“The best Cancun hotel I ever visited” 5 of 5 bubbles

CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort
Ranked #15 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“The best Cancun hotel I ever visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I had a very good experience staying in CasaMagna Cancun in March 2012. The hotel's lobby and common areas are very classy. Our room on the 3rd floor was quite spacious, with bathroom in the perfect condition, and a large balcony. The service is very responsive - if they have it, it's yours for asking. We asked for bath robes; for lounge chairs for the balcony (they were missing); for turn-down service at 9 p.m. (it's optional), and everything was furnished and arranged for promptly.

You can check out as many beach towels as you need (to me this is an ultimate sign of a high-class hotel in Cancun), and there are so many palapas on the beach that nobody has a problem finding a shade, no matter when they show up at the beach.

The bar is very-very good! Cocktails they make are delicious, and the food offering is above average: generous portions of ceviche, shrimps, fajitas, hot dog with fires, and more; we would order one portion for two of us for lunch, and this was always enough.

Last time in Cancun we stayed at Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, which is a 5-star hotel. While it was ok, there were definitely problems, like awful cocktails (see my review on TripAdvisor). I must say that the 4-star CasaMagna in my view easily tops Fiesta Americana. I highly recommend it!

One thing I noticed there is that the pool area is on a smaller side. We are beach people and don't use the pool, but if the pool is important to you, take a look at it's pictures and decide for yourself. You can always use the huge continuous pool at the adjacent JW Marriott property as an alternative.

Again, overall, CasaMagna gets my top-most rating!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kastorka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Hebrew first
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We divided our stay into 3 days at Casamagna and 2 days at Liveaqua. I felt that the hot tub at Casamagna is awesome because it is right next to the beach and is less crowded compared to the one at Aqua. Room was not that great though.

We were not in the hotel during daytime as we were visiting Chichen Itza and others but at nights, the beach at Casamagna is lighted (this too unlike aqua where it is pitch dark in the night on beach and I was scared to take a stroll ) and feels serene!

All in all great resort for families and couples + it is well within budget!

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for upgrade to ocean front room. Most of the rooms are ocean view and have a pr...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spolamr p
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I think most of the comments here are a very accurate indication of what you can expect during your stay at Casa Magna.

PROS
- great value compared to similar 4 Diamond hotels in Cancun
- professional and friendly staff
- impressive lobby and common areas
- rooms on 3rd floor have huge balcony
- gorgeous beachfront
- Aquaworld located onsite
- adequate pool area
- comfortable rooms and bed
- great location for getting beer, groceries across the street...and close to bus stop
- beach and pool chairs extremely comfortable
- helpful concierge service

CONS
- again, no coffee in room...if management reads these reviews, you would think they would want to change this quickly.
- i understand many families in this resort, but how about making the hot tub adults only...kids have the whole pool, they don't need the hot tub too
- would like to see more trees and/or greenery around the pool area, just alot of concrete
- would like to also see more social activities offered for adults, it was pretty darn quiet after 6pm at the hotel
- never ate at the hotel, drinks and food too cost prohibitive

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floors have extended balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank healsea
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I travel a lot for business and I am fortunate to stay in many top class hotels. This is our second stay at the Casa Magna and, as the title says, it really does not get much better than this hotel. From the classic design with huge public areas to the marble floors to the beautifully appointed bedrooms. Everything has the feel of a "Casa Magna" "large house" but on a grand scale.
The service was impecable in the restaurants and the pool area, this is just an outstanding hotel
If you considering Cancun you really should put this hotel at the very top of your list

Room Tip: Most rooms have an ocean view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ian m
BALTIMORE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We just returned home yesterday and I haven't even unpacked, but had to write this review. This is the most delightful hotel I think we have ever stayed in. My son looking at the pictures today asked me did we win this stay on Jepardy. Because the pics were so beautiful. We can't wait to take them next year. The reviews really helped, but some didn't do it justice.
We stayed 5 nights. We didn't have any problems and find this hotel to be family friendly and the staff awesome.
Yes this might not be the JW Marriott, but a great property with awesome food. The service is magnificent and the staff overly friendly. We had an up graded room for about $50 more dollars. Don't know what the other rooms looked like, but we thought we had step into a fantasy. My husband and I were giddy. The entrance and courts are amazing and I mean amazing. The room outer hallways may lack a little and may need some paint touch ups here and there,but that can be over looked.
The private car service to and from the hotel was clean and on time.
Oh by the way my husband and I were there for our anniversary and when had gone to dinner and returned, the staff Had left us a card and champagne. We were so surprised.
Yes it's true u may feel as though you are being nickeled and dimed, but the service is impeccable! We will be back next year and bring our kids. This hotel left us feeling over the moon!

Room Tip: Beach side rooms are better, but really didn see the the view from the street side. Have plenty fun...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple