“Really fun experience”
Review of Taboo Cancun

Taboo Cancun
Ranked #52 of 1,415 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Description: By Grupo RosaNegra® A unique space, a gathering place where food becomes an art object and a transcendent experience. Taboo Restaurant adopts Mediterranean food as a lifestyle. We use fresh and original ingredients in extraordinary ways, with the main focus being on purity, authenticity, and reinterpretation of iconic Mediterranean recipes.
Reviewed 26 January 2021

First off, the atmosphere in the restaurant is bar none. The decor is absolutely beautiful and the views of the sunset are incredible. The servers are very attentive, and there is a DJ that plays at nighttime. It is a rather loud restaurant with the music, which we enjoyed but may not be everyone's favorite way to dine. I would say it's particularly great for groups and for celebrations. We had the Greek meatballs and mussels as appetizers which were super flavorful. The tuna tartar and branzino carpaccio were outstanding. It is rather pricey, but I think you pay for the atmosphere. Alajandro took excellent care of us. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank limboly
Joshua C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Taboo Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2021

Dear limboly,

Thank you very much for allowing us to read your great comments regarding your recent visit to Taboo Cancun, it was a pleasure to have hosted you on this occasion.

We would love to see you soon to keep creating wonderful moments with you, see you next time in paradise.

Write a reviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 25 January 2021

We had dinner reservation for my birthday tonight and after a bad experience last night at Rosa Negra I was a little skeptical to come here knowing they are part of the same group. Roxanne Negra group. However Taboo restaurant it is definitely number one in Cancun. We stay at the Ritz Carlton,And the first three nights we had dinner in our hotel restaurants and the service was perfect.But then we wanted to go out in Cancun and try all their high-end restaurants. We started with Harris and then we went to Porfirios and then Rosa Negra, and tonight Taboo.
Hands-down the best was Taboo,In terms of service, entertainment, food, and attention from all their stuff. Very attentive and very friendly staff. I cannot say the same thing about the Rosa Negra restaurant where The servers were not very attentive, nor the managers. However tonight the Johnny manager at Taboo Changed our opinion, and he showed us what it means real service and friendliness. He was there every step of the dinner, and he passed by our table the whole night just to make sure that we are happy and everything it’s perfect. The server Jesus and the boss boy Edoardo were more than perfect. Great service from them, and I’ll definitely recommend them. In fact I just made a new reservation the day after tomorrow And we are looking forward to see them again. Tomorrow night we will be at Ilios which is one of their competition restaurants,But I just want to make sure that I get to have dinner at least one night in all the best restaurants in Cancun. Again for me taboo it is number one in the hole cancun, and I will definitely recommend it to my friends and I will definitely be back. In fact next month I will be earth Taboo in Tulum and I’m looking forward to see if the service and the entertainment is the same.
Thank you again to Johnny, Jesus, and Edoardo for a perfect birthday dinner.

1  Thank ADINALAURA1
Joshua C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Taboo Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Dear Adina laura,

Thank you very much for sharing such kind comments on this platform, knowing your experience is one of the most important things for us at Taboo Cancun.

We hope you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations and pampering your palate, we will be waiting for you.

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

I went here to celebrate my birthday. Hands down the best experience I have ever had in Cancun. It is a very nice atmosphere with music, a saxophonist, and violinist. A great place to have a nice dinner and have fun. The service was phenomenal and the food was impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Latrice03

Dear Latrice S,

Thank you very much for sharing your great comments with us, it was a pleasure to received you recently at Taboo Cancun.

We hope to be able to host you once again to please your palate and all your sense once again.

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Just returned from a five night trip to Cancun. We ate at five fantastic restaurants but this one finished at the top of my list. The atmosphere and entertainment were amazing. Keep in mind it does get loud so if that’s not your thing you may want to go early as our reservation was at 8:00 and the entertainment was in full swing when we arrived. They have a very creative cocktail list-loved the alchemist. The branzino was delicious as well. Great service was provided by Yordi and Danny. Hope to make it back to Cancun and this incredible restaurant.

1  Thank dgezelle

Dear dgezelle,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments with us, it was a pleasure to have you with us on this magnificent evening.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you very soon, let us continue to delight all your senses.

Reviewed 18 January 2021

Our first dinner in Cancun this week was delicious. We enjoyed the view, food, and Yordi and Migol provided excellent service.

1  Thank bowmanadam
Joshua C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Taboo Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Dear bowmanadam,

We greatly appreciate your kind opinion, it has been an honor to have received you at Taboo Cancun.

We hope to receive you very soon and that you allow us to delight your palate with the most exquisite dishes and the most delicious cocktails while exceeding all your expectations.