“ONLY GOOD THING IS THE BEACH HAVING GROWN PALM TREES AND THE LARGE POOL”
Review of Hotel Riu Cancun

Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 20 October 2017

This resort has seen it's better years. Elevator sounds like it is going to break at any moment, plumbing comes and goes, noise all over resort from a squeaky belt somewhere by pool, bed is hard as a rock, no a/c in lobby or elevators, service is non existent and the food taste like chemicals. Area between pool and beach smells like sewer. The pool is large and beautiful, staff (other than front desk) is really nice, beach area is perfect.

Room Tip: Riu Palace or the Riu next to Riu Caribe as a lot nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela P
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We are committed to providing excellent quality of our products and services to our guests. We regret to read that you have left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind. We have sent your comments to the respective heads of departments involved and actions would be taken to address all your concerns.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you again at one of our RIU hotels in order to deliver the high standards of guest service and quality which are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (10,417)

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Well, as expected, nice one, nice trip, nice service, congrats to Riu.

Good food, good drinks, nice beach, good location, cool people around.
Is about in the middle of all the hotel zone.

Check my view in this photo i attached.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank IVAN M
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Really can’t say enough about the hotel, up graded to a suite when got there. The hotel has everything anyone needs, great pools, staff go out the way, food of high restaurant staff. Be going back next year

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MorairaNum1
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My fifth attempt to get assistance for dining for my group was on October 10, 2017. It stated someone would get back with me within 24 hours but it is now the 14th of the month and no one has contacted me. I was told I need to contact reception.cancun to set up my groups dining. I reached out four times with 6 weeks with no response. I don't understand why no one is responding. My group arrives on Tuesday the 17th and they have no clue if they will be able to have dinner together during the time they are here. I am very displeased with the customer service I have received by the RIU.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank ETXTravel
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are disappointed to hear that our customer service failed to live up to your expectations and that you have rated us with the lowest rating even before being our guest. The ethos of our staff training requires a helpful, friendly and very obliging service at any time. We will send your comments to management in case these standards have not been appropriately fulfilled at some point.

We sincerely hope that during the rest of your vacation we can be able to change your perspective about our services, please do not hesitate to contact our Public Relations staff for anything you may need.

With our best wishes we remain,

Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2017

My best friend and I went to Riu Cancun for 4 days. was the absolute best time ever. From check in to check out, I have not one complaint. food was amazing. room was very clean and had the most beautiful view ever. Every night there was a group outing, they made sure we were all taken care of and left no one out. There's so much great things to say about this place I can't put it all in writing. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends