeling meet...Peter really likes and wants to Cook and please his guests with a memorable dinner in a cozy setting with personal attention from himself, his wife Claudia and son Eder. Small, cozy restaurant where one feels at home while enjoying an excellent dinner. Interesting menu with a different flair in dishes and preparations, Good Wine list with also options by the glass. Chef Peter, Dutch born spent most of his life cooking in a variety of restaurants ( with among those several Michelain Star rewarded ) in several countries in Europe & Caribbean before settling in Mexico, where first in Mexico City and then in 2010 in Cancun opened his own restaurant to please your pallet and offer you a memorable dinner with excellent food & service.
Reviewed 2 December 2019

We were in Cancun for the night and found that Peters was close to where we were staying. It was our last night in Mexico and it turns out we couldn’t have picked a better spot. As we also work in the restaurant business it was great that the chef took his time to come to our table to talk and explain his style of cooking and dishes. The food was amazing and chef peter, his staff and family were delightful. We arrived fairly late and despite this he greeted us and told us to stay. The salmon was truly one of a kind, and the foie gras melted in your mouth. Hospitality was unparalleled. Even after we left the restaurant Peter came out to make sure we weren’t walking home in the rain. 10/10 would recommend!!!

Sam & Kelsi

3  Thank Sam B
Write a reviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 24 November 2019

We went with a small group of friends to this quiet little restaurant and had the best meal we've had in cancun yet! I had the smoked salmon, my husband the brisket and they were both Fantastic. Excellent flavor, beautiful presentation and generous portion. We also tried the Ginger coconut lemongrass soup which was a delicious way to start the meal. Our friends had the lamb, the fish, the shrimp tortilla, and the venison (a special of the night) and it was all equally delicious. Would highly recommend this wonderful little gem of a restaurant, and I would suggest making a reservation in advance because it is small, but it's nice because it maintains an ambiance that is quiet and private.

2  Thank BethanyVC
Reviewed 16 November 2019

While in Cancun Peters was recommended. We enjoyed our meal. I just feel bad I thought my husband put the tip on our charge and he thought I left cash.

1  Thank sindybw
Reviewed 15 November 2019 via mobile

Great place, lovely food, attentive service, get yourselves along there, when youre visiting Cancun.

Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

Had dinner for two after a harrowing afternoon in Cancun. I almost lost my appetite after a run in with the local gendarmes.

My wife had the salmon. It looked perfect. I had pork ribs that were meaty and nicely served. They even brought a finger bowl to rinse my fingers. We had smoked turkey breast as an appetizer.

Both of our dishes came with mashed potatoes and sautéed vegetables. Both were very good.

Service was wonderful and Peter stopped by our table twice to chat and to see if we liked the food. We passed on desert although I was really covering the poached pear.

So why four stars and not five? I thought the menu was a bit limited. There were plenty of great sounding appetizers but fewer entrees. There were several steaks to round out the menu.

The restaurant was easy to find with a GPS.

3  Thank dmount2001