Hotel Riu Palace Peninsula
US$251
US$117
US$84
Agoda.com
The Royal Caribbean(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$127
Agoda.com
5,670 results
All reviewsvip restaurantadult villassports barcappuccino barspecialty restaurantsjacuzzi on the balconykrystal restauranttamalessteakadults only sectionocean viewisla mujeresdays in advancemain buildingmain buffetliquor dispenserbeach area
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We've just returned from two weeks at the Riu Palace Peninsula, it was a special trip as I have just retired from work, my daughter had informed the hotel and we had champagne and chocolate strawberries left in our room a special treat
this is a lovely hotel the grounds are immaculate and pool areas are spotless, the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Great choice of food with several restaurants, we tended to use the main restaurant as there was plenty of choice.
We will return

Stayed: March 2018
10  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This was our first time to Mexico. We loved every minute we were there. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, the service was excellent and we had a spectacular view (16th floor). The food was good and something was always open. We preferred the small grill by the pool or the buffet, but the steakhouse was good too. If you’re looking for 5 Star gourmet, you won’t find it but the options were plentiful and the food good. The bartenders were fantastic and knew our orders by the end. We did learn to ask for the cocktails to be made as doubles. We were able to get a room about 3 hours before check in. The entertainment was pretty good (the Elvis impersonator was a little rough but not bad). We weren’t planning on coming back to Mexico when we got there, but now we will 100% back to this resort. I can’t say enough good things!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aeseay
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I am the kind of traveler that likes to go go go, so I was a bit concerned when my friends wanted to do an AI (all inclusive) vacation. Well let me tell you for my first AI this place is awesome.
The food was amazing (even in the buffet),a really nice part of an AI is if you don't care for your meal you can just get something else without feeling like you wasted your money on a bad choice, The fresh juice bar at breakfast was amazing, stay away from the big restaurant size machines of juice and go for the fresh right next to the fruit bar, the bars were well stocked with top shelf bottles, the expresso bar made beautiful drinks, and all the staff was friendly and happy.
I went to a few Riufit classes and Danny was always energetic and helpful.
We did not spend everyday lounging by the pool, we got out for a trip to Playa de Carmen as well as a tour to Tulum and a Cenote but I never felt like I was not getting my moneys worth when we were away because of how nice it was when we got back.
I thought the cost of this trip was a great deal.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank EchoSanDiego
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I honestly cannot say enough great things about this hotel. First, it's absolutely breathtaking, second, the staff is wonderful and so warm. They really go above and beyond to do everything to make you happy. Third, the food and drinks are fantastic! We loved every minute. We traveled with our 9-month-old and felt welcome everywhere. There are a few people who we would like to thank individually: Francisco at the front desk- thank you for all your help with accommodating us. Paco at Kabuki- you work so incredibly hard and take your job so seriously. Thank you for being so wonderful to us. Yennifer in house keeping- our room was always beautiful and the towel swans were so incredibly lovely. Jorge at Kabuki- you never blinked an eye when we brought in our daughter- Thank you! Daniela in photography- you are incredible. And lastly, Miriam at the buffet during breakfast and lunch- you were so wonderful and caring. You treated us like family and we were so thankful to have met you. Thank you for being so amazing. End of story, book this hotel, you will have an amazing time.

Room Tip: Get a room that's on one of the higher floors, it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sara A
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We have been spending my wife's Birthday at RIU Resorts for the past 7 years, first time @ The Peninsula This is by far the finest Hotel in their wonderful chain that we have stayed, for service, fun, food, rooms, view and top shelf liquor. If you are planning a special get away do not miss the RIU PENINSULA

Stayed: February 2018