“Noisiest night”
Review of Hotel Canto

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cancun
Hotel Canto
Ranked #171 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I had almost the exact same experience as the prior reviewer except I think he (or she) was far too generous in their assessment. I was dropped off at the bus station at night and needed a place to sleep before flying out of Cancun the next day. Stumbled upon the Canto. Seemed like an okay place for a bed. No frills. All locals staying there. Only about US$35 per night. So far so good. Went to sleep. Then at 3:50am, I was awoken by a live band playing in the bar downstairs. They must have just started because it was so loud the entire room was rattling. Loud hard rock (the song that awoke me was a cover of a Soundgarden). I went out on the terrance and saw that the bar had left all of their windows (it would have been loud otherwise but this was ungodly - I'm generally a sound sleeper and can sleep through practically anything). And this was a Sunday night! Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sheinwald049
Reviewed 31 December 2006

I found this hotel during a walk-about around noon after finding at least a dozen other hotels all full. Hotel Canto was clean and had a comfortable bed and a snack machine with very reasonable priced snacks and pop in the lobby. It was a long hike up to the third floor after carrying bags from the bus depot but the air conditioner was SUPER and did the trick. The wee north facing balcony was a treat as we could see the bus depot and McDonalds! After our Isla Mujeres peace the city ROAR and the club at the corner was a real pain. It was a Friday night and the club music got louder and louder and ended about 5 AM. It was a 15 peso taxi to get our heavy bags to the bus depot in the early morning--- a good deal in the big city.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple