“Last dinner in Cancun”

Ranked #19 of 1,329 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$0 - US$70
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the Hotel Zone, this was our first restaurant. With over 30 years of tradition, this location offers a perfect balance between the best of Italian cuisine in Cancun and the best view of Nichupte Lagoon. It will surely make a memorable experience.
Reviewed 24 December 2019 via mobile

Great food and great service. Gustavo was our favorite. The handmade ravioli and perfectly cooked salmon made for a lovely last dinner in Cancun. Will be returning!

1  Thank carliemiller
GRCenacolo C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Cenacolo Zona Hotelera, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2019

Dear carliemiller

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed all about our Divina Cucina Romagnola. It is important to offer you the best every time you come to visit us.
We hope to see you soon!
Best regards.

Write a reviewReviews (1,685)

Reviewed 24 December 2019

We dined here tonight, and it was fabulous. We’ve been here nearly a week already and have eaten at nice restaurants every night, and so far this one is our favorite by far. The food and drinks (everything from appetizers, soups, pasta, seafood and dessert) are exemplary. I would highly recommend getting the pasta that is done table side. I recently travelled to Italy and the pasta I had here even topped any pasta I had in Italy (which is surprising because I was initially skeptical to have pasta in Italy). Portions are decently small but everything is made from scratch right in front of you with fresh ingredients so it’s more filling than it seems. Additionally, the view of the sunset over the water is fabulous and the decor and environment are 10/10. What made the experience for me was our waiter Allen. We were a bit chilly on the terrace and he found us blankets. Additionally, my mom isn’t a fan of pasta so he recommended a dish they could do for her that wasn’t even on the menu (it was a whole fish and it was fabulous)! I would definitely recommend going here even if you aren’t an Italian fan and ask for Allen. Last point is it was also the best value we had gotten from any of our nights out (even with all we ordered, it was substantially the lowest bill we had so far). Will definitely be returning!

1  Thank marvkay

Dear Vhike

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed all about our Divina Cucina Romagnola, especially our Soups, Pasta, Seafood, and desserts. It is important to offer you the best every time you come to visit us.

All our staff will be happy to know that the service was excellent.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2019 via mobile

The staff is incredible here. The food is unbelievably nice and the cocktails are so creative and tasty! I loved every second. It’s such a reasonable price for what I thought was pure luxury! We were sat outside and had a gorgeous view of the sun setting on the ocean, so if you do manage to do definitely try and catch sunset and request outdoor seating. There are plenty of vegetarian options which I was impressed with as there weren’t many at other restaurants I’d been to in Cancun. I ordered pesto gnocchi and they came and made the pesto fresh in front of me! Super impressive. Would give a higher rating if I could.

2  Thank natstravels8
GRCenacolo C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Cenacolo Zona Hotelera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Dear natstravels8:

Thanks for letting us know about your experience!
We are pleasure to read that you enjoyed all about our Divina Cucina Romagnola. It is important to offer you the best every time you come to visit us.
The staff will be pleased to know that his service was excellent.

We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2019 via mobile

Best meal we had. That is saying a lot. Gustavo was great. Gnocchi was delicious. Calamari was amazing. Black Guitar was awesome. Cheese wheel pastas were all beyond belief. Loved it all. There were no leftovers. Could come back tomorrow.

1  Thank R5799GMcraigl

Dear R5799GMcraigl:

Thanks for letting us know about your experience!
Gustavo will be pleased to know that his service was excellent.

We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2019

We were surprised to find ourselves ready for a break from Mexican cuisine, so we headed over to Cenacolo. Our waiter, Gustavo, was knowledgeable about the wines, (letting us sample some to decide), and the food and did a great job answering our questions and pointing us to some wonderful dishes. My husband had the fresh fish over beets and my handmade organic “green hats” pasta was simple and yet excellent. We also had the best salad we’ve had since we’ve been in Cancun, and finished dinner with truffles and cappuccinos. Highly recommend this place for good food and great service!

1  Thank Travelingwhileeating

Dear Travelingwhileeating

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are pleased to know that you and your husband enjoyed your visit and each of the dishes we took to your table, in special of our homemade pasta Green Hats, truffles and cappuccinos.

For Gustavo, it will be nice to know that your service was excellent.

We hope to receive your visit again.