“Always wonderful”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Robalo y sierra
Description: AT THIS TIME PLEASE SUPPORT US PURCHASING A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO GET US THROUGH THIS UNCERTAIN ECONOMIC PERIOD. CAN BE USED TILL END 2021. THANK YOU !! Peter's Restaurant...Where flavors & feeling meet...Peter really likes and wants to Cook and please his guests with a memorable dinner in a cozy setting with personal attention from himself, his wife Claudia and son Eder. Small, cozy restaurant where one feels at home while enjoying an excellent dinner. Interesting menu with a different flair in dishes and preparations, Good Wine list with also options by the glass. Chef Peter, Dutch born spent most of his life cooking in a variety of restaurants ( with among those several Michelain Star rewarded ) in several countries in Europe & Caribbean before settling in Mexico, where first in Mexico City and then in 2010 in Cancun opened his own restaurant to please your pallet and offer you a memorable dinner with excellent food & service.
Reviewed 16 March 2020

If you come to Cancun and don't visit Peter's Restaurant, you have missed a treat. The menu choices are great, the drinks are wonderful and desserts terrific. We go to Cancun in the winter every year and go to Peter's at least once a week. There are a lot of nice restaurants in Cancun, and though there are many great choices, I have to say that Peter's has been my number one choice in Cancun ever since I went there the first time. If there is a veal special on the menu, you should get it, but everything is good. I had the tamarind ribs for the first time this year, and they were excellent. The smoked salmon entree is always excellent. The appetizers are also very good and I recommend the truffle mushroom ravioli. In addition to the great food, Claudia and Peter, the owners are wonderful people and Peter will come to your table to check on you, while Claudia keeps things going in the dining room. Don't miss this Cancun jewel.

2  Thank Ralph B
Write a reviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed 14 March 2020

My wife and I enjoyed our visit to Peter's Restaurante very much. It's a smaller restaurant, so the ambiance is cozy and intimate. This is a nice respite from all the largesse of Cancun's hotel zone. The food was great (the pork ribs with a tamarind sauce were particularly delicious). Service was spot on, and Peter thanked us as we were leaving.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank Chuckwp
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

You would miss this place If you weren't looking for it, luckily I was. I called and was able to get a last minute reservation for 9 pm. Peter's probably had 1 of the nicest atmospheres I've ever experienced. It is a small restaurant with only about 9 tables and real flowers as centerpieces. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I had the mushroom ravioli and it was so amazing. I probably could have just ordered more of that and been happy. However I ordered the lamb and it very tender and flavorful. My date ordered the ribeye and really enjoyed it. I really wanted to try the dessert but I was so full so I couldn't. We went to several nice restaurants on our trip and Peter's was by far the best atmosphere and food. I highly recommend. Be sure to call ahead as it is a small restaurant.

2  Thank 175britnis
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Been coming to Cancun for 30 years and never have I had a meal of this caliper. I am so happy that we were finally able to get to this restaurant. Need to make reservations several months in advance since the restaurant is small & only holds 10-12 tables. The food is outstanding, I had the lamb tenderloin which I had never heard of before and it was amazing & the portions we’re plenty big, I ended up taking one of my lamb tenderloins home. I totally recommend this restaurant for anyone traveling to Cancun who would Ike to enjoy the downtown area, & dine at a fine restaurant. Place your reservations well in advance of your trip to Cancun!!!

2  Thank bplac1
Reviewed 22 February 2020

Excellent food and selection. Great service. A/C...no mosquitoes! Totally enjoyed our experience and will return!

1  Thank travellinggrannylove