“The very best in Cancun!”

Peter's Restaurante
Ranked #25 of 1,364 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Robalo y sierra
Description: AT THIS TIME PLEASE SUPPORT US PURCHASING A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO GET US THROUGH THIS UNCERTAIN ECONOMIC PERIOD. CAN BE USED TILL END 2021. THANK YOU !! Peter's Restaurant...Where flavors & feeling meet...Peter really likes and wants to Cook and please his guests with a memorable dinner in a cozy setting with personal attention from himself, his wife Claudia and son Eder. Small, cozy restaurant where one feels at home while enjoying an excellent dinner. Interesting menu with a different flair in dishes and preparations, Good Wine list with also options by the glass. Chef Peter, Dutch born spent most of his life cooking in a variety of restaurants ( with among those several Michelain Star rewarded ) in several countries in Europe & Caribbean before settling in Mexico, where first in Mexico City and then in 2010 in Cancun opened his own restaurant to please your pallet and offer you a memorable dinner with excellent food & service.
Reviewed 7 March 2021

This is a place that deserves your support to recover from Covid. Every part of our visit was perfect--the food, the drinks, the staff, the owner. They are VERY health conscious and it was completely safe to be there.

I couldn't get the hogfish since the duck breast special was calling me! And Key Lime pie comes with an accompaniment of lime sorbet with a little tequila thrown in.

My husband tried the camembert/poached pear dessert which was also unique, along with the chefs special coffee--they add in as much vanilla bean soaked brandy as you want.

All in all, an experience we will be repeating when we are back in Cancun.

Date of visit: March 2021
Peter Houben, Chef at Peter's Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Thank you very much for sharing your experience!
It was great getting to know you especially as you travel the world, eat in many many restaurants and rate us among the very best ever..! We hope to serve you again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 23 February 2021

Had wonderful meal, service was individualized and Peter came and thanked us. Definitely a meal to enjoy.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank A8635VOsharons
Reviewed 19 February 2021 via mobile

I rate this up there with Les Cepages Restaurant. Chef is gifted and wait staff attentive. I loved my porcini chicken as well as the duck. Chocolate Mouse was the best ever!

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank JulieandCary
Reviewed 8 February 2021

Every year we visit Peter's at least twice and sometimes 3 times over a 3 week period. There are a lot of excellent restaurants in Cancun, but in my opinion, Peter's is in the top 5 every year. Peter's has taken excellent precautions to deal with the Corona virus. You come in and wash your hands before being allowed to enter and your temperature is also taken. The tables are separated by partitions. The lamb on the menu and the salmon are always favorites. I like the mushroom ravioli appetizer as well and we almost always get this. My recommendation is that if there is a veal special, get it. You will thank me later. I wish the veal marsala was still on the menu, but usually there is some veal. Other dishes are excellent as well. Never had a bad meal here. Chef Peter and his wife, Claudia are lovely people and will visit with you during the meal to see if you are happy. The Claudia Salad (named after her) is well worth a taste. Two can easily share one salad. The desserts are also great. Don't think you can do wrong at Peter's.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank Ralph B
Reviewed 2 February 2021 via mobile

We eat there once a week when in Cancun. I had the salmon and the veal on the 21st and 28th of Jan. FANTASTIC!! Great food, nice people and great atmosphere!!!

Date of visit: January 2021